WesternCraft v1 - Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

GustavoBR said:
Is dead? 1 year waiting.

Eu tambem so BR gustavo... Do jeito que eles vem falando há tempos, esse MOD vai demora mais 1 ano... Mais se alguma equipe se ajunta com os cara ai sim... E é só um cara que ta fazendo, por isso que ta demorando....

ok not sure what he said but just making sure you know that im still interested in helping out on this mod. ive been studying C++ just for this. let me know if you need me.

On the server we play on we want to use guns but on the big map, (Wild wind) and their is no carbon. If any one edits the map and most it on the server any one who try's to join but the person who made it cannot spawn. The map is just black. Now we have more than 20 people most of the time including Teredevil who play on our own server, we are Australian but we have people right round the world who come on our team speak called Men of Valour. Team speak IP:173.199.80.178:9199 . I've been working on the big map for about 6 hours editing it but I'm really annoyed since we cant use it and some of our other members are also pissed off since it doesn't work. Now it would be really helpful if some one could help me with this. Also I've been talking to some of our members and they said they would love to continue modding Wild wind but they don't know how but I'm pretty sure people will be willing if you give them instructions or an tutorial.

Theirs carbon in that map! It's hidden in the hills across the deep river. I thought their wasn't any either. If you look on the spawning map it should be in the upper left area of the map. You can't climb the mountain but If you go around and up the side with the sand on it, you will get their. I found this out when I was editing the map. I hope you find it is hard to but it's their. I would also spawn carbon rocks around in different area (if you know how to edit a scene, this should be easy) because its in a horrible spot. Enjoy

Ok thank you for telling me, I'll check once I get home. I've edited the map with objects all around the map but when it is uploaded to the server the map is black so we can not spawn. If we try to join the server witht he orginal map. The spawn map is black as well for the person with the map edited. Do you have a solution to this problem.

Hmm... It sounds like something is wrong with your version of TWW. That's if its your side that has this problem only. If every one els who joins has the same problem, I would honestly not know how to fix that.

TDC_Overlord said:
I doubt you do, if you want to test a a public mod and you want to join in then you have every right to be allowed to join, without having to make a map. Last thing I heard was that Wild Wind doesn't like scene editors at all, and sometimes deletes you're entire map or doesn't allow you to spawn when it's used on a server. I can certainly make maps for this, but I have already tested the next version ad from what I have already seen I don't like it; the bugs are gone, buts it become more complicated than before.

Well it seems as if we are not the only one experianceing this. The only person who can play on the edited map is the one who edited it. and that person who edited the map cannot play on the none edited map. I'll upload a picture once I can.

On another note, what is happening with 0.18 update. You worked so hard on it to just stop. Whats with that. I believe you should just release it and let people choose from 0.17 and 0.18, I believe you have done enough for us to try it out. finished or not I think it would be good to see 0.18. This update has been in progres for more than 1 year from the looks of it and everyone was waiting for it.

Our teamspeak is called Men of Valour. IP:173.199.80.178:9199

Alright we have found out how to get the maps to work, but sadly no one wants to play the mod no more. People abuse the it and just keep on killing.

Here is a little tutorial for those who wants to run the server without that spawn bug :

about a month ago i found this mod and i really liked it , then i hosted a dedicated server for me and my friends to play this mod , i found out that there was no carbon for making the guns , then i edited the map i placed a carbon rocks , but when players joined the game no one can spawn :neutral: . but then i fixed this : when you edit the map , spawn map is editing too , but while players are downloading that map , the spawn map doesn't download , i know this is a crappy way but this helps ^^ i uploaded my Wild Wind MapEDIT module to the internet so the users can download it because that edited spawn map is included there so i put a download link to the server rules and instructions too , players downloaded it and extracted the files to their WildWind0.17 module folder , when the players connected to the server (with that extracted wildwind module) the spawn map seems to work fine !  :roll:  :smile:

No more news. Shredzorz abandoned development of this mod. Whether it is permanent or temporal I don't know. Ask him.

Back
Top Bottom