SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Users who are viewing this thread

Oiled buff leather looks yellower than I’d assumed.

https://collections.royalarmouries.org/object/rac-object-15763.html

https://royalarmouries.org/tag/buff-coat/

P1010795.jpg

Might secretes be added for hats? It might be a bit tedious to create a new type of every hat though. I think secretes are little metal caps which are put under soft hats or even metal helmets.

Tasty Leaf said:
Might secretes be added for hats? It might be a bit tedious to create a new type of every hat though. I think secretes are little metal caps which are put under soft hats or even metal helmets.
There are a few hats with those actually

I've been testing the mod for about a day and as I made myself marshall of the Royalists (with CHEATMENU) for about sixty days. When I got further into being the marshal I noticed that when I was sieging cities/attacking enemy armies, everyone seemed to "join the battle on your (my) side". Even lords who are not nearby or those who are at war with my faction. This includes: enemy lords, enemy supply convoys, enemy artillery trains and the like all joining my side in a fight against whoever I attack.

Tasty Leaf said:
I've been testing the mod for about a day and as I made myself marshall of the Royalists (with CHEATMENU) for about sixty days. When I got further into being the marshal I noticed that when I was sieging cities/attacking enemy armies, everyone seemed to "join the battle on your (my) side". Even lords who are not nearby or those who are at war with my faction. This includes: enemy lords, enemy supply convoys, enemy artillery trains and the like all joining my side in a fight against whoever I attack.

That sounds like a consequence of the cheat you used. I’ve not seen it in gameplay & no one else has reported it.

PS the Deluge and its assets are not open source.

Tasty Leaf said:
Yep, I can confirm, even lords who are way too far away join the battle. This happened to me without using any sorts of cheats. I wanted to report this long time ago, but I forgot

Dazzer said:
Tasty Leaf said:
Yep, I can confirm, even lords who are way too far away join the battle. This happened to me without using any sorts of cheats. I wanted to report this long time ago, but I forgot

Ok, I’ll check it out. I recalibrated all distances for the resized map, I probably need to revert a couple of them.

NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:
Tasty Leaf said:

Ok, I’ll check it out. I recalibrated all distances for the resized map, I probably need to revert a couple of them.
My guess is, do you remember how you told us to change some numbers in module.ini so we can see more of the map? Could that be the reason?

Dazzer said:
NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:
Tasty Leaf said:

My guess is, do you remember how you told us to change some numbers in module.ini so we can see more of the map? Could that be the reason?

No. That just changed seeing distance back to Warband/WFaS norms. It’ll be somewhere in the distance changes I made.

Ah. Well good luck in fixing it then

May I point out, the amazing battle scene from Cromwell (1970), which is about the civil wars, the battle of Edgehill in particular, was recently uploaded to youtube. Its worth a watch, trust me! One of the best 17th century battle scenes I ever saw

Dazzer said:

May I point out, the amazing battle scene from Cromwell (1970), which is about the civil wars, the battle of Edgehill in particular, was recently uploaded to youtube. Its worth a watch, trust me! One of the best 17th century battle scenes I ever saw

Nice scenes, but some considerable poetic licence - Oliver Cromwell arrived too late to take part in the battle of Edgehill.  :grin:

NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:

Nice scenes, but some considerable poetic licence - Oliver Cromwell arrived too late to take part in the battle of Edgehill.  :grin:

Yeah, it has many inacuraccies but still a great movie

One of the reasons some armours may not look as good in ECW is that there's an error in the load order so some normalmap textures aren't loading in. To fix it move the "line load_resource = bump_textures" to above the "load_mod_resource = materials" line in the module.ini file. Some improvement should hopefully be seen.

Regarding the WFAS plate armours, I'd also disagree that they're unsurpassed (I'm presuming we're talking about reytar_puzo).  Their diffusemaps are excellent, but the normalmaps are a bit grainy and the specularmaps are just a greyscale version of the diffuse. Plus the symmetry,  floating straps without transparent edges etc bring it down.  But they were great for the time (I think it was made sometime between MB and Warband?).

On a semi-related note, if any of you own Blood and Gold: Caribbean you can use the stuff from that, looks amazing:
fl7w8.jpg

It really does, if a bit too ornamental. None of what i see here I'd give to regular troops, unless edited.

Is there a mod that adds this to WFAS, and if so could you pm it to me?

WFAS already has a system for ordering expensive, ornamental and superior armor and weapon commissions. These would do perfectly. For certain lords as well.

EDIT:

@Dazzer

I agree it is a spectacular scene. But have you seen the trilogy based on Sienkiewicz's novels? The Deluge in particular, followed impressively although unsurpassed by With Fire and Sword (ogniem i mieczem), and Colonel Wolodjowsky is pretty impressive too. Hats off to The Deluge movie, it was breathtaking. The lord of the rings equivalent of historical movies, I would say.

kraggrim said:
One of the reasons some armours may not look as good in ECW is that there's an error in the load order so some normalmap textures aren't loading in. To fix it move the "line load_resource = bump_textures" to above the "load_mod_resource = materials" line in the module.ini file. Some improvement should hopefully be seen.

Thanks for pointing out my error. I’d recommend any players to adjust their module.ini load order as kraggrim suggests. I will include thus correction in the next patch.

@YourStepDad

Sadly no, I couldnt find a proper version anywhere. But I've seen some scenes, it looked pretty good. I might look for it again

I totally forgot Caribbean existed. They have wonderful models, true. Some of them if properly edited, could be used

Back
Top Bottom