[WFAS] Issue with setting custom names for new maps on dedicated server

Users who are viewing this thread

Don_S

Recruit
Old Guard
Hello there,

Well, the topic of this thread may be misleading as there are many similar ones on this forum (and also various guides explaining the process of creating custom maps etc). So, before I start describing the actual problem I encountered, let me tell you that I am aware of process of creating new maps and implementing them into the game (e.g. functions of the scripts file, scenes one etc.). I actually managed to compile and set up fully functional module with my maps available in the in-game level selection - all of them with custom names.

However, when I set up server with the custom module, the server requires from any client to download the module before it can establish connection with it. Well, that's not the point, especially that it is possible to add new maps with custom names to the server, while having the server running native module (I have seen online some "native" servers with custom maps that are named properly).

So, basically, my question is: how do I set up "native" server with custom maps that have custom names visible on the server list? For now, on my server I "replaced" original .sco files with my custom .sco maps, and edited proper codes in scenes.txt. However, any attempt of adding completely new .sco file and adding proper code for it in scenes.txt of the server file does not give the proper result. I also attempted to modify strings.txt, but with no good results.

The issue itself does not seem to be difficult to resolve, but I clearly miss something. I would appreciate if someone was willing to give me step-by-step solution of setting custom names for maps. This also could be helpful for other modders, especially that in many guides this problem is not properly described.

Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom