West Knights [wK] - Legends of the Omniverse

Users who are viewing this thread

kel said:
Shemaforash said:
WilySly said:
I am supremely disappointed in the state of Bannerlord.  Hadn't played since August, but heard that TW has made lots of updates/improvements/fixes, so I logged on.  I don't know how you miss the mark so badly after so many years in development, but that game is absolutely terrible.  I'd rather play War of the Roses from 10 years ago.

we all in this depressing ****
Yeah, hopefully, they can pull a miracle and fix the game somehow.

17c.png

or or get this crazy and whacky idea,

we continue playing warband and as a community decide on our own patches by making a module and control the landscape of the game as we see fit cuz no matter how hard we try taleworlds and i hate to say it i really do, doesnt care about multiplayer

I honestly dont know what you all think is so pitifully bad about bannerlord, the game is actually pretty fun and we (OE) have been really enjoying it.

Yeah the game has some problems but it is a ways from release and is still in """beta""", we may not even have all the game modes for one and there is still time for some things to be reworked. The game has drastically improved from its state not too long ago, they are working hard on smoothing things out.

Personally the biggest thing for me that needs to go is the current class system, it really just needs to be Infantry, Archer, and then Cavalry. Then you build your loadout from there just like warband, that system offered so much different styles of play and you could really customize what you wanted to be/do in multiplayer. Now its chose a perk that doesnt really do much in most cases on pre-defined classes and everyone basically looks the same and it all just feels so impersonal, uncreated, and regressive (Warband did what Mordhau did years ago for example, now we cant even customize what we want to be)

The combat is great most times, sure a few times it feels like playing warband on high ping (Feel like walking in mud, things are shifting around, animations get bugged the **** out, projectiles are unknown ballistic missiles) but like I said it is a beta so just chill out. Infantry fights are most fun and when the server gets organized and works together it creates some fun and tense matches.

Just please stop this eternal pit of depression, there is literally no need for it and just be patient and actually articulate what you actually dislike about the game so maybe (((SOMEONE))) can take some feedback and possibly create change.

You dont win if you dont play.

It's bad but it was way worse in June so maybe one day it can be Not-Bad. Possibly actually providing feedback and testing the game more than 5 mins rather than cuddling and crying in your klany thread would be good as well (or don't of course, it's just a game). The vast majority of competitive players have stopped giving feedback, some after just one or two games. Absolutely shocked pikachu faces when the devs start implementing all the trash suggestions from the casual audience instead.

OurGloriousLeader said:
It's bad but it was way worse in June so maybe one day it can be Not-Bad. Possibly actually providing feedback and testing the game more than 5 mins rather than cuddling and crying in your klany thread would be good as well (or don't of course, it's just a game). The vast majority of competitive players have stopped giving feedback, some after just one or two games. Absolutely shocked pikachu faces when the devs start implementing all the trash suggestions from the casual audience instead.

yeah but for a long while they were not listening to player feedback, so obviously people got frustrated and stop giving input

OurGloriousLeader said:
Possibly actually providing feedback and testing the game more than 5 mins

Rake said:
yeah but for a long while they were not listening to player feedback, so obviously people got frustrated and stop giving input

After reading pages and pages of people with identical feedback and seeing pretty lackluster responses from the development team, I was under the impression that they weren't all that interested in hearing from their playerbase, despite their protestations otherwise.  If you're saying that you think they're open to feedback, I love Warband enough that I'm willing to give it another look, but I'm not trying to waste my time.  Ain't none of us gettin paid for this, so when a developer says "Well actually the delay is intentional," I figure any further investment on my part is a recipe for a broken heart.

Gorlock said:
The combat is great most times

I wholeheartedly disagree, but I don't hate you for liking it.

Gorlock said:
it feels like playing warband on high ping (Feel like walking in mud, things are shifting around, animations get bugged the **** out

This has 100% been my experience, though Vorn's trying to win me over.  I've been playing it more over the last few days so that I can give it a more meaningful test, but it doesn't change my impression that Taleworlds have done a pretty poor job so far.  And, after years of relatively unprofessional behavior, I'm disinclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The "intentional delay" is the lag compensation that actually exists in warband as well. The delay we're talking about is due to their animation and weapon stats system, which they are improving, albeit far too slowly.

edit: of course after I say this, I try the new patch and blocking is much worse again lol

Ive been enjoying Bannerlord recently. Its not perfect but its actually fun now. I find it interesting that most of the super oldschool comp players dont like it as much, where as a lot of the newer (2015+) players are enjoying themselves a lot more.

I completely agree that its not ready to be released yet, but throwing the whole thing in the trash and decrying the process as hopeless is pretty short sighted in my opinion.

A wise man once told me that we, the competitive and multiplayer player base, are not in Taleworlds' business model. It shows. Giving concise constructive criticism and feedback post after post thread after thread. Fighting tooth and nail to eventually be told...

NDoLpO9.gif

I don't think the game is unsalvageable -- I just think they're taking it in a different direction than I'm interested in.  Although the fixed loadouts and entire "pay gold for spawn" system pains me, I could get over it.  It's the combat mechanics and general clunkiness of gameplay that's scaring me off.  The animations, the movement controls (for cav especially), the timings of blocking/swinging, etc all feel very off.  Doesn't feel like Mount and Blade to me.

And, maybe it's not intended to?  IMO, Warband with some polish, extra features and better graphics would have been the perfect next iteration and I think many others (especially the older players) were expecting something along those lines.  Instead, we have a dramatically different game, with the only real carryover being that you can still block and swing in 4 directions.  Sadly, there are multiple games available which have emulated that combat system (some of which do it better than Bannerlord), so I don't think it's enough to carry the franchise, especially if Bannerlord's execution doesn't compare with Warband's or any of the other available titles.

I hope and expect that Bannerlord will get better, especially with a bunch of experienced players like OGL/Eb/Vorn giving them feedback.  But, this is the beta.  That means TW spent a long time playing this and testing it out and going "Yep, feels good."  So while I would expect to see a bit of polish and some tweaking on animations, damage, etc., I wouldn't assume they're going to make some of the broad changes that I think they need to make to create an enjoyable multiplayer experience.  I'm just sort of looking at it like the transition from Halo 2/3 to Halo 4 and wondering if I want to play that game.

WilySly said:
I don't think the game is unsalvageable -- I just think they're taking it in a different direction than I'm interested in.  Although the fixed loadouts and entire "pay gold for spawn" system pains me, I could get over it.  It's the combat mechanics and general clunkiness of gameplay that's scaring me off.  The animations, the movement controls (for cav especially), the timings of blocking/swinging, etc all feel very off.  Doesn't feel like Mount and Blade to me.

And, maybe it's not intended to?  IMO, Warband with some polish, extra features and better graphics would have been the perfect next iteration and I think many others (especially the older players) were expecting something along those lines.  Instead, we have a dramatically different game, with the only real carryover being that you can still block and swing in 4 directions.  Sadly, there are multiple games available which have emulated that combat system (some of which do it better than Bannerlord), so I don't think it's enough to carry the franchise, especially if Bannerlord's execution doesn't compare with Warband's or any of the other available titles.

I hope and expect that Bannerlord will get better, especially with a bunch of experienced players like OGL/Eb/Vorn giving them feedback.  But, this is the beta.  That means TW spent a long time playing this and testing it out and going "Yep, feels good."  So while I would expect to see a bit of polish and some tweaking on animations, damage, etc., I wouldn't assume they're going to make some of the broad changes that I think they need to make to create an enjoyable multiplayer experience.  I'm just sort of looking at it like the transition from Halo 2/3 to Halo 4 and wondering if I want to play that game.
I agree the biggest thing that needs to go is the spawn/gold/loadout system, its a major regression from everything in the industry (IE: Mordhau) and lacks total creativity which kills my intent to play, I will just get bored like any other que combat game where its just as repetitive and boring as call of duty and I just have zero reason to play. Even if they fix the combat if this system is still in place my incentive to play drastically drops off

Don't think Skirmish is going anywhere. They just added another map to it. Don't think we'll ever get custom troop loadouts again either but who knows.

Battle servers with heavy modification will have to be made and by then the initial influx of players will have stopped playing or just switch to single player and never try again.

That's assuming anyone wants to make that mod. It's not all doom and gloom but I'm a lot more worried that we waited 7+ years for a game that is now only going into early access.

They're going to do singleplayer justice for sure.. they always get that right. Multiplayer & combat though.. There are fundamental design decisions that are not in line with Warband and in my view will completely demolish games depth compared to Warband. I'm with Shema, the first night I got in beta was depressing as ****. Waited 7 years just to find out that TaleWorlds doesn't know what they're doing. They're improving things slowly but most of the problems are design choices that they're not going to revert. The competitive community can mod everything until it suits our needs, but if TaleWorlds doesn't nail it off the bat then casual audience is gone.

Such melodrama hahaha. Literally if blocking is sped up by like, 100ms, movement is continued to be improved, and they allow you to make a battle custom server (clearly they will), then you're 90% there, the rest is tinkering.

The class/perk thing is the only unfixable one without mods, unfortunately, and I think that will have the biggest effect on the casual playerbase as the pool of players will be split into some crap CRPG/Mercs mod again, however it doesn't affect comp play at all.

Back
Top Bottom