[Werewolf] Main Thread - SOOTSHADE IS HERE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds good. I was thinking of how I could apply an approach in the same spirit to hosting. First thing that comes to mind is assigning roles solely based on what amuses me, which could also be a good way to annoy you lot enough to make someone else volunteer to host.

Damn, GIFs are gonna be tricky. Anyway, do what you suggested, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope of this having any success. The less we invest and expect, the higher the chances of actually having some fun.

Damn, GIFs are gonna be tricky. Anyway, do what you suggested, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope of this having any success. The less we invest and expect, the higher the chances of actually having some fun.
Yeah, from what I'm seeing this forum isn't really a valid place to be organizing games anymore. The best we can hope for is to try to find as many of the old players as possible.

With that being the case, I'm increasingly thinking that the priority should be to just get as many people as possible on a Discord server. It would make it much easier to keep in contact with anyone that is still interested in the long term, and it would definitely make it easier to bring new players along. Even if we can't get a game organized right now, anyone who is interested in playing at some point could at least keep in touch without having to check in on a forum that most don't use otherwise.

That said, what do you think about playing some games over voice chat? There are quite a few people that I think might be convinced to spend a few hours that way, who aren't going to be convinced to play on the forum. Scheduling a time that works for everyone has its own difficulties, but in general it's still a much smaller commitment than a game that you have to check in on for weeks or even months, so I think we'd definitely have a larger pool of players to work with.

Greetz to all the lovely people here that thought of me, basically being Pizza and Dago who contacted me. All ye others can burn in hell ❤️
Who else but pizza would still be thinking of Adaham like a creepy stalker would five years later?

Also, grats on the offspring. Great minds think alike, I suppose. Although you beat me out by several weeks, so now it just looks like I am sheeping you.

In 12 years the daughters of Pizza and Adaham shall battle it out together in a duel of the fates, with star wars music playing. Mini-ham will be the Mary Sue that gets everything right, and Mini-pizza will be a delicious distraction that is either incredibly correct or hilariously wrong and nothing in between.

Ham_Rove.jpg

This is Adaham's "New Dad" look: A trustworthy countenance. Why would Adaham be a wolf? Hams cannot be wolves.

Hey, I genuinely enjoy reading your ramblings. I'll have to get back to it once I'm done reveling in the glory of our wolf quicktopic first though. I think it speaks volumes about our pack that I was able to make this prediction less than 24 hours into the game:

"I don't really have any qualms with lynching my packies, but I'm afraid that I'll be lynched next anyways even if I do. I think we are going to have to count on Llandy to carry us this game. :grin:"
(At the highlighted) well if you are a masochist, you can keep an eye open and voyeur me constructing my player's guide.

Please bear in mind, this is the alpha stage of development. Stuff is all over the place, chapters are being written approximately "whenever I feel like it" and in a completely out-of-order manner. The first 100 posts or so are meant to be placeholders for when the final versions of each chapter are ready, they can just be put in the placeholder slots, and then afterward is me diving into past games, doing retrospective commentary, noting how reads were formed, and what tells the wolves were giving off, highlighting very good play (no matter who is doing it) and highlighting very bad play (particularly if it is me who is doing it, because I don't mind ripping past-me to shreds. No one else's feelings can get hurt that way).

I post random supplementary thoughts as separate posts, and I try to write out the chapters on the topics I believe are needed.

The game archive on the first page only has my most recent games and it is still quite disorganized and missing lots of games, so that's a project all by itself, but any game that I reference in the guide will be archived and also linked when each chapter discusses it, so people can get context.

When I do the retrospectives, I also quote the relevant highlighted posts from the old games and commentate that, so you don't have to follow along with the actual thread of the game itself. It skips to the bits that made progress or made mistakes.

And then whenever inspiration strikes I do random chapters of the guide in a single draft, whether they were intended to be in the guide already or not.

But because all of this stuff is happening in a haphazard, disorganized way, churning out first drafts and diving old games to find examples of the concepts I talk about, the guide may not be very readable in its present form: Out of order, random.

In the beta stage of development, I will actually begin assembling all the pieces of the guide into a logical order and put the guide together like a lego set, so that all the chapters are in the right places, all the games referenced are archived, all the links are functional, and the guide becomes readable in order of post number, or you can skip to relevant chapters because there will be an index.

Then it should look more like a guide.

After the beta stage of development, I will basically be starting a completely new thread, copying my work from the beta version, polishing each chapter and putting them in sequence, organizing my past games retrospectives and putting them directly after the guide, and not including all the notes and random crap posts that are remnants from the development stage.

At that point it should be ready for release. Which will be wildly relevant to all of you if you can't even cobble together enough players for a mini game, I know.

If you get the hankering that badly I can always find a player to fill a spot for you. I still have random peeps that follow me to strange places sometimes. But I also know Taleworlds was super into just playing with the usual Taleworlds folks. :wink:

Exploring the great big beyond you run into weirdos like me. And we can't have that now!

Here, a recent chapter I wrote which I feel is a fine Example chapter. The topic: being a fair juror, which every villager should aspire to be, and it can even help your wolf game in certain situations.

If that chapter does nothing for you, you can probably skip the rest of my guide too. XD

Agreed about Discord being a better place, to be honest it's really difficult to remember to check the thread since it's been a year or so since I last posted!

So, I have a busy job, a house that needs gardening, a 3 year old Perpetuum mobile, an 8 weeks old daughter, concerts to play, articles to write...so yeah, I guess a game of werewolf is just what I should do right now. ?
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! I thought I sent my email to the wrong adress, I lost all hope, it took me one hour to track you down and then I received no answer, I was going to try and find another way to contact you and today I did accidentally come back here and I saw this. This made my day!

Greetz to all the lovely people here that thought of me, basically being Pizza and Dago who contacted me. All ye others can burn in hell ❤️

SootShade had already thought of you, yet I, as a good wolf, decided to track you down myself and I should have probably done it sooner.

I have been summoned. Soot performed the arcane ritual of sending me a steam message and a week later, it worked. I'd be down to play a couple games, here, over discord or anywhere else people want, as long as it's with the TW crew.

Adaham, congrats on the new pup. Last time we spoke you still had only one, man time is flying.

Pizza, that's a really interesting project. I always toyed with the idea of writing some kind of guide to WW, but I never had the discipline. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom