[Werewolf] Crusade on Castle Mengelberg, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

SootShade said:
But yeah, even though I called two of the wolves I have to say I really figured Face for the third until this day when it became quite obvious. Again, an excellent performance by Llandy, but I feel like I also ****ed up.

I don't think you ****ed up. You were just too astute on Day 1 :razz:

Venerable F. Sheep said:
That's true enough, it did have its advantages as well. But it did hurt my pride a little bit too, being killed by my two packies. :razz:

I already apologised for that -__-

Venerable F. Sheep said:
If Vieira had voted Calodine within time like he was supposed to, you wouldn't have changed your vote on exactly the deadline. :razz:

I was going to be voting you anyway.  :mad:

Sorry for my **** ups, errybody. I spent days debating to myself what was best. Especially since I never had taken part in discussion so it was difficult to gauge how people would react if me, as a suspicious player came in and voted an innocent over a (highly) suspected wolf at the time.

And then, because I already knew who the wolves were, well, it made it difficult. I put too much pressure on myself and well, it ****ed me up.  :sad:

I'm sorry.  :cry:

As mentioned immediately following the night during discussions, it was really to try and provide cover for Llandy and myself. We eventually decided on Xardob, but in hindsight I'm not sure if that was the best choice.

SootShade said:
Hey, you were a villain Vieira, you don't need to care. If your packies are scummy, lynch them for the greater/your good. :razz: That's how I'd play, anyways.

:lol:

Doesn't mean I don't feel bad.  :razz:

Cativan said:
I'm sorry if I went overboard and hurt you though, that wasn't my intention. No hard feelings on my part.

Yeah same here. Like I said before, this is just a game, I would expect you to pull out all the stops to win, and I would do the same. Doesn't mean I hate you as a person.

Even if you do play more wolfy than innocent.

Vieira said:
Sorry for my **** ups, errybody. I spent days debating to myself what was best. Especially since I never had taken part in discussion so it was difficult to gauge how people would react if me, as a suspicious player came in and voted an innocent over a (highly) suspected wolf at the time.

Dude, don't worry about it. We won in the end. Plus, your vote did add to the confusion. And Magorian managed to hang in there, so no real harm was done.

Well, except to Sheep  :mrgreen:

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
And the truly terrible thing is, that I do actually have an eight page googledocs file as a you vs. Nipple analysis :\

So... can we see what you had so far?  :razz:

Meh, I think Magorian did more harm to himself than good, but Cado was being Mr. Grumpyhead.

Well, when I posted that it's very hard for me to sift through everything and come up with a post I wasn't lying. I was having serious headaches over this game, trying to think out scenarios and how people would respond to whatever I would say. Spent many hours thinking about **** before I'd finally be able to write a little bit up. :razz:

Edit: and then when I did post, it never actually worked out so well.  :lol:

Nipplemelter said:

If you like, though the intro is out of date as I started writing it yesterday before the storm hit.

Okay, here’s my look at Nipple vs Magorian. For the record, at the time I’m typing this, neither has posted a LoS on Day 4. Magorian’s said he will at some point, and Nipple’s given a brief overview of his thoughts but won’t have time to expand until at least Monday.

I’m going to try to keep this as objective as possible, but some of this will include vibes and gut-feelings. I have considerable bias against both players because they’ve both done some dodgy ****, but the majority of said dodgyness relates almost entirely to Day 2. And all I got out of Day 2 was that both of them were suspicious. I’m going to look at posts coming out of Day 2 following Sheep’s lynch, and then through CW’s lynch on Day 3, and what’s been done/said on Day 4 so far.

So, end of Day 2 was interesting for many reasons. Until five minutes before the deadline, the votes for lynching were tied. Here’s how they stood at the time:

Sheep (Calodine, Ativan, CW, Llandy)
Calodine (Adaham, Xardob, Nipple, Sheep)

Vieira (not voted)

Within the space of five seconds, both Nipple and Vieira voted for Sheep. In Nipple’s case it came as a last minute change of vote. In Vieira’s case, it was a matter of actually getting his act together to vote at all.

By the tone of Vieira’s post, it seemed obvious his intention was to vote for Sheep, even if he did it too late for it to matter. Given that Vieira had literally only just been subbed in and given some 36 hours or so to catch up on the thread, I think if he was a wolf, he would have had very little to lose by lynching an innocent. Or he could have knowingly lynched a wolf who was playing badly as a way of trying to win the trust of the village. Both scenarios are plausible.

However, given Vieira’s posts on Day 3 before he was replaced by Magorian, I’m not sure he’s the type of guy who would have taken that risk. His playstyle seemed very unsure and cautious. The vibe that I got from him wasn’t that he was purposely trying to avoid or deflect attention (as I thought his predecessor was), but rather he was in over his head. It was pretty obvious by the end of Day 2 that some heavy stuff had gone down, apparent camps were starting to form, there were some rather heated arguments, and Vieira seemed reluctant to (or unable to) grasp everything and make his own thoughts clear.

Nipple’s vote came as more of a surprise, but given how he’d been floating between votes on Day 2, in retrospect it doesn’t seem quite as surprising. Since Day 1, Nipple stated that no-lynches were bad and reiterated this reasoning when questioned about why he changed his vote at the very last second.

I do feel, though, that Nipple pulled himself out of a bad situation pretty fast and pretty conveniently (granted, the situation he wound up in wasn’t much better). If Nipple was a wolf, then pulling his vote off Cal and opting to lynch the alpha wolf was a risky thing to do. It left the wolves a player down and heavily weighted the Sheep voters against the non-Sheep-voters, especially given how Vieira finally voted. But then again, the same logic applies to Nipple as to Vieira; if a wolf, he could have used the last-minute vote chance to earn a bit of slack from the Sheep-voters.

It’s probably not very fair of me to bring the rest of Day 2 into this, but I’m trying to get past fairness and into the realm of practicality.

In Day 2, Pilgrim was almost entirely absent, made one poor excuse for a LoS that seemed more for show than a genuine attempt at hunting wolves, and then got replaced by Vieira. The vote came too late to matter even if ejnomad had allowed it.

In Day 2, Nipple was much more active than Pilgrim. He made a case for lynching Sheep to Xardob (here). He voted for Ativan, then for Cal, argued with me and had some suspicions about CW. But despite trying to convince Xardob of Sheep’s wolfishness, he didn’t actually follow through with his own suspicious about Sheep until it looked like we’d have a no-lynch (or Vieira might seal the vote one way or the other). He even contradicts his case later, here stating that, “I thought Sheep being a wolf was just too obvious.”

Of the two behaviours, I find Nipple’s more suspicious because he seemed willing to vote according to whim, or to his own flawed logic, and I truly do believe almost all of his play on Day 2 was either misguided or malicious. That doesn’t negate the fact that that Pilgrim’s LoS was pants (for reference, his LoS post is here and that his absence was detrimental to the game. But right now, it’s just the way the scales are tipping.

Up until the middle of Day 2, I had this the other way around, in that I thought Nipple was posting pretty solidly, logically and was making some good arguments (that whole quote war thing notwithstanding), whilst Pilgrim was posting more suspiciously.

Onto Day 3, following Xardob’s death. Again (unfortunately) Pilgrim (now Vieira) didn’t post nearly as much as Nipple. It gives me less to go on but I’ll try looking at as much as possible. Short points where I can

Nipplemelter said:
I'm not reluctant to "take the lead" on people (which I did on Avian, in case you forgot), but my preferred playstyle is generally not one of aggressive pursuit. There is more than one way of wolf hunting.

Nipple’s claim of not having an aggressive pursuit playing style kinda contradicts his earlier attempted lynch of Ativan (and the reasoning he aggressively pursued that either Ativan or Adaham has to be a wolf and that lynching one would give information about the other).

A little further on, I question Nipple about who he actually thinks IS innocent, since he seems to have made a case for lynching just about everybody. His response is:

Nipplemelter said:
I thought Sheep was a wolf, but then played with the idea that it was too obvious and changed my mind. I was willing to lynch either Avian or Adaham because I wasn't exactly sure of either one, but figured if one is a wolf, then the other would be innocent. I voted for Xardob to try and pressure him into actually doing something other than say "yeah, this guy is a wolf." I voted for Cado because I thought he was a wolf.

Point is, I am never 100% sure of everybody, so I like to keep an open mind so I don't get fixated on believing one scenario all game. I've even been playing with the idea that you are a wolf. Actually, come to think of it, the only person I never thought about as a wolf was Soot, but he could have possibly made it into that camp if he lived longer.

Again, most of this relates to Day 2, but contains more examples of Nipples’ flawed logic. Firstly, the whole “too obvious” thing. I’m struggling to see how Sheep’s guilt was “too obvious”.

Second, the belief that 1 of 2 players must be a wolf. There’s no actual reasoning behind this, other than Nipple not being sure of either one at the time. But he wasn’t sure about anybody. It could have been, “Ativan or Calodine” or “Adaham or Llandy”, because the only player Nipple never thought of as a wolf was Soot, who selfishly died the first night.

Slightly more telling is the fact that Nipple pushed for a vote on Ativan, who’d done basically nothing to warrant suspicion. As opposed to Adaham, who was making friendly overtures towards Xardob on Day 1, and then tried voting for himself on Day 2 (to no effect).

The reason the logic here is flawed is because there was absolutely no reason to believe that proving the innocence of either Ativan or Adaham would prove the guilt of the other. The guilt of one was never (AND STILL IS NOT) dependent on the innocence of the other.

Meanwhile, a little later on, Vieira pops up here. A couple of things to note.

Vieira said:
Calodine said:
......b]Given I thought Viera was gonna go for me, I'm not sure how likely that actually is.[/b]
Any particular reason? You stated yourself that I didn't drop any indication (I did once, actually, but I guess it wasn't clear when I said it, and I wasn't 100% sure at the time either so it doesn't really count) so what made you think I was going to drop a vote on you?

Here Vieira wonders why Cal though Vieira was going to lynch him. He mentioned that he dropped an indication (I checked back, it’s a very vague comment that could have meant anything at the time) that he would probably not be voting Cal. There’s nothing of real substance here, but it’s Vieira’s first meaningful interaction in Day 3 (his Day 2 posts were mostly after the lynch and almost entirely along the lines of agreeing with Ativan’s post which clearly demonstrated Sheep’s ****-up)

Vieira said:
Nipplemelter said:
At any rate, the death of Xardob is interesting. On one hand, if Adaham is a wolf, he might have thought that with the death of Sheep, today he would be put in a tough situation and that killing one of his supports would help his case in being innocent. On the other hand, it could just as easily be said that it was to frame him for the same reason. WIFOM, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill.

I'd be curious to hear which you believe is most likely to be true, and how likely you feel it to be true.

Vieira questions Nipple about his opinion. Again, nothing noteworthy except for the fact it’s one of the few fully coherent posts that Vieira made.

Vieira said:
Adaham said:
So the scenario I'm seeing as most likely right now is the following: Calodine is actually Sheep's packmate. The wolves thought Xardob was the seer and that by killing him, they might construct something out of Xardob's "hunch" regarding Pilgrim/Vieira. So instead of waiting for Vieira to gain trust within the group (by voting either of the two wolves), Nipple changed his vote in the last moment to gain the trust himself, while at the same time leaving the option open for going after Vieira today.

So Calodine and Nipple is my guess right now. I might be wrong about Nipple, though, and it could still be CW or Vieira instead. Still, I'm having trouble seeing a scenario in which Calodine is not a wolf.

While you made some pretty decent arguments, I can't say I'm overly convinced about Calodine being wolfish (hence my vote choice on Day 2). The actions during the night have certainly cast yourself in a bit of a suspicious light, but I can't say that I've felt you have played particularly suspiciously (from what I gathered from my read). Then again, I guess these views are from hindsight (maybe my gut would have said different had I been playing earlier).

I wouldn't disagree entirely with your suspicions though - I'm a little bit more suspicious of Nipples now. Though he has been playing rather erratically the entire game (from what I gather from my readings). I might have a look back and see if I can find anything particularly incriminating.

Here, Vieira responds to something Adaham said, and this is right around the time (or just before) Vieira’s posts started to make less and less sense (as in, I actually had trouble understanding what he was trying to say and just reading his posts). A couple of things which can be gathered here:

Vieira thinks Adaham made some good arguments but doesn’t particularly think Calodine is wolfish. At the same time, although he thinks the night actions (Xardob dying) casts suspicion on Adaham, he doesn’t think Adaham has played particularly suspiciously (at this point I have to wonder if Vieira has properly read Day 2).

So, despite feeling that the night actions have put Adaham in a more suspicious place, yet not believing Adaham has played particularly suspiciously, Vieira doesn’t entirely disagree with Adaham’s suspicions and is now in turn more suspicious of Nipple. The reason given being that Nipple’s been playing rather erratically (this, at least, seems to be an accurate statement at this stage and I have to agree with it).

Taken as a whole, this post comes across as something suspicious wedged between innocuous discussion. Other than his late vote, it’s the first concrete suspicious thing I’ve seen Vieira say since taking over Pilgrim.

Fast forward a little, some stuff that’s not overly relevant to this particular WoT, and Nipple posts a crude summary of the previous days here. The recap is useful and fairly accurate (despite Nipple putting his own interpretation on a couple of things -- but then, I’ve done the same in many of my posts as it’s hard to be entirely objective). The most interesting part of his post is his conclusions. These involve:

A brief, three-sentence paragraph on why Cal and Ativan are probably innocent.
A much lengthier speculation on my own status, particularly around my vote switch from Adaham to Sheep. Which I had explained about three times at this point, but Nipple clearly still thought it was suspicious.
Paragraph on how Nipple still believes Adaham is suspicious, but my own behaviour makes him feel torn. But Adaham’s a more likely suspect as there’s less guesswork involved in his posts than with mine.
Notes CW became fixated on Adaham, could see CW in any pack, but feels there are better people to lynch.
Indicates the differences between Pilgrim and Vieira (specifically that Pilgrim was reluctant to vote Sheep, but that it could be explained by Vieira trying to win brownie points, which Nipple was also accused of doing).

A little further on, and we have another Vieira post, this one of a decent enough length to pick a few things from.

First, Adaham asks Vieira to clarify why the night actions cast suspicion on Adaham, which Vieira does.

Vieira then goes on to explain how Xardob’s death is actually a good thing for Adaham (it prevents the village from becoming polarised against the only two players who didn’t vote Sheep). He also describes his increased suspicion of Nipple, due to a last minute switch, and suggested a hypothetical reason for his switch. The reason is one possibility, and seems to be an elaboration on one of Ativan’s points here.

Vieira then goes on to ask CW why she thought Xardob was spreading discord, as he (Vieira) felt trying to push the village into voting a certain way isn’t necessarily a bad thing if the village is lacking a leader. Given how much Xardob was following Adaham’s vote and co-ordinating his lynches (other than his push for Pilgrim on Day 2, which Adaham didn’t go with as he had Calodine in his sights at that time) I’m not sure I would have called what Xardob was doing ‘leadership.’ Vieira says that he doesn’t feel Xardob was promoting discord, which I suppose is relative. I do believe there was a bit of discord in Xardob’s arguments for his lynches, but it’s hard to judge them in detail because Xardob wasn’t big on giving in-depth reasons for his pushes.

After Vieira asks Nipple to explain his thoughts about Xardob’s lynch, Nipple says:

Nipplemelter said:
Vieira said:
I'd be curious to hear which you believe is most likely to be true, and how likely you feel it to be true.

No idea. There is also the chance a wolf killed Xardob to get rid of an Adaham supporter to pave the way for an easy Adaham vote today. Also the chance that he was lynched because of the possibility of being the seer. Not worth spending a lot of effort trying to figure it out when there are better things to look at.

Meanwhile, on Day 4…

Nipplemelter said:
Eh? I'm not exactly sure what looking at Soot's suspicions would do. Yeah, looking at what dead guys have said can be useful, but Xardob is different since his "hunch (or two)" statement could have been a subtle roleclaim (as discussed on Day 3), which would scare the wolves into lunging Xardob if he was correct.

So, it’s not worth spending the time looking at reasons for Xardob’s death immediately after it happened, but it is worth spending the time looking at reasons for Xardob’s death now, a whole game Day and Night later. Why’s that? Do you no longer feel that there are no better things to look at?

How about CW’s wrongful lynching? How about ALL of Ativan’s posts before he died? These things are IMMEDIATE and RELEVANT to the actual game right now. Dissecting reasons for Xardob’s death was IMMEDIATE and RELEVANT for the whole of Day 3, but for some reason you didn’t want to do that. BUT NOW YOU DO.

I am trying really, really, REALLY hard to be objective here, but you are contradicting yourself so goddamn much that I just don’t know what to think other than you’re maliciously trying to obfuscate, misdirect and deceive.

"Hang in" is a relative term. I was barely here, and my contributions yesterday didn't actually affect the game...

Nipplemelter said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
And the truly terrible thing is, that I do actually have an eight page googledocs file as a you vs. Nipple analysis :\

Meh, I think Magorian did more harm to himself than good, but Cado was being Mr. Grumpyhead.

Only if you don't know why I was doing them. It sure as hell was wolfish. But the point was just to force the issue. If I could speed along Cal's thoughts either way, he'd vote for Adaham sooner. I didn't care if he thought I was the other wolf, and nobody else mattered. Of course, he blazed ahead and voted before I could really make any case, but yeah... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom