[Werewolf] Crusade on Castle Mengelberg, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Avian:

Uh, I didn't go with Sheep's argument against Cado. It was a little different, and partly due to a misunderstanding (which you don't believe, but that's fine), but there were more reasons in my suspicion than Sheep had. Plus if you recall, I was actually in favor of a Sheep lynch on Day 1. And as I said, the vote against Cado was because I was still in the "lets do something crazy" mindset, and he was the only option aside from Sheep.

Also, I'm not trying to start saying "LETS LYNCH AVIAN" again, but I went back through your posts and you seem to be playing on cruise control similar to CW (with less blatant *****ing about Adaham). This might just be your style, and it be because there is nothing much else to say, but it looks like almost all you've said is Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Adaham Adaham Xardob Xardob Adaham Adaham Adaham Adaham Facemelter Facemelter Facemelter Adaham Adaham Adaham Adaham.

It just strikes me as weird that you haven't interacted too much with anyone, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on this.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
I understand real life gets in the way but I've been waiting for some actual input from you for three days.

But I don't have a life to get in the way of my play. My issues are mostly motivation and confidence based at the minute. I currently don't feel like I can hold my own in an argument or discussion, even if I were to have the better case (which I didn't in my earlier posts but that's not the point), and that is seriously putting me off posting.  :mad:

Nipplemelter said:
@Avian:

Uh, I didn't go with Sheep's argument against Cado. It was a little different, and partly due to a misunderstanding (which you don't believe, but that's fine), but there were more reasons in my suspicion than Sheep had. Plus if you recall, I was actually in favor of a Sheep lynch on Day 1. And as I said, the vote against Cado was because I was still in the "lets do something crazy" mindset, and he was the only option aside from Sheep.

Also, I'm not trying to start saying "LETS LYNCH AVIAN" again, but I went back through your posts and you seem to be playing on cruise control similar to CW (with less blatant *****ing about Adaham). This might just be your style, and it be because there is nothing much else to say, but it looks like almost all you've said is Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Adaham Adaham Xardob Xardob Adaham Adaham Adaham Adaham Facemelter Facemelter Facemelter Adaham Adaham Adaham Adaham.

It just strikes me as weird that you haven't interacted too much with anyone, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on this.
Well it worked so far :wink:

Anyway that leaves out CW, Cal, Vieira, Llandy. I'm sorry I can't give much more about them since my previous LoS. Let's see:

CW: Her transition from "little interaction with Sheep" to "gung-ho about Sheep" from day one to day two feels very ****ty for me. I explained that in my LoS, but nobody seemed to be interested in it (it doesn't mean that I forgot about it though).

Cal: As I've said before, I don't see him suspicious for now. Or as Xardob put it for someone else: "I have bigger fish to fry"

Vieira: Scummy, lurker, needs to post more.

Llandy: I can put her in any pack easily. She has been playing on cruise control like me I guess.

Vieira said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
I understand real life gets in the way but I've been waiting for some actual input from you for three days.

But I don't have a life to get in the way of my play. My issues are mostly motivation and confidence based at the minute. I currently don't feel like I can hold my own in an argument or discussion, even if I were to have the better case (which I didn't in my earlier posts but that's not the point), and that is seriously putting me off posting.  :mad:
You have fresh eyes compared to us. You don't have to "win an argument", providing other perspectives is ok.

Cativan said:
CW: Her transition from "little interaction with Sheep" to "gung-ho about Sheep" from day one to day two feels very ****ty for me. I explained that in my LoS, but nobody seemed to be interested in it (it doesn't mean that I forgot about it though).

Why? Because you think I back-stabbed him?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Calodine said:
We're in a pretty ****ty situation, based on possible packs remaining. But going for Face/CW/Viera today doesn't help in that regard and still leaves the big question of Adaham on the table.

True. I hadn't thought of it that way. A few minutes ago (when I made my last post) I was actually considering switching my vote to Vieira to try and put a bit of pressure on him, since being patient doesn't seem to have any effect, nor does subtly stating "hey Vieira I'm waiting for some input" in the hopes he'll actually do it.

That is specifically if we lynch Adaham today and he turns out to be innocent. If he winds up being a wolf, we've almost certainly won.

It COULD be you/CW, or Nipple/CW, or possibly you/Adaham. Or anything involving Viera. But the three possibilities I find most likely are Adaham/someone. I'm leaning to CW right now, but only because I can't see Adaham playing it that obvious and it being him/Nipple/Sheep.

ComingWinter said:
Cativan said:

Possibly. I explained it in a more detailed manner in my LoS, missed it?

Cativan said:
Vieira said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:

You have fresh eyes compared to us. You don't have to "win an argument", providing other perspectives is ok.

I also never said I had to win an argument - I just had to hold my own. Rather than just fold because I realise what I was saying was utter garbage - which it was. Rolling over is no use to anyone - sure it might tell me I was thinking along the wrong lines, but it really doesn't help when it comes to poking and prodding for signs of scum.

Cativan said:
ComingWinter said:
Cativan said:

Possibly. I explained it in a more detailed manner in my LoS, missed it?

No, I just feel like I have addressed this many times. If I was a wolf, I would be trying harder to keep my alpha pack leader alive, especially after coming off of Night One where I would have a chance to figuratively beat some sense into him. Coming out of Night, not only to vote for him but keep it on all the way through even though Calodine is coming up to the chopping block as well, doesn't really make sense if I was wolfy. Adding also on Day 3 I put my vote back on Adaham and the suspect for wolf #3 is the guy who switched his vote at literally the last second.

As I promised (threatened?) here’s my run-down of Sheep’s posts in this thread. I want to lay them all out straight so hopefully I (and others) may see something which could possibly implicate somebody in his pack.

I’ll spoiler the main quotes for the sake of saving space, and prefix them with a brief overview. I will avoid speculating (for once) and just present the cold, hard facts.

Day 1

The first “real” Sheep post in this thread. In the post below, Sheep does four things.

#1 He brings up something CW said about Adaham, which he first claims is “semi-suspicious” and then writes it off as “most likely a joke”.

#2 He describes how both CW and Xardob voted to lynch Adaham right after one another.

#3 He votes for CW.

#4 He mentions Pilgrim’s eagerness to see the Day phase shortened was suspicious.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
If there were anything to discuss about I would, SootShade, but the only semi-suspicious thing I can see so far is ComingWinter's:

ComingWinter said:
Vote: Adaham

We know who you are.

Which is unlikely to be a slip up with 'we' implying him and his pack, and rather more likely just a joke. Other than that, both ComingWinter and Xardob voted to lynch Adaham one after another. Not much to go on, but I suppose I may as well unvote and vote: ComingWinter, as he's the most, if hardly, suspicious player so far. (Aside from Suspicious Pilgrim's noted eagerness to get to the night.)

@Adaham: I was known as xxlebox first, Voden after and then Nemesis. Recently changed to this. Played a round of this game together as I recall, though that was a few years ago.

The next post comes not long after CW’s mention that Xardob, Ativan and Adaham being the three most experienced players makes them suspicious. The six main points:

#1 States that this is his second game of Werewolf ever, and that he doesn’t usually follow other games.

#2 States he knows Xardob and Adaham are experienced players.

#3 Makes a case for “keeping both Xardob and Adaham around” as their experience means they will be scrutinising other players very closely.

#4 He hopes at least one will be innocent and aid the group.

#5 Keeps his vote on CW

#6 Asks for content from other players. (I know I was going to avoid personal speculation, but this is a fine piece of pre-emptive irony)

Venerable F. Sheep said:
This is my second game of Werewolf ever, and I don't usually read or keep up with other games, but I do at least know Xardob and Adaham are experienced players.

However I fail to see how that would make them prime suspects from the get go. In fact, whether innocent or wolf, they'll be scrutinizing (or playing as if they are) the group like one would expect from an experienced player (lest we start suspecting them of being wolves for acting other than expected). I think that makes them excellent choices to keep around for at least the first night (unless, obviously, they start raising serious suspicion before then), rather than lynching possibly our most experienced scrutinizers on our first night. Whilst there is a chance all three of the experienced players (Xardob, Adaham and Ativan) are wolves, we'll have to hope at least one or more is innocent and will actually be of aid to our group with his experience. That doesn't mean I trust them, not at all, but an experienced innocent player would be a true waste of a lynch, as I see it.

Either way, the fact that you're so eager to paint anyone with experience as suspicious only makes you more suspicious. Removing experienced players as early as possible would be advantageous to a wolf, so I'm keeping my vote on you.

Now, I would first like to see some more content from the other players.

Next, the infamous post in which Sheep attempts to frame Calodine. Sorry if I’m covering old ground with this, but I don’t want to miss anything out. Notable points:

#1 Mentions that Calodine is setting his senses tingling by his mention of the Special roles.

#2 Mis-quotes Calodine, tries to make a case that Calodine was being dishonest about his words/motives.

#3 Claims Soot was being suspicious by posting a lot without contributing and hiding behind the quantity of his posts.

#4 Says it looks like Soot is coaching CW through Cal’s attack, and also that it looks like he was defending Cal from Xardob’s attack.

#5 Changes vote to SootShade

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Calodine said:
Just as a general note to people in general - Given the possible setups, the Seer/Guardian Angel (If we have them) should bear in mind that there are only two possible setups if you exist. Just remember - If you have one of those roles, either we have both and the wolves have an alpha, or you're alone and they can't block you.

And don't drop any goddamn hints about it or I'll dickslap you so hard you'll be seeing Pavlov.

From reading the last few pages, there are two people who are tingling my spidey senses. Calodine is not helping the town one bit by even mentioning the Seer and/or Guardian Angel, as that might inadvertently draw attention to them. The little bit of coaching you throw out is just an attempt at claiming to be innocent, whilst helping the Seer and/or Guardian Angel in no way whatsoever. I get the feeling that you're just trying to make the power roles (if we have them) feel comfortable with you, so that in the case we do have a Seer, he won't check your alignment tonight, or a Guardian Angel might even be tempted to protect you.

And then you go on to say it was bait:

Calodine said:
I brought up the possible power roles to see if anyone took the bait.

What bait? The fact you're claiming to be innocent, as you allude that you're not the Seer or Guardian angel? Are you trying to get an inexperienced Seer or Guardian Angel to reveal themselves to you or the group with a slip up? I don't see what good could have come of this. To me it looks like you caught yourself saying something you shouldn't have (that being bringing up the power roles) and are now, before anyone jumped on it, trying to defend yourself by arguing it was bait.

And then there's SootShade. Posting a lot, but not actually contributing much. Apart from your suspicion of Adaham (which I quote below), you've only kept busy with ComingWinter. You look like you're trying to coach CW through Calodine's attacks (a good opportunity for you to gain someone's trust, perhaps?). But then you come to Calodine's defence when he's under suspicion from Xardob. You complain about Xardob not being aggressive enough yet fail to be so yourself by not scrutinizing anyone else in any depth. It seems like you're hiding behind the quantity of your posts and your activity, rather than trying to actively help the group by searching for wolves.

SootShade said:
Adaham said:
Anyway, I find it funny how CW (and now also Soot) wants me to post more. The way I posted was never the reason for her vote on me, and yesterday I posted several times when I was online, so my activity is definitely above par.
Now, this is where I find it curious how you somehow managed to be almost as defensive as CW in this single post (not quoting all of it for obvious reasons) when having practically no pressure put on yourself. Curious how easily you noticed that off hand comment that wasn't even meant to call anyone out, but to note that the conversation couldn't go any further before others, especially yourself were involved. And yet you apparently didn't pay attention to me explaining in a relatively lengthy way about how you were one of the most active players.

In general that post gave me the impression that you get massively paranoid the second someone else even mentions your name. That conscious about your fangs and fur?

Xardob said:
Am I the only one who thinks Cal is acting strange?
Yeah somewhat; but so far him being especially chatty is at least giving something to look at. However, what's up with you just making these noncommittal observations and not doing **** all with them? Almost as if you are posting just enough to not to have anyone call you out on activity, and yet not feeling like adding anything constructive.

I will unvote, and vote: SootShade, for now.

In his next post, the notable points are:

#1 Says the point of his previous post was to distance Soot and Cal and get a decent read on them.

#2 Claims that whilst discussion is good, a wolf could be hiding behind the quantity of his posts.

#3 Believes Soot wouldn’t be a good Day 1 lynch. With the amount Soot is posting, Sheep feels he can get a better read on him in coming days.

#4 Unvotes Soot

#5 Brought up the Cal/Power Roles thing again, stating Cal was trying to cover it up and using the ‘bait post’ defence.

#6 Takes a defensive stance towards Tuckles when Tuckles accuses Sheep of tiptoeing his way on the ‘CW bandwagon’.

#7 Accuses Xardob of being absent and only appearing to take pokes at people.

#8 Describes Nipplemelter as being non-committal and making joke posts.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Right, where were we...

For starters, the point of my previous post was to distance SootShade from Calodine so I could get a decent read on them, as their posting had been fairly similar up to that point.

I'm not trying to discredit you, SootShade. I'm trying to understand your motive. You are of course right that talking a lot helps the town, but you have to admit that the reverse could also be true. Don't be blind to that possibility, because I am not. A wolf could just as easily be hiding behind the sheer quantity of posts he makes to gain the group's trust or avoid being lynched on day 1. 

Based on his reply and what my gut feeling's telling me (for what it's worth, I liked how he admitted fault rather than trying to brush it off), and after he explained in particular what I feel was a defensive move for Calodine, I believe SootShade wouldn't be a good day 1 lynch. With the amount he's posting, I'm sure we'll get a better read on him as the game progresses.

Either way, that vote did its job. Unvote.

Calodine: You talking about the power roles then trying to cover it up bothered me, and I did quote your "bait" post to reinforce that. As for:

Calodine said:
He made what would have been a strong argument for my lynch (If it wasn't based primarily on a lie)...Then dropped a little bit about Soot defending me (Which also didn't happen), and voted to lynch him based on that
SootShade said:
Venerable F. Sheep said:
But then you come to Calodine's defence when he's under suspicion from Xardob.
This is where I'm going to have to admit some fault - despite the fact that I definitely wasn't trying to defend Calo
Calodine said:
I'd be more than happy to unvote if you could show that any of your accusations actually had any leg to stand on that wasn't made up.

Thank you.

Moving on with Tuckles:

Tuckles said:
The other guy that's got my interest piqued is Sheep.

Early on, the guy tries to tiptoe his way into the CW bandwagon, saying that "CW was the most suspicious so far (except for Pilgrim wanting night to come)" without giving any reasons as to why CW was suspicious.

Had you actually bothered to read the first pages, you'd have noticed there was no bandwagon, and that I was in fact the first vote against ComingWinter. After which my next post involved attacking the two players that were on to CW.

I really don't see how it makes sense for you to suggest that I tiptoed my way into a non-existant bandwagon. Hopefully we'll get a reply from you to clear that up.

Other than that Xardob is worth mentioning for coming in and making a poke at someone once in a while but not commiting, all the while still having a vote on Adaham, that I believe is without any reason. He also said he'd be active on Saturday, but we've yet to see him help the group.

Lastly, Nipplemelter takes a spot on my LoS for being very non-commital so far, making mostly joke posts (except for his one good post on page 6). I hope he'll be able to clear that up with the post he's promised us, though.

Next post has very little to it, just a small pot-shot at Nipple. No point summarising, it’s a quick read and the context is Nipple just replied to the claim about making “joke posts”

Venerable F. Sheep said:
I guess you're right. Not just joke posts. The other half was you promising us to give a post sometime this afternoon and while I do feel for you, your stomach and bad fish. Still waiting for that post though.

Next post is a bit more interesting. To summarise:

#1 Tells Adaham he’s nobody’s sworn enemy and that he isn’t on a crusade against Soot or Cal, although he feels the reverse is true.

#2 Reiterates that he was trying to draw them out.

#3 Points out that Soot and Cal have been voting “back to back” to vote him (and mentions Ativan too). Says this seems an attempt to start a bandwagon on him.

#4 Describes Cal as getting extremely worked up about being blamed for the Special Roles post which Sheep was directly responsible for blowing out of proportion.

#5 Points out that Soot/Cal have been voting exactly the same throughout the game (except when Soot had a vote on Pilgrim).

#6 Says he is still unsure about Soot and it would be best to “keep him around”. Suspects Cal of being a wolf, but not a strong enough suspicion to push for a Day 1 lynch.

#7 Mentions that he agrees with Xardob and Adaham about it being no loss if Tuckles is lynched innocent.

#8 Changes vote to Tuckles

Venerable F. Sheep said:
I'm not anyone's sworn enemy, Adaham, at least, from my perspective. I'm not on a personal crusade against SootShade or Calodine at all (though the reverse currently seems to be true). As I pointed out before, I was trying to draw them out (whether or not that was a failure is up to the group to decide, but I think it brought up a fresh perspective on a few players and worked out generally okay for the village (apart from the massive quote war that Calodine and Nipple have been having)). They've still voted back to back to lynch me, though (along with Ativan). Understandable when pressured, but a noticeable attempt to start a bandwagon I think, considering they've been 'tunneled' on me the last 6 (if not more) pages. And then there's Calodine getting extremely worked up about being pointed a finger at. I should point out as well that SootShade and Calodine's votes have been the exact same throughout the entire game. Actually, looking back, SootShade voted for Pilgrim for a while, when Cal didn't. But, they switched back to the same target (me) right after.

I'm still unsure about SootShade, and think it'd be best to keep him around for now. I'm suspecting Calodine is hiding some fur and claws, but not enough for a day 1 lynch.

As pretty much everyone else has pointed out though, Tuckles is currently not contributing in any way and has been acting suspiciously. I think Adaham nails it on the head, and I agree with Adaham and Xardob that whatever way he turns out (though I'm hanging on it being a larger chance he's a lurking wolf), lynching him would be no loss.

Since it is looking like no other lynch will occur, and Tuckles is a valid target, I am going to vote: Tuckles.

Edit: Terribly sorry, posted something twice inside the same post and thought I could get away with fixing it. :razz:

Day 2

First post on Day 2 is more substantial than most of his Day 1 posts.

#1 Claims Cal is ‘furry’ for switching his vote from Sheep to Tuckles and then back to Sheep (during the day 1/day 2 crossover).

#2 Points out that Cal was acting reluctant to vote Tuckles and states Cal knew Tuckles would be innocent. Goes on to quote some posts where Cal states he still wants to lynch Sheep after Tuckles.

#3 On CW, he notes she hadn’t seemed confident on Day 1 but came back seeming much more confident on Day 2.

#4 Claims CW tries to tie Sheep, Adaham and Xardob together whilst neglecting the other players who voted Tuckles.

#5 Accuses CW of jumping on the Sheep bandwagon after talking about Xardob/Adaham during her post, and accuses her of tunnelling on their discussions with Soot.

#6 Implicates CW and Cal in a pack and says she kept her vote on Adaham to seem ‘distant’.

#7 States he’s unsure about Ativan but claims it’s possible Ativan/CW/Cal are a pack.

#8 Claims the wolves killed Soot to make it look like Sheep killed him to ‘keep the heat off his back’.

#9 Still unsure about Ativan, as his posts don’t seem suspicious on their own.

#10 Votes CW as she seems more suspicious than Cal.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Apologies for my activity.

Calodine's switch from me to Tuckles and back is a bad sign of fur. He's been crusading for a lynch against me since page 7, saw I wasn't going to get lynched day 1 and went with the next best thing. Tuckles wasn't a dangerous player to his pack, but an innocent less is an innocent less. Of course he acts reluctant before casting his vote, and notes a couple of times that he'll be straight back on to me the following day. He has a stronger "case" against me and is clearly unwilling to chance his stance on it, but changes to Tuckles anyway. He also tries to clear himself in case Tuckles turns out innocent (which he knew beforehand), and makes sure the blame would fall on Xardob.

Calodine said:
I don't particularly support this course of action, but if it avoids a nolynch I'll get my hands dirty and hammer the last nail in.
Calodine said:
Given how we're only gonna get a single extra vote at best, I'll swap over now because either result is better than doing nothing. But don't be surprised when I drop it right back on sheep the following day.
Calodine said:
I was lining up Xardob for the possible no. 2-3 spot on my list, but if Tuckles is a wolf, that doesn't work. He pretty much singlehandedly pushed this through.

And, for reference? Still want Sheep dead.

ComingWinter: Voted to lynch Adaham day 1. Hasn't been very confident with her posts, but comes back after night time to make a post where she seems very confident of her case. What did the wolves discuss, I wonder? She ties together Xardob, Adaham and I because we voted for Tuckles, but forgets that there were three others (Calodine, Nipplemelter and Suspicious Pilgrim). The entire post is dedicated to Xardob and Adaham's discussions with SootShade, but she ends up jumping on the Sheep bandwagon. She became suspicious of me on day 1 (when she saw her packie Calo doing so), but kept her lynch vote on Adaham to keep herself distant. They had a chat about pack tactics night 1, and now she's homed in on me too.

ComingWinter said:
I've been reading and rereading for a bit now, trying to start forming connections and pieces.

*snip*

I feel like Sheep is trying very hard to press the attack on Sootshade with very intriguing reasons to go on. Hmmmmm.

Ativan I am unsure about. I consider it possible these three are the pack. Whilst it might seem too obvious a thing to do (the pack going after one target), perhaps they've considered in reverse, it's so obvious no-one would suspect it? They can go after me as the three of them, as they've built "strong cases" against me because of my "****-up" of targeting SootShade and Calodine.

I'm thinking after Tuckles was lynched, rather than me (they had expected to lynch me, but the bandwagon didn't get going), they offed SootShade so it'd look like I was trying to keep the heat off myself. They had their little wolf discussion and are now coming after me again for a day 2 lynch. Everyone has noticed Calodine's and Ativan's insistence to have me hanged, I'm sure. Like Llandy says:

Pharaoh Llandy said:
So. Sheep, Xardob, Pilgrim and Adaham seem like the obvious candidates benefitting from Soot's death, however I'm cautious about this precisely becaue they are so obvious.

Still, I am unsure about Ativan. His posts on their own don't reek of wolf, whereas Calo's and CW's do.

I think out of Calodine and CW though, ComingWinter is the most obvious. Vote: ComingWinter.

Another rather lengthy post from Sheep. The main points:

#1 Apologises for being inactive and gives reasons why he hasn’t posted much.

#2 Doesn’t think Ativan is a wolf.

#3 Pretty sure Cal and CW are wolves.

#4 Doesn’t want to lynch Ativan because he wants to be sure of getting a wolf.

#5 Agrees with Nipple that Cal has “parked his vote on Sheep” and not made further investigations.

#6 Says CW’s change in posting confidence is still notable from the previous Day.

#7 Claims CW is trying to use Soot’s death as an excuse for lynching Sheep by pinning the act on him.

#8 Also claims CW said there was a possible Llandy/Ativan/Cal pack, but then immediately goes back to casting suspicion on Sheep. (For the record, this was another case of Sheep claiming somebody said something they didn’t actually say by taking it out of context and trying to mis-represent it).

#9 States CW is the most obvious wolf and accuses her of being cynical/sarcastic to Adaham but doing little else.

#10 States that Nipple trying to lynch Ativan is a bit weird, but valid enough to warrant Nipple’s vote, even though Sheep doesn’t agree with the lynch.

#11 Notes that Nipple is being very active in the hunt and does not seem suspicious.

#12 Thinks Llandy is on to the wrong people but has been taking a close look at everyone.

#13 Thinks Llandy and Nipple are taking “neutral” stances with regards to “sides” of the village. Doesn’t think this is suspicious.

#14 Agrees with Xardob that Pilgrim has been shady and may be a lurker wolf.

#15 Uses Pilgrim’s line about wanting to have shorter days as an example of the most suspicious thing Pilgrim has said.

#16 Doesn’t feel Vieira (who has now replaced Pilgrim) will contribute anything more to justify a lynch before the end of the day.

#17 Notes that Xardob’s suspicion about Tuckles was wrong, can’t blame him for it, but still finds it a bit suspicious.

#18 Comments on Xardob/Adaham being ‘buddies.’ Doesn’t expect this from them if they are wolves.

#19 Mentions it’s possible that either Xardob or Adaham has checked the alignment of the other during the previous Night phase. Mentions that’s just a hunch, though.

#20 Has agreed with Adaham’s views the entire game.

#21 Notes that Adaham voting for himself was “a bit weird and suspicious” but that Adaham is the hardest to read of the whole game.

#21 Keeps vote on CW but states he’ll be willing to change to Calodine if that’s who everyone agrees on lynching. Doesn’t want to risk voting Ativan as he’s still not sure about his alignment.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Alright. First off, I'm not actively ignoring anyone, Ativan. I carefully read everyone's posts and try to dissect any information I can from them. This is very hard for me personally, and takes a long, long time. Most of the time it feels like my brain's going to melt, to be honest. :razz: However, some of the posts you claim I've ignored I have adressed, I simply didn't quote them specifically. I'm probably just a bad Werewolf player, like Nipplemelter says, but I hope this explains why it takes a long time for me to post. I apologise for it, and I guess I'll refrain from playing again in the future. If you'd all rather I be replaced, then I can ask for that too, I suppose. Otherwise, I will keep trying to do my best.

To be honest, I look at Ativan's posts and can't see wolf, like I said before. Perhaps that makes him the most dangerous kind, but I can only really say my suspicion of him is because he fits the bill for my idea of who the pack consists of (and his eagerness to rush for a lynch on me). Xardob says hunting for a pack is a bad idea, but I'm almost entirely sure Calodine and ComingWinter are wolves.

I disagree with a lynching of Ativan tonight, because I am unsure about whether he's a wolf or not, regardless of whether I think he fits my theory of the pack. If we want to win this game, we pretty much have to get a wolf tonight, so I'd rather be damn sure my vote's on someone I'm as sure of as I (and the village) can be.

Sadly (but I won't make a point of it because I've not either), Calodine hasn't posted much more. He says he'd post about why I should've been lynched yesterday but didn't come back with one. I suppose Ativan did that for him. Pretty much agree with what Nipplemelter says earlier: he's parked his vote on me and not investigated any other avenues. (But perhaps I am guilty of the same charge.)

ComingWinter, however, has posted. Like I said before, her type of posts have changed completely from day 1. She's certainly gotten a lot more confident, which is a noteable overnight change. She's still pushing to shove the SootShade kill on me, and it seems that's pretty much the only thing she can come up. She notes that I'm not sure about how suspicious Ativan actually is and quotes two of his posts that accuse me. What are you expecting? Me to OMGUS him?

Then she claims that it's possible the pack is Llandy/Ativan/Calodine, even going so far to say she deserves to be lynched for not seeing that one if it were the case. But she instantly goes back blaming me for SootShade's death. It's like its all she's got. All I can make out of this is she's sticking to her guns because there's nothing better to come up with, and this is what her pack agreed on last night. They expected to get a lynch on me quite quickly, and since that hasn't happened yet, she's not sure what to do.

Other than join the wagon on me, what has she done? Had a little bit of discussion with Adaham and has been cynical and sarcastic with her responses to him.

Seems to me like the most obvious wolf.

Nipplemelter's 'Ativan is acting just like OkiN and that's why I'm going to vote him' is more than a little weird, but he has now explained his reasons for his vote on Ativan, and they seem valid enough to warrant his vote, though I'm not sure I agree. Can't really say much more, he's being very active in the hunt day 2 and doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

Pharaoh Llandy: I'll be honest, I hadn't paid much attention to Llandy up to this point (sorry!) (though I did read all your posts). I think she's onto the wrong people, but her hunting has been good in that's she's taking close looks at everyone, and pretty much taking a neutral stance (like Nipplemelter). (That is, since there seemed to be two sides of the village forming for a while, with both claiming the others are the wolves, and Nipplemelter and Llandy took fairly neutral stances.) Can't say I'm all that suspicious.

Suspicious Pilgrim/Vieira: Can't help but agree with Xardob again. He has been shady, and I think Xardob makes a notably good point about the fact that if he was innocent, he'd be under more pressure (because almost everyone noticed his shadiness). However, there's so little else to go on, other than his "I want to end day 1 sooner", so I can't really make my mind up about him. He just seems to have been uninterested in the game, as he's now been replaced with Vieira. Perhaps he is a lurker wolf though, like Xardob said. With Vieira now having replaced SP though, we'll get no more input that we can reliable go on for a lynch tonight, or so I feel.

Xardob: Started off a little quiet but has gotten more vocal. His gut feeling about Tuckles was wrong, but so was mine (and 4 others'). Can't really blame Xardob for it, though it is a little suspicious. He's been buddies (for lack of a better word) with Adaham since the start of day 2, which while it may seem suspicious, I absolutely wouldn't expect that from either of them if they were wolves (WIFOM I guess), and although I'd rather not bring it up, I feel like it's possible either of them checked the other's alignment. That's a hunch, though.

And that leaves Adaham, whose views I've agreed with the entire game so far. Him voting himself is a bit weird and suspicious, but everyone has feelings and I can understand that. It's really the only thing I've got on Adaham. He seems the hardest of all to read into.

There's my view on things currently. My main suspect is still ComingWinter and I'm going to keep my vote on her. I'm willing to switch to Calodine if that's who we end up agreeing on, though it seems unlikely. I won't take chances on Ativan, because regardless of whether or not he's pushing for a lynch on me the hardest at the moment, I'm just not sure about him.

I'll be online tonight and I'll try to stay active.

Another short post from Sheep as the end of the Day approaches. Brief summary:

#1 Accuses Cal of trying to use a role claim to save himself.

#2 Sarcastic comment about Cal calling Nipple dumb for asking Cal to elaborate.

#3 Changes vote to Cal.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
Guess I'm dense too,  but is Calodine seriously pulling some sort of role claim to save his furry hide? And (obviously) he can't tell us who the special is or how he figured it out.  It's super vague but he doesn't care to explain it further, instead relying on calling Nipple dumb for asking. Great.

Unvote. Vote: Calodine.

I probably won't be on anymore, work starts at 3am and I'm hitting the sack. But I'll try to have another look before I leave.

After that, only a tiny post to apologise for bolding something that shouldn’t have been.

I hope I got all his posts in this. And I hope somebody finds it useful. Let me know if you think I’ve missed anything, and feel free to draw your own conclusions. I’ve tried to keep personal input to the bare minimum and have italicised any additional comments I’ve provided.

This was a terrible idea. I'm really sorry, but it was. Every time I've tried to play WW recently it's just been the same thing. I have no clue why I thought this time would be different. But it's not, and I'm struggling again. I am actually sitting here, shaking in my seat looking at a bunch of open tabs and a planned LoS trying to start, but I can't. I just can't. And I'm shaking and I can't start. I don't know where to start, or how to start, or what to think. My own personal problems seem to be affecting me even in games and that really, really worries me. I don't understand - I should be enjoying this, and I did in the past, but as soon as I opened up the tabs and went to start writing up something, my mood just dropped and I feel absolutely terrible now.

I'm going to sleep. If I feel the same way about posting then I'll probably ask for a replacement. I am really bloody sorry guys,  I don't know why I though I would be able to play. I've not been able to do anything WW-related properly since before my own hosted game. Hopefully going to bed can stop the shakes.

@Llandy:

I find it weird that Sheep decided to not hop onto the Avian wagon as a wolf, despite that looking like his only option at the time. What would he have to gain by trying to switch the Adaham/Xardob/Face potato-bloc over to Cal or CW? Did he want to come off as more credible and try to win people over to his side? Was he trying to protect a packie? Did he want to seem less connected to Adaham (and/or me if you want to think we are the three wolfketeers) in an attempt to make his packie(s) look less suspicious?

Vieira said:
This was a terrible idea. I'm really sorry, but it was. Every time I've tried to play WW recently it's just been the same thing. I have no clue why I thought this time would be different. But it's not, and I'm struggling again. I am actually sitting here, shaking in my seat looking at a bunch of open tabs and a planned LoS trying to start, but I can't. I just can't. And I'm shaking and I can't start. I don't know where to start, or how to start, or what to think. My own personal problems seem to be affecting me even in games and that really, really worries me. I don't understand - I should be enjoying this, and I did in the past, but as soon as I opened up the tabs and went to start writing up something, my mood just dropped and I feel absolutely terrible now.

I'm going to sleep. If I feel the same way about posting then I'll probably ask for a replacement. I am really bloody sorry guys,  I don't know why I though I would be able to play. I've not been able to do anything WW-related properly since before my own hosted game. Hopefully going to bed can stop the shakes.

It's okay. It's really easy to feel so overwhelmed and have no idea where to start. I did that in one of the games I subbed into, I just panicked. It was really awful and I had no idea where to begin or even how to go anywhere.

Start at the beginning or in the middle. Perhaps a good place to start would be reading Pilgrim's posts and then maybe then start to answer some of the questions other players might have had regarding you/Pilgrim.

Cativan said:
I second this motion. And I'd really like to know if Pilgrim had a valid excuse to get replaced but I guess that would push us to ****ty metagaming region.

Given that Pilgrim seemed like a pretty confident player who could argue his points (even if most of them were bollocks) I doubt it was game-related. He probably just underestimated how much time would be involved in the game; his activity became less and less until he was replaced.

@ Vieira

Look, I'm sorry if my post upset you or was a contributing factor. I know what it's like to feel out of your depth (see me: Day 1) but then I remembered to follow Xardob's advice. This is a game. It should be fun.

I think CW has made a good suggestion (partly), it might be a good idea for you to read Pilgrim's posts, but I'm not sure how much good it will do you to try to answer questions aimed directly at his personal play, as you'd pretty much be guessing at his motives and frame of mind. But it might be worth you summarising your own thoughts. If you don't feel up to a LoS, then why not start at the beginning of Day 3, and make some general observations which will give us chance to ask questions of you?

Nipplemelter said:
@Llandy:

I find it weird that Sheep decided to not hop onto the Avian wagon as a wolf, despite that looking like his only option at the time. What would he have to gain by trying to switch the Adaham/Xardob/Face potato-bloc over to Cal or CW? Did he want to come off as more credible and try to win people over to his side? Was he trying to protect a packie? Did he want to seem less connected to Adaham (and/or me if you want to think we are the three wolfketeers) in an attempt to make his packie(s) look less suspicious?

I don't know, Nipple. I'll mull your questions over today. Have to work till 7pm (yay  :roll:) so it will give me something to think about.

In the interim, there's a turn of phrase Sheep used which, looking back with the benefit of hindsight, is really odd. He mentions that he'd like to "keep certain players around" which makes it sound like he had a use in mind for them. He says this of Soot, Xardob and Adaham, and funnily enough those have been 2 out of 3 of the night-kills so far. I wonder if the way in which he phrased those sentences was a sort of suggestion to his pack, "let's not lynch these guys because we can kill them at night for greater effect" (though that would mean he made plans early and the other wolves followed them even after his death, since Sheep was lynched before Xardob was 'et, which seems a stupid things for the wolves to do when there were potentially better targets to go after).

But if the above is true, it could mean Adaham is innocent and might even be the planned night-kill after today. I don't know what to think.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this, because picking on the language/phrasing of someone for whom English isn't the first language feels like a crappy thing to do, but that phrase of "keep X/Y/Z around" has stuck in my mind.

Magorian Aximand is Replacing Vieira. I'm extending the deadline it is now October 21st at 11:59PM EST

Now let us get to talking and voting people!

Day 3: Votecount 3
Adaham (2) - (Pharaoh Llandy, ComingWinter)
ComingWinter (1) - (Adaham)
Calodine (0) - ()
Ativan (0) - ()
Vieira (0) - ()
Nipplemelter (0) - ()
Pharaoh Llandy (0) - ()

Not Voting (4) (Magorian Aximand, Calodine, Ativan, Nipplemelter)

With 7 Alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Day 3 Deadline is October 21st at 11:59PM EST.

Back
Top Bottom