[Werewolf] - Verona 1117 - Innocents win

Users who are viewing this thread

Huh. Those night attacks really were really unfortunate for the demons. I guess I'm happy after all that they took the bait to attack me only on the second night. :iamamoron:

Still, good job village, I guess. That Jock lynch was a bit awkward, and I'm not a huge fan of how the game was eventually solved, but overall I think it was a decent performance. I will say, I think Hamlet particularly had a good first game, I wish he'd got to show that more on the last two days. :lol: I will lynch Xardob on principle in the next game, if he doesn't shape up.

Also, I guess I'm least **** at making predictions. Yay? The one on Adaham wasn't even a pure guess.

Thanks to Dago for hosting, those narrations really were quite fantastic.

Thanks for hosting Dago! It was at times confusing, but definitely fun!

I targeted him because of my theory that no demon wanted to vote for a fellow demon on round one. My targets were therefore: Adaham (the traitor eaten by demons on day 1,  :lol: another stroke of luck for the demon(s) in addition to losing alpha demon), Jock and Vieira/Roccoflipside. Well, Adaham was eaten, Jock got lynched and then there was but one suspect left.

SootShade said:
Also, I guess I'm least **** at making predictions. Yay? The one on Adaham wasn't even a pure guess.
Well, my lurker theory turned out to be true as well, thankfully Archer listened to me ?

As to me, no one can read me  :meh:

:iamamoron:

Who was the traitor? And I'm curious, did you know who the wolves were / did the wolves know who the traitor was eventually?

I'd also love to no about the no-night-kill.

Moose! said:
Who was the traitor? And I'm curious, did you know who the wolves were / did the wolves know who the traitor was eventually?

I'd also love to no about the no-night-kill.

Check the end of this post:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,383429.msg9106736.html#msg9106736

No night kill:
Roccoflipside attacked SootShade, but he was sleeping by Dark_Hamlet.

Sleeping? Dark Hamlet was the blocker?

Adaham said:
I was the traitor. And no, I didn't know who the demons were, and obviously they didn't know about me, otherwise they wouldn't have killed me  :iamamoron:

So my tell wasn't totally off base.  :grin:

Moose! said:
So my tell wasn't totally off base.  :grin:
Soot hinted at the same thing, but frankly I was pretty much playing as an innocent on day 1, as I didn't know who the demons were. I can honestly say that the spammy beginning and the different voting system threw me off in a way that kept me from getting thoroughly engaged in the game. I'm suffering similar symptoms to Xardob, who put it quite nicely: "I like the idea of playing WW more than actually playing the game" (or some such). As such, the first game after the hiatus was more carried by excitement of being finally at it again. This game the effect was already wearing off, and with it the willingness to get thoroughly engaged in it. Hell, Xardob even considered bowing out from my game, which - of course - I'm not gonna let fly, but I can understand the sentiment.

:iamamoron:, I guess

My bad, but I can't help but try to use this like a chat messenger since I can't edit posts after the fact.

How do players feel about games with a fair amount of special roles and abilities, but they're all clearly specified in the rules up front, so there isn't any ambiguity?

No problem, and it's not necessarily your spammyness, as all those posts were rather short and quick to read. The fact Xardob accumulated almost 9 votes threw me off way more  :wink:

Problem with games like the one you describe is, that the game quickly descends into a frenzy of guessing who's which special. IIRC we've had attempts like that in the past and they sucked Big McLarge-Huge. But dynamics have changed, if you can find a way to keep people reliably from only guessing specials, it could work.

I'd generally prefer just keeping specials to a minimum, none if possible, because I think they simply take too much space away from other discussion. That said, you can always try to adjust things in such a way that they aren't too disruptive. That's actually one of the goals for the next game I was planning as well, which in theory could even end up with upwards of ten special abilities in play, though just how well it works out will have to be tested.

Also:
Moose! said:
Sleeping? Dark Hamlet was the blocker?
Here are our roles:
Dago Wolfrider said:
- You are Adriano:
Your Antinoo is Dark_Hamlet, every night you can talk about the game and you must decide who sleeps by who. If Antinoo is sleeping by Adriano and the Demons attack Antinoo he is saved, if they attack Adriano he will sacrifice himself to save Antinoo. If one of you is killed the other one will die as well during the next morning/evening narration though. I will send you the link of your quicktopic at the beginning of the first night.
Faction: Innocents; Karma: good.

- You are Antinoo:
Your Adriano is SootShade, every night you can talk about the game and you must decide who sleeps by who. If Antinoo is sleeping by Adriano and the Demons attack Antinoo he is saved, if they attack Adriano he will sacrifice himself to save Antinoo. If one of you is killed the other one will die as well  the next morning/evening narration though. I will send you the link of your quicktopic at the beginning of the first night.
Faction: Innocents; Karma: good.

Moose! said:
My bad, but I can't help but try to use this like a chat messenger since I can't edit posts after the fact.

How do players feel about games with a fair amount of special roles and abilities, but they're all clearly specified in the rules up front, so there isn't any ambiguity?
Special roles are fun to get and play, but the roleclaming becomes the biggest issue I think, regardless of strong the roles themselves are. So, in a way, having hidden roles is a lot better. However, I think even better would be to get slightly randomised roles. F.e. for 9 players to have 2 wolves, 5 innocents and 2 randomised specials (could be a Guardian angel/cupid/the witch, etc.)

Then, when roleclaiming happens, the wolf can pretend to be a role that isn't even in the game, so it doesn't get to a 50-50 roleclaim scenario.

Yeah, picking a set up from a few potential ones is rather good, it strikes a good balance between creating some uncertainty and giving people some ideas for what to look for.

Also, since you are here Arch3r, go sign up for the next game. :razz:

SootShade said:
Yeah, picking a set up from a few potential ones is rather good, it strikes a good balance between creating some uncertainty and giving people some ideas for what to look for.

Agreed. More confusion and mistery.

And SootShade's too. :mrgreen: :iamamoron:

SootShade said:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom