SP Other WFaS Battle Size Changer v1.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
Download it Here (v1.6)

NOTE: THIS TOOL ONLY AFFECTS THE BATTLE SIZE IN THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME, NOT MULTIPLAYER.

Better late than never, right?  :smile:

With this tool you can get around the game's battle size limit of 150 and instead choose up to 1000. Note that overly large battle sizes can very easily crash WF&S if your computer isn't able to handle them, or at the least cause horrible slowdowns. Don't even expect to be able to have battles of size 1000 even if you have the latest and greatest hardware; that upper limit is that high to give plenty of leeway. If you experience crashes, you should lower the battle size.

This tool is packaged in an installer and will optionally create a desktop shortcut.

How to use this tool:
1. Make sure to have run WF&S at least once so the configuration data files are created.
2. Make sure WF&S is not running when you use this tool.
3. Run this tool, choose your desired battle size, then save and exit.
4. When you next run WF&S, the desired battle size will be set (which can be confirmed on the options screen).

Changelist:
v1.6
  • initial release

Oh cool. I've never tried a battle size changer in any of TW's games because I know my laptop wouldn't much like the results, but cool nonetheless. :grin:

omg omg omg omg omg omg imma start playin' WFaS again....

I hate to complain, but has anyone seriously thought of including battle size changes in their mod?  I have manually changed my battle sizes for years to add a higher cap.  My computer now can handle some ridiculously large battles, but the lack of flexibility for sieges and the fact that they are not designed for large troop confrontations really kills that style of combat.  Unless multiple parties attack at different points of the fortress it turns into a mob on mob limited by a single bottleneck.  On most maps there is not more than one way to attack a fortress.  This would require some rethinking, but I think it would make the game much more fun. 

which pc component is crucial for large battles without lagging?

I have quad core pc, 9800gt , 4 gb ram and in native my pc can handle 400 without any lagging, but in rule your kingdom mod, around 300 is my max 150vs150.

So question remains which component...?

CPU clock speed (not number of cores) is the most important for battle size.

The WFaS enhanced mod likely has a good deal of additional code running in battles for some of the features it runs, which uses CPU exponentially for each extra agent added as you increase the battle size.

!#@#$%...i thought it was because of 4 gb ram on my win 7 64b.
it`s not an option for me right now to by some new motherboard + CPU

thanks for the info caba

Back
Top Bottom