[Werewolf] Crusade on Castle Mengelberg, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem is I don't know what the deal with Magorian is going to be (or Cado, but I think he'll be alseep). I'd think that he wouldn't allow a no-lynch to happen, but I can't predict the future.

Cativan said:
Nipplemelter said:
When did you pose the scenario of Adaham and I being packies?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,313657.msg7479157.html#msg7479157

Oh, I thought you were postulating the idea, but were too unsure as what to think. I did respond to part of it afterwards (though not exactly to the whole idea).

Adaham said:
Regarding against you/ with you...maybe that's a language thing that I - as a non-native - don't understand, but from my perspective saying "I've always had a hard time playing WITH women" sounds a lot worse than the same "against" women. The latter indicates a constellation where we're going head-to-head, while the first option describes a general problem I'd have playing with women. If anything, having a problem playing WITH women would be a mysogenistic statement, and not the other way around. Like as if I said: I'm having a hard time playing basketball against black guys (because they jump higher) vs. I'm having a hard time playing basketball with black guys (because I don't like them).

Okay, this is probably a language thing, then. Let's just say, that the way I heard your comment phrased was that you thought you were playing against me and CW. Ie, that you'd already put us in a pack together because of gender and had developed a "me vs them" mentality.

I can see what you are saying, that if me and CW are packmates, it might explain why you're having difficulty with the game and with reading us. I know now that this is how you meant it, but at the time I was seriously offended by what appeared to be a case of trying to tar and feather two players with the same brush just because of their gender.

But I ain't changing my vote. I did it under (admittedly, my own personal duress) on Day 2 because my vote on you was wasted in what appeared to be an impending lynch of Calodine. I don't care if this makes me seem stubborn, contrary or wolfish. I think you're a wolf. I think the village is making a massive mistake if they don't lynch you today. I can't put it any more plainly than that.

GODDAMN PEOPLE STOP POSTING WHEN I AM TRYING TO POST!

@ Nipple

You seriously can't see any malicious intent in Sheep's cherry-picking? Even looking back, with the benefit of hindsight? Don't get me wrong, I thought the case on him at the time was 50/50 (hence me sticking with my vote on Adaham) but now that hindsight has come into play, Sheep's behaviour seems blatant.

@ Ativan

I do think it is risky play. Whilst I trust Calodine to vote as he believes is best for the village, the same can't be said about Magorian. Now, this is going to sound really *****y. It probably is really *****y. But I asked Pilgrim questions on Day 2. I took time to respond to his single feeble post. Then he got replaced, so I never got my answers. I hoped Vieira might clear up my feelings about Pilgrim. They really didn't. Then he got replaced, so I never got to figure out what was going on with him. Now, whilst Mags has made a nice summary of Day 1, he's provided no Day 2 input, no Day 3 input, and has as yet not provided me with a single answer. Despite apparently begging ejnomad to join the game (nomad's own words in this very thread).

I am fed up with people coasting through this game (yeah, you've accused me of coasting, but whatever. At least I'm here, and trying, instead of making up excuses (PS, Adaham, this is not aimed at you)). Sheep did it on Day 2 and very nearly resulted in the lynch of Calodine. Pilgrim/Vieira/Mags have been coasting and making excuses since the end of Day 1/start of Day 2. So whilst I do think it would be very telling to leave the vote to Magorian and see where he ends up, I'd rather not risk a no-lynch. But that's your choice, and the other unvoting peoples'. Like I said to Adaham above, I'm not changing.

Nipplemelter said:
The problem is I don't know what the deal with Magorian is going to be (or Cado, but I think he'll be alseep). I'd think that he wouldn't allow a no-lynch to happen, but I can't predict the future.

Well, looking at Calodine's posting history, he seems to keep late hours.

Unlike me, who should have been in bed a goddamn hour and a half ago  :???:

So I wouldn't count Cal out yet. It's not quite midnightish here.

I meant I wasn't sure if he intended to cherry-pick, or if he just poorly worded his accusation about bringing up rules. Even Xardob found Cado's post to sound like a preemptive defense.

Nipplemelter said:
I think you are giving too much credibility to Sheep. I don't think he intended to cherry-pick Cado's argument with malicious intent

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
@ Nipple

You seriously can't see any malicious intent in Sheep's cherry-picking? Even looking back, with the benefit of hindsight?

Nipplemelter said:
I meant I wasn't sure if he intended to cherry-pick, or if he just poorly worded his accusation about bringing up rules. Even Xardob found Cado's post to sound like a preemptive defense.

Could you clarify this for me? Because I really don't understand these two things that you said.

ComingWinter said:
Cativan said:
Reading Adaham's last posts made change my gut feeling about him and I am guessing we are making a mistake. I cannot shake off the feeling that CW's change of stance after the first night is very scummy, so I'm going ahead and voting her.

It isn't scummy at all. I told Xardob back on Day 2 that I suspected Adaham and Sheep were both wolves, but there was better chance of getting Sheep lynched over Adaham. That's why I switched. Also you are ignoring Adaham's blatant attempt to cover for Sheep by the I-will-lynch-myself tactic.
Yeah, you did that on day 2 but you didn't have a strong suspicion against Sheep on day one and never mentioned the cherry-picking. After the night's events, you voted for Sheep after me and Cal with this post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,313657.msg7452592.html#msg7452592

Problems I see:
- The whole post revolves around Soot's death and what he had to say about people, specifically Xardob and Adaham.
- You spent the whole post discrediting Adaham but in the end voted for Sheep saying that the case against him is air-tight. Not that I don't agree with this, but you haven't even been near the same position on day one. This is a dramatic change.

Also, sheep's day 2 post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,313657.msg7455210.html#msg7455210

The dead weight wolf paints Xardob and Adaham innocent, while you paint them scummy and at the same time you vote each other. I know this is not under your control if you are innocent, but makes sense if you are scummy. It looks like a designed act.

@Llandy:

I'm saying that I don't think Sheep was intentionally trying to take something out of context with malicious intent and that what he was saying wasn't overtly wolfy to me, since Xardob and myself had similar views on Cado's post about roles (in that it sounded almost like a preemptive defense). You make it out like Sheep is some sort of wolf mastermind who knew what he was doing, but I find that to be highly unlikely.

Nipplemelter said:
Come on now, these two are different things. Xardob suspected Calodine of making a preemptive defense, true. But he also saw the cherry picking.

Damn I don't believe we are still talking about the same thing.

By the way, I'll have a smoke and think about what to do. It would be good to see cal here ready to vote whomever he wants.

Cativan said:
The dead weight wolf paints Xardob and Adaham innocent, while you paint them scummy and at the same time you vote each other. I know this is not under your control if you are innocent, but makes sense if you are scummy. It looks like a designed act.

Also note how CW never commented on his vote of her.

I'll have to look back on Xardob's thoughts; I don't recall him believing so, but I could be wrong.

Nipplemelter said:
@Llandy:

I'm saying that I don't think Sheep was intentionally trying to take something out of context with malicious intent and that what he was saying wasn't overtly wolfy to me, since Xardob and myself had similar views on Cado's post about roles (in that it sounded almost like a preemptive defense). You make it out like Sheep is some sort of wolf mastermind who knew what he was doing, but I find that to be highly unlikely.

I doubt Sheep was a wolf mastermind, no. He was the Alpha, and he implicated himself in a cherry-picking scandal instead of letting a non-alpha do it. I think if he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have done the whole Calodine quote-mining thing in the first place. More likely, he saw an opportunity to discredit an innocent and took it, not expecting anybody to really pick up on what he had done.

Unfortunately for him, some people did pick up on it. And you turned it into a whole war (don't try to deny it; you did).

But you seriously still don't believe that what Sheep did was intentional or malicious? :\ It might not have seemed wolfy to you at the time, but looking back at it now should tell you that actually, it was very wolfy. Because he was a wolf. And he did it.

I don't know what's so hard to see. Why are you still trying to say that Sheep might not have meant it maliciously? :\ Seriously, I really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Nipplemelter said:
Cativan said:

Also note how CW never commented on his vote of her.

I'll have to look back on Xardob's thoughts; I don't recall him believing so, but I could be wrong.
This is the post I'm talking about:
Xardob said:
What he is saying is that the bait quote is out of context and you're twisting it's meaning. That quote is a hypothetical interpretation Cal gave his own behaviour. The original meaning of the power role comment is just that, a comment about the possible scenarios in case we have power roles.

Let me clarify: Suspecting Cal because of the comments he made is one thing and making it look like he claimed something is another. The first one is what Xardob and you did, the second one is what Sheep did.

Just when I thought I focus on a glass of wine and some turbo-boosting, this is getting interesting.

One thing I might want to add: When I read back (granted, only the first 10 pages), I realized that Sheep's misconstructed quote of Calodine came at a time when Cal was actually on CW's back about her early game antics (experienced players, etc.), so it could have been an attempt at attacking the attacker. While Sheep voted CW in his very first post, it appears as if his "case" against Cal was supposed to save CW from Cal's criticism. Granted, it didn't quite work out, at least for Sheep, but this is the impression I got when reading it back. Maybe worth taking into account.

Alright, two glasses of red have done their job, I'm going horizontal and will see the result tomorrow morning.

Nighty night!

@Ativan: Having a smoking-break between posting in WW brings back memories from the good ol' days. Especially after two glasses of wine...

@Avian:

Yeah, his posts don't indicate anything of believing Sheep to be suspicious for that, or anything about the quote. He does explain how I was misinterpreting Cado though.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Unfortunately for him, some people did pick up on it. And you turned it into a whole war (don't try to deny it; you did).

My argument was different and had nothing to do with Sheep's reasoning, not that it matters right now.

It might not have seemed wolfy to you at the time, but looking back at it now should tell you that actually, it was very wolfy. Because he was a wolf. And he did it.

Yeah, he probably was trying to discredit Cado if you look at in in hindsight knowing he was a wolf, but the argument about roles and Cado isn't the most wolfy thing, which is what I am trying to get at.

I don't know what's so hard to see. Why are you still trying to say that Sheep might not have meant it maliciously? :\

I think he was trying to come off as innocent with the argument, but his poor wording caused it to look bad. I don't know what we are arguing about at this point.

@Avian:

Xardob didn't call Sheep out on it though, which is what I was saying.

**** it.

vote: Coming Winter

I'll be up, so we'll see what Mag does.

So I'm at work and on my phone, so these posts will be sporadic, but I'm going to start going through the replies to my day one LoS. You all deserve some interaction from me, rather than just an incomplete regurgitation of my analysis...

Nipplemelter said:
@Avian:

Xardob didn't call Sheep out on it though, which is what I was saying.
Might be true, but he commented that my case against him was solid a couple times so I guess he at least understood where I was coming from. He made the distinction between being suspicious of Cal and making an out of context attack against him as I have said in my previous post.

Magorian Aximand said:
So I'm at work and on my phone, so these posts will be sporadic, but I'm going to start going through the replies to my day one LoS. You all deserve some interaction from me, rather than just an incomplete regurgitation of my analysis...
Holy hell, somebody should warn this guy that it is not the best time to start going through the replies to his LoS right now :lol:

Cativan said:
Holy hell, somebody should warn this guy that it is not the best time to start going through the replies to his LoS right now :lol:

You're an admin. There is a warning system in place. I'm just saying.

@ Magorian

Sorry, but the time for interaction was 24 hours ago. It's now after midnight. I have to be up for work in 6 hours. I'm not making myself a zombie all day tomorrow for the sake of whatever reply you've cobbled together less than 5 hours before the voting deadline.

I'm going to bed. I'll find out what happened to this thread in the morning. Or rather, later in the morning.

Just gonna leave this here

Calo: Also **** all of you I haven't even been inactive today
Calo: Other than, y'know, not having anything to say beyond 'whoop de do waiting on maggy'
Calo: Which I said already
Calo: ;~;

Anyways I probably will be awake so I can wait on voting some more.

I think we get more info from Adaham but I also think I'm actually okay with lynching CW also just because it's DIFFERENT information. Given Ativan has basically been echoing my thoughts all game but pushing and defending them way better I'd be willing to let it ride on his gut here.

Also also NO NIPPLE STOP THAT SHEEP IS DEAD STOP DEFENDING HIM ALREADY ASDFHSDFHGS YOU SILLY POTATO

Ahem. If you must, go look at my response to that post itself. It was wolfy because baaaasically every accusation bar one he made against both me and soot were lies. You don't get to forget this you jumped on them and pissed me off even more for like a day or so after that :xf-mad:

Last thing RE: The Adaham or CW bit. It's worth noting that Adaham KEEPS DOING THIS. He got all emotional and angry the last time he was gonna get lynched too. I even noted that IT WORKED back then. Because it was something I specifically talked about with ejnomad ages ago as something I did to get out of Adaham trying to lynch me years ago. Still happy to take a chance on Ativan's gut here but god damn do I hope it doesn't work a third time.

For reference it's currently two votes on ol' hammy and three on CW. Also for reference you two could totally pull off an old bickering married couple skit, just sayin'.

PS I'm dumb and cannot into timezones, what time is murdertime?

Back
Top Bottom