[Werewolf] - Rediscovery - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

So that makes the show the worst for suddenly getting rid of him.

I agree he was cool, but he would have had to be around for longer to make it into the upper echelons. Half a season isn't enough to dethrone Kirk or THE SISKO

Big McLarge-Huge said:
There's a f***ed up sentence in there, but I figure you'll get it anyway. So which captain did you actually like?
Ed Mercer. Or wait, I may be mixing up The Orville and Discovery again, as they both release new episodes on Fridays.
Big McLarge-Huge said:
I've already read that season 2 will make Pike the new captain, and supposedly he's the best thing about the show. Also he leaves at the end of season 2, so yeah, not really going well.
Joking aside, the swinging alien guy (Saru) very briefly and indeed Pike are a lot better. These are the ones I like.

Jock said:
@Archer

I know I've been flying a bit under the radar and am probably coming off a tad hypocritical when mentioning other inactive people, no excuses there.

You can call me saying Xardob not being suspicious 'defending'... then again you could refrain from framing it like that and give some actual reasoning as to why he IS suspicious?

Mainly because the comment "I didn't get the impression that Jock was being that cautious" struck me as odd, as I cannot see how.

Jock said:
Are you only commenting on that single post from MaHuD? What do you think about him generally? I think he has been quite non-committal and flown rather under the radar (just like me as you said :eek:).
I went through everyone's posts quite briefly, but MaHuD's other posts also fit the same description I think: not overly cautious, not jumping on any bandwagon-voting. I can see where you are coming from though, so I'll go over some of the more relevant posts of his.

MaHuD said:
Though Daco is a little bit suspicious considering the easy swing vote, I am not willing to vote for him at this time.

The quoted post above of Jock does sound a bit odd and is voteable.

That said, I seem to have a similar opinion to Doge.
I suppose I mostly formulated my opinion based on this. His hunches match mine and he's not too cautious to accuse people.

MaHuD said:
You misapprahend me Adaham, I am not saying that you are both wolves (or not). I said that I find your mutual vote bull****. You are both just waiting for people to come along, only to turn on them. There is no way you have already nailed down both wolves.

For the record, I always roll rolls randomly and never adjust. Hence I also don't metagame in terms of who the wolves might be based on the host's disposition.
MaHuD said:
The crisscross vote from Adaham & Xardob is nothing but bull**** IMO.

As for the discussion regarding to kill new or experienced player, I think that that shouldn't be taken into account, but filtering on activity can be quite important for a fun game.
Games that kill of all active players (regardless of skilll) tend to bleed to death.
I think these two posts are pretty much on the same topic. I think his read of Adaham (no idea why he'd use this name in this game though, I am assuming he means Biggie) & Xardob trying to find someone to turn against, by using this crisscross voting is quite accurate.

It doesn't exactly clear him a 100%, as perhaps he is stating the obvious, but I do think he is a lot less 'under the radar' as some of the other players I mentioned.

Votecount:
Jock: 2 - Arch3r, Big McLarge-Huge
Marowit: 2 - Jock, TheFlyingFishy
Xardob: 1 - Dago Wolfrider
Big McLarge-Huge: 1 - Xardob
The Doge of Benis: 1 - MaHuD
TheFlyingFishy: 1 - Marowit

Not voting: The Doge of Benis

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Wow, Fishy...you just spend three long paragraphs talking about the benefit of vets posting more. At the same time you claim to not post a whole lot, yet you do spend a considerable amount of space talking about something generic such as that. One could argue that you might have spent that time better ACTUALLY commenting on the game or at some specific players, rather than throwing generics out there, especially if we aren't to expect a ton of posts from you.

In other words, seems like a bunch of hot air to appear active. So, anything else to say?

I didn't mean to come off as implying that you shouldn't expect me to post super infrequently, but I do tend to make fewer posts than most. I like to have a lot to review as I make each post, so posting multiple times myself before other people have posted a good amount in between isn't something I will usually do. On the subject of my argument being generic hot air...that's how I've always viewed Day 1 in these things. Everything is total conjecture until we have irrefutable proof that a certain person was a certain role on said person's death. I feel like it's good to observe the happenings on Day 1, but I really don't have much to add beyond frivolous jabs at this point based on shaky premises. I seem to recall this not being a popular opinion of mine when I expressed it in past, but it's just how I genuinely feel. We can all pick apart grammatical oddities or employ psuedo-meta guessing until the cows come home, but we won't know the value of anything until someone's kicked the bucket. Even if we employ meta-analysis of past games as relates to how someone is behaving, you never know if they've played nine games a certain way to throw everyone off on the tenth.

Dago Wolfrider said:
It sounds like a roller-coaster self vote to me. You spent a lot of time trying to prove that killing inexperienced and not devoted guys is better than killing veterans and the only thing that you say to save yourself from this self denounce is that you know that you are innocent? Moreover the part concerning the relation between post length and frequency - experience is clearly false. I clearly did not claim to be a veteran, yet I posted at least as frequently as Big McLarge-Huge and Xardob and everyone can see that my post were more or less as long as theirs. I do not like long posts for practical reasons ( I am not a native English speaker and writer, even with my knowledge it takes some time to post a correct and clear message. Not to count the time to read and reread every post to not misunderstand you. Moreover as of now time is not by my side as I explained earlier. I quite disliked the idea of starting sooner, but no problems, I can handle it ) to be honest, if that is what you are recriminating. I agree with Big McLarge-Huge for what concerns this, but I do not share/like his tone.

Joke: Are we sure that there really is no jester in this game?

I only mentioned myself at all because I know I don't post as frequently as most people, even less so on Day 1, for reasons explained above and that by my own logic I would be a decent lynch. At this point, with no body, that's all I am able to say in my defense, and as far as I'm concerned that applies to everyone. I just simply don't believe that Day 1 can be handled in any fashion other than mass (educated) guessing. Generally, Day 1 is about sacrificing the person who gives you the worst bad tingly vibes and hoping for the best, then applying the new information you learn in Night 1 on Day 2. Being that tingly vibes are a questionable motivation for a lynching, Marowit seems as good a person to vote out as any of the people not making three or four daily posts.

I realize that you are so far making long posts on par with who I would consider the WW vets of this forum, but I also have less faith in your ability to sniff out wolves, assuming that you're innocent, due to the fact that you have less experience with the game in general and the players in particular by your own admission. Just because you're posting as frequently as them doesn't mean that your input is as valuable, and this is only because of your unfamiliarity with the players and not a dig at your skill. I would rather have a ranting Xardob around come Day 2 than a newer or more quiet player purely for the fact that it gives the village more and more meaningful information to my mind.

This Xardob-Jock relation is strange. Archer you forgot to mention that Xardob did not acknowledge my first post about Jock till I ( not expressly ) pointed it out. I found your other LoS quite accurate too, but the one concerning Fishy was quite cautious, yet considered his last post too.

New LoS:

- Jock and Xardob
- TheFlyingFishy and a veteran ( based on his strange posts )
- The Doge of Benis

That being said, my reasons to vote Xardob (the one I highlighted) were real, but quite weak. What I really wanted to see was mainly Big McLarge-Huge's and Xarbob's reaction to my vote to check if MaHuD was right about their crisscross vote. Moreover I wanted to study Xardob while being his accuser and see if I could learn a bit more about him, what I achieved with Big McLarge-Huge ( not to forget that Xardob and Big McLarge-Huge were the only really active players ). These are all the reasons I did not highlight before. After that I did not change my vote because I had not another real suspect and now I am quite puzzled.

5. If Biggie is a wolf, lynch the Doge of Benis.
A bit too obvious, I doubt this is true.

I just wanted The Doge of Benis to talk, mission failed twice. He did not answer my provocations. That's why he still is on my new LoS.

P. S. @Xardob and Big McLarge-Huge, I know that your reasons for your recent votes may be self evident, but can you please tell us why you voted for them?

Well, after three consecutive Star Trek posts I felt like I should contribute to the game again. And nothing says contribution like changing your vote  :cool:

Dago Wolfrider said:
That being said, my reasons to vote Xardob (the one I highlighted) were real, but quite weak. What I really wanted to see was mainly Big McLarge-Huge's and Xarbob's reaction to my vote to check if MaHuD was right about their crisscross vote. Moreover I wanted to study Xardob while being his accuser and see if I could learn a bit more about him, what I achieved with Big McLarge-Huge ( not to forget that Xardob and Big McLarge-Huge were the only really active players ). These are all the reasons I did not highlight before. After that I did not change my vote because I had not another real suspect and now I am quite puzzled.
So your experiment showed they're both innocent then?

Jock said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
So your experiment showed they're both innocent then?

No. No experiment can show that. Mahud's idea about their crisscross vote was wrong. They were probably both joking. I am more leaning towards innocent for what concerns Big McLarge-Huge. Xardob can't say that. Yet I have found their main weakness
they both love this game too much. Can't blame them for that.

It's not love when you're addicted, no? More like "I know I shouldn't, I know it's not good for me, I know how it ruins my life...but...but....*SIGN UP*...ah, one more game can't hurt  :dead::iamamoron:

Marowit and The Doge of Benis have been prodded.

Just to remind everyone else as well, we are now well into the second half of the already extended day. I have been considering an additional extension in consideration for the folks that will be busy right around the deadline, but with this level of activity I am not inclined to think it will help much. There's no rule that says you guys have to leave the lynch until right before the deadline either, if you feel like you've got enough discussion out of the day already. :wink:

SootShade said:
Marowit and The Doge of Benis have been prodded.

Just to remind everyone else as well, we are now well into the second half of the already extended day. I have been considering an additional extension in consideration for the folks that will be busy right around the deadline, but with this level of activity I am not inclined to think it will help much. There's no rule that says you guys have to leave the lynch until right before the deadline either, if you feel like you've got enough discussion out of the day already. :wink:

26 it's fine by me, even too much, maybe.

Dago Wolfrider said:
P. S. @Xardob and Big McLarge-Huge, I know that your reasons for your recent votes may be self evident, but can you please tell us why you voted for them?
It's his third post talking about the advantages of lynching a newbie instead of doing any actual hunting. I could excuse the first one, and maybe even the second, but the third strike was too much.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
It's not love when you're addicted, no? More like "I know I shouldn't, I know it's not good for me, I know how it ruins my life...but...but....*SIGN UP*...ah, one more game can't hurt  :dead::iamamoron:
Couldn't have put it better myself.  :iamamoron:

What's Rara? I googled it, yet I could not find a good translation considered the context and the sentence.

Marowit said:
Rara I'm in Seattle for spring break I'll post tonight when I'm tripping balls.

Just watch this at 0.5 speed and there will be no need for drugs.

Back
Top Bottom