SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to start a long game to conquer the entire map: Should I wait(will the new version be released anytime soon?) or can I start it now?

I heard on the Moddb page that Dazzer has taken the mod over for the time being, is there any new updates or screenshots on what is being developed?

pizzaman_6 said:
I heard on the Moddb page that Dazzer has taken the mod over for the time being, is there any new updates or screenshots on what is being developed?
I actually havent taken over, I only planned to add one feature which would be Parliamentarian and Royalists generals recruiting regional troops which would wear clothes depending on the region they were recruited from (ex. whitecoated northern royalists with berets, Oxford area royalists in blue/red with montero caps etc)
It took so long because I was busy with other things aswell but im about to finish it

I would argue shields weren't obsolete. But they had definitely fallen out of use in most places. There's accounts from the Jacobite risings of targes stopping bullets. And the Highland Charge worked well through a couple of risings.

くま said:
NPC99 said:
Sk4ever said:
I cant equip my mercs with shields

Shields were pretty obsolete by the 17th Century.

Tell that to the Spaniards.

It's an awesome mod with a lot of promise. This'll go good places. Good luck NPC99!

Thanks  :grin:

Sk4ever said:
Welsh infantry is pretty useless without them :cry:

I’m not aware if welsh troops using shields, but I’ll check available sources.

I mean that the point if mercs in WFAS is being customisible personal troops. But welsh Infantry mercs just suck compared to any other Faction. Maybe add them some sort of polearm so i can use them as anticav unit or maybe some good armor so they can survive longer. But its just a nitpicking cause i dont realy use them for any serious battles. 

Sk4ever said:
I mean that the point if mercs in WFAS is being customisible personal troops. But welsh Infantry mercs just suck compared to any other Faction. Maybe add them some sort of polearm so i can use them as anticav unit or maybe some good armor so they can survive longer. But its just a nitpicking cause i dont realy use them for any serious battles.

Ok understood. Regimental musketeers and pikemen are the primary customisable personal troops in ECW as they can be equiped like a companion with anything you choose. The WFaS merc system only provides a limited number of customisable options.

OK, a long shot.

Your interest is no doubt mostly in a " military ( and costume, see ) simulation " of the ECW era.

Of course, in the 17th Century not just London was on fire - the Cultural Arts were ( are ) amazingly beautiful and engaging.

And through all the swirling intellectual forces, and violence, a Romantic Ideal was still an undercurrent.

So ...  how immersive do you / we want to get ?

Suggestions :

1.  A proper 17th Century music playlist - has been broached months ago ( as for me,  I have been inserting my own favourites ).

2.  More fiddly still - can you incorporate some " extra " Warband coding into WFaS ( I would think so, technically ) ?  Courtly Love was alive and well in the 17th Century - could we please have marriageable Ladies ( with Improved Faces, aforementioned ) scattered around the castles and cities ?  No tournaments, of course, but poets and harpists and lutenists back in taverns, and the learnt poems now quoting Milton, Donne, Shakespeare, Spenser, etc .........and, copied with friendly permission, the coding, already in some Warband mods, that allows your wife to join your party, be equipped ....... ( put it this way, if all the Ladies around are nobles', generals', et al, wives, then they may be nice looking, but in fact are only decorative......... ).

It is easy to request a lot of work, but you can see that these immersive features would be great value - adding, and worth the effort I think ( what do I know ?! ).

So if an update is on its way, thanks for all your great enterprise ( your ECW certainly has the potential to be developed into a stand -out, even more innovative, " Superior Mod " ), and consideration of these sorts of things.

Ningauble said:
OK, a long shot.

Your interest is no doubt mostly in a " military ( and costume, see ) simulation " of the ECW era.

Of course, in the 17th Century not just London was on fire - the Cultural Arts were ( are ) amazingly beautiful and engaging.

And through all the swirling intellectual forces, and violence, a Romantic Ideal was still an undercurrent.

So ...  how immersive do you / we want to get ?

Suggestions :

1.  A proper 17th Century music playlist - has been broached months ago ( as for me,  I have been inserting my own favourites ).

2.  More fiddly still - can you incorporate some " extra " Warband coding into WFaS ( I would think so, technically ) ?  Courtly Love was alive and well in the 17th Century - could we please have marriageable Ladies ( with Improved Faces, aforementioned ) scattered around the castles and cities ?  No tournaments, of course, but poets and harpists and lutenists back in taverns, and the learnt poems now quoting Milton, Donne, Shakespeare, Spenser, etc .........and, copied with friendly permission, the coding, already in some Warband mods, that allows your wife to join your party, be equipped ....... ( put it this way, if all the Ladies around are nobles', generals', et al, wives, then they may be nice looking, but in fact are only decorative......... ).

It is easy to request a lot of work, but you can see that these immersive features would be great value - adding, and worth the effort I think ( what do I know ?! ).

So if an update is on its way, thanks for all your great enterprise ( your ECW certainly has the potential to be developed into a stand -out, even more innovative, " Superior Mod " ), and consideration of these sorts of things.

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve been working on another mod, but hope to get back to ECW soon.

1. To add music to a publicly available mod it must be royalty free to avoid breaching copyright. Whereas individually, we can replace the vanilla music with our personal favourites. Provided these are only for our personal use there is no prospect of prosecution for breach of  copyright, opening a full spectrum of choice. If someone offers a suitable replacement set of royalty free music, I would happily incorporate it, but to date that has not been the case.

2. I will add this to the suggestions list, but make no promises. Modding is a hobby, so work order will be random depending on what takes my fancy.

I have still to publish the regional troop changes that Dazzer made. I was going to add some other stuff, but working on other mods has sidelined that for now. So, I will upload Dazzer’s changes asap.

After I have completed the next round of changes, I will make a decision about when to release the source code so people can add their own features without being held up by me.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom