SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Users who are viewing this thread

NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:
I totally forgot Caribbean existed. They have wonderful models, true. Some of them if properly edited, could be used

Bear in mind that Caribbean isn’t open source. Even if you have licenced that game you can only use their assets in a personal, not public, mod.
If you try to contact the developers and ask for permission, its possible they will allow it. Thats how we use their assets for our mod. But then again things may have changed and they have a different view on allowing this now

YourStepDad said:
@Dazzer

I agree it is a spectacular scene. But have you seen the trilogy based on Sienkiewicz's novels? The Deluge in particular, followed impressively although unsurpassed by With Fire and Sword (ogniem i mieczem), and Colonel Wolodjowsky is pretty impressive too. Hats off to The Deluge movie, it was breathtaking. The lord of the rings equivalent of historical movies, I would say.
Those are great, they're pretty good adaptations of the novels aswell, I watrched each of them right after finishing each book.

Dazzer said:
NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:
I totally forgot Caribbean existed. They have wonderful models, true. Some of them if properly edited, could be used

Bear in mind that Caribbean isn’t open source. Even if you have licenced that game you can only use their assets in a personal, not public, mod.
If you try to contact the developers and ask for permission, its possible they will allow it. Thats how we use their assets for our mod. But then again things may have changed and they have a different view on allowing this now
Did you use their models in your ECW mod?

DoDoCat said:
Dazzer said:
NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:

Did you use their models in your ECW mod?

No. I would have liked too, but they aren’t open source. The models I’ve introduced are listed in the mod’s credits.

Next patch, any chance of adding Diego Alatriste as a companion ?  Just for fun ( along with " improved female faces ", for a nicer " 2018 " aesthetic. I'm not weird or anything .... ).

Thanks for giving us this exciting, evolving mod. Great era.

Ningauble said:
Next patch, any chance of adding Diego Alatriste as a companion ?  Just for fun ( along with " improved female faces ", for nicer " 2018 " aesthetics. I'm not weird or anything .... ).

Alatriste's long jounery to England

Ningauble said:
Next patch, any chance of adding Diego Alatriste as a companion ?  Just for fun ( along with " improved female faces ", for a nicer " 2018 " aesthetic. I'm not weird or anything .... ).

According to the book series (The King’s Gold), Alatriste died fighting the French at the battle of Rocroi on 19 May 1643. I doubt that he stayed in touch with the Prince whose life he saved in Madrid (after having been hired to assassinate him), but King Charles (the fictional one) would have remembered his flashing blade and might have asked for his assistance in time of war. Making Captain Alatriste a companion would break immersion for any player choosing to role play as that character - who wants to meet themselves? I suggest you role play the game as Captain Alatriste responding to a summons for help from King Charles.

Improved female faces is already on the request list.

:lol:

Say, silver- hilted rapiers, anyone ?

I have not had the time in this alpha 8 to get as far as investigating the " hand crafted " commissioned items - I see very expensive prices eg a " thoroughbred horse" for 90,000 shillings, I suspect proving not a significantly better mount than spirited etc " regular trade " thoroughbred horses ( of interest, Rupert rode a flash black Arabian, I seem to recall ).
With no cheat menu available to check up on these special items before handing over the dough we are buying blind here.
So ..... is this inherited WFaS feature as " good " as you wish it to be, or is it perhaps, hopefully, about to be tweaked ?  Lower prices ?  Better " worth it " item stats ?    Desirable unique weapons and armour ( and horses ) "elite" models eg a special silver - worked Toledo steel rapier ?

And if not, alas, Captain Alatriste, could there be other colourful "personalities" to encounter, dare I say, a " mature " ( born c. 1611 ) d'Artagnon ( on some mission........ ) ?
( Just for fun, always )

Ningauble said:
:lol:

Say, silver- hilted rapiers, anyone ?

I have not had the time in this alpha 8 to get as far as investigating the " hand crafted " commissioned items - I see very expensive prices eg a " thoroughbred horse" for 90,000 shillings, I suspect proving not a significantly better mount than spirited etc " regular trade " thoroughbred horses ( of interest, Rupert rode a flash black Arabian, I seem to recall ).
With no cheat menu available to check up on these special items before handing over the dough we are buying blind here.
So ..... is this inherited WFaS feature as " good " as you wish it to be, or is it perhaps, hopefully, about to be tweaked ?  Lower prices ?  Better " worth it " item stats ?    Desirable unique weapons and armour ( and horses ) "elite" models eg a special silver - worked rapier ?

And if not, sadly, Captain Alatriste, could there be other colourful "personalities" to encounter, dare I say, a " mature " ( born c. 1611 ) d'Artagnon ( on some mission........ ) ?
( Just for fun, always )

Commissioned items are vanilla WFaS. I haven’t tampered with them.

Well, could you consider tampering with them, please ?

For that special Toledo steel silvered rapier !

BTW for inspiration Hermann Historica has catalogue photos of superb antique weapons, and armour.

Cheers.

Finally got to play the new version - and its amazing :grin: I really like those new pictures seen when encountering deserters, other factions lords etc. This time i've chosen to roleplay as John Hampden, a wealthy politician, Parliamentarian and a soldier. He was famous for refusing to pay ship money tax to the King in 1637 and he was also one of the 5 members whom the King tried to arrest which made the tensions between the King and his parliament even stronger. He raised a regiment of foot in Buckinghamshire with his soldiers clothed in greencoats. He met his fate at the battle of Chalgrove Field in 1643, but his regiment fought on and was later reformed in the New Model Army. Makes me wonder why wasnt he included in the mod in the first place, he seemed significant
Perhaps I will again get to post some short tellings together with pictures like I did with Sir Marmaduke Rawdon

Also I'm thinking the mod deserves its own subboard  :smile:
hampden.jpg

Is interesting how M&B series and mods allow ours to roleplay characters historical or fictional, mod looks cool because seems as Twenty Years by Alexandre-Dumas in first/third person version

Dazzer said:
Finally got to play the new version - and its amazing :grin: I really like those new pictures seen when encountering deserters, other factions lords etc. This time i've chosen to roleplay as John Hampden, a wealthy politician, Parliamentarian and a soldier. He was famous for refusing to pay ship money tax to the King in 1637 and he was also one of the 5 members whom the King tried to arrest which made the tensions between the King and his parliament even stronger. He raised a regiment of foot in Buckinghamshire with his soldiers clothed in greencoats. He met his fate at the battle of Chalgrove Field in 1643, but his regiment fought on and was later reformed in the New Model Army. Makes me wonder why wasnt he included in the mod in the first place, he seemed significant
Perhaps I will again get to post some short tellings together with pictures like I did with Sir Marmaduke Rawdon

Also I'm thinking the mod deserves its own subboard  :smile:
hampden.jpg

I think that I need to get the mod out of alpha/construction into a solid beta before I go for a sub-board. The downside would be a move to the low traffic WFaS part of these forums.

EDIT - WFaS mods don’t appear to get sub-boards, so even then, it’ll remain a single thread, just relocated.

Back
Top Bottom