WFAS World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Talk to any NoMercy guy in WFaS. NoMercy is a new Russian clan made of the remains of the oldest Russian WFaS clans such as SiCh, Fearless, Magnust, NewOrder and others.

My clan played - and won - a match against them this monday, they had a nice 10-player team. With some more Russians they could easily make it become a 15-20-man Nations Cup Team.

Give some time both for Turkey and Russia. It's not their fault they can't react to topics like these. Look at all the teams who signed up early: all of them are more or less well-organized communities in WFaS. The Russian community fell apart years ago, and the Turkish did as well when the star of GrandTURK sadly fell down. I know some people do get mad when things get delayed, but that's just how things work in general. I have never seen any clan or nation leave a league just because it got delayed. Those who have already signed in can wait a little bit more.

My siege event last year was delayed by half a year and it was still the greatest siege event in the EU community. Players with and without clans enjoyed it the same way - a lot.  :grin:

French community's back to WFaS too ( due to Westres Siege being "populated" once again ), so maybe a new French team can also be imagined.  :fruity:

I think there can be form good teams with minimum 1-2 great players and 10-12 ordinary players who can play for team.

Only one team will be 1st.

The most important thing is giving your best performance what you can do.

We(Türkiye) are ready with lots of great players. :smile:
We were ready everytime.
But I tried to say something another about sign up date, but this is not important now.

HKP said:
Marth The Gryphonhearted said:
It's not their fault they can't react to topics like these.
It's their fault. Like Amalaric said, the tournament was announced months ago. There was enough time to form a team. Many Nations made it in time, they're probably just not interested.

Well those "Many nations" maybe have some people who actually KNOW that this stuff was and is going on.

I mean not every single WFaS player is supposed to read TaleWorlds every day of every week. Maybe some people just came back and saw this 10 days ago.

Just look at the ways the different national communities are organized these days... you'll definitely see a lot of differences. Also since many players, even those who have been community leaders for long, have disappeared from the game.

Think about the case of Ukraine. At the beginning they were racing for the place of the third largest WFaS community. Now you find it a miracle when you see only one Ukrainian guy. They could be the strongest team applying for this cup right now, but people left and wars happened, everything seems miserable for them.

Damn those memory flashbacks...

I made a post on Russian forums... We will know by Saturday....

Meanwhile I encourage everyone participating and those interested in following, join The tournament steam page.

As Mags said, this Saturday is the deadline for teams sign up.

Mags I don't think the Russians will play... There has been no response, so either their community is in hiatus or completely disorganized at this point. 

Still with Turkey we have seven teams and can schedule the matches.

Looking forward to the games... It will be fun to broadcast it as well... We can also try to have various team captains give their opinion on strategies employed and such.

Let's all make it an exciting event... For WFAS!

Team Turkey needs to confirm its participation by Saturday and then try to get the team organized as the rounds begin. 

Mags will make an official statements in regards to match ups and schedule but I believe he will institute deadlines for teams to complete their matches.  We want to avoid postponements and delays.  Furthermore it will allow for a greater degree of proper planning in regards to broadcasts and commentaries.

Thanks all.

And please ask your team captains to invite you to the steam page.  We are steadily adding content and members and thankful for the effort so far.

Ele

Scores thus far in the first week
Turkey 15 : 5  Austria
Poland 19 : 1  Brazil
USA    17 : 2  Bohemia/Czech Republic

We are still looking for one more team to join before 4/17/2015 to play Germany, we will be turning this into a league.
If your still trying to enter a team, you only need 6 players, but they need to be from the same nationality.

It is safe to say that we didn't have to wait all that long for fireworks and blood letting to start...

The first match that took place pitted USA vs Bohemia. The first ten rounds were fought on the fields and pitted Cossacks vs Sweden. The first phase ended with a 7 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw for USA. Of note was a particular attempts by Bohemians to divide their forces in anticipation of the flags. Their constant excursions by almost half their teams proved very troublesome, as these flanking moves were constantly cut down by the Americans. Most of the battles in this round were then centered around now outnumbered remnants of their holding force at their spawn (village). The second stage, featured USA (as Swedes) take on Bohemia (Poland) at Marketplace. It is important to note that here Bohemians began truly experimenting with different team compositions to achieve advantage. However, the Americans were able to prevail, maintaining a balanced team and countering the Polish tactical attacks...

The second match of the day featured Poland take on Brazil. While I was only briefly was able to watch this match, it seemed that the primary encounters took place in the first stage of their match up, on Polish servers... It appears that Poland swept them and Brazil was in a tough position going into their own server rounds. They were as Sweden on the Fields and facing Polish players as Poland. After a first quick win, they have lost the second game and thus match, forfeiting the rest of the match. Poland claims a match win of 19:1.

The final match up featured Team Turkey vs Team Austria. I have not been able to watch this match up but apparently Turkish team won 15:5. As late arrivals they wasted no time in making their presence felt. I am sure there were a lot of close games and good teamwork subsequently prevailed.

If you do have your own thoughts and comments about the matches and would like to share them

I will begin working on that all now, as well as schedules.
We just had our 8th team join, the country of Azerbaijan captained by http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigbrotheriswatchinyou/
Bringing the total teams in this tournament to :
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bohemia/Czech Rep.
Brazil
Germany
Poland
Turkey
USA

The Magician said:
I will begin working on that all now, as well as schedules.
We just had our 8th team join, the country of Azerbaijan captained by http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigbrotheriswatchinyou/
Bringing the total teams in this tournament to :
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bohemia/Czech Rep.
Brazil
Germany
Poland
Turkey
USA

Azerbaijan!

That means ManiaK will play! Hoorraay!

Sorry for the delay guys, I'm a little slow and part-tarded with these bracket forming websites, but here is the link to schedule and site that I have it on for now until I can figure out how to do a ficture.
http://www.scheduleague.com/manager/index.cfm?League_ID=23003
and this is a direct link to the schedule http://www.scheduleague.com/manager/index.cfm?date=0&source=schedule

Back
Top Bottom