[Werewolf] Crusade on Castle Mengelberg, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Llandy:

Uh, what is the issue with that quote? Call me a "confused villager potato," but he isn't totally contradicting what he said about Mag's Day 1 LoS. When Mag posted the LoS, it as indeed decent, although each of us had some kind of bone to pick with it. That being said, what I think Adaham is trying to get at is that coming in at such a time makes it easy to say "oh yeah, Sheep was bad" and whatnot, which gives it a biased feel even though a lot of the points made sense. And now when you factor in Mag's recent activity, the LoS can be seen in a different light than when it was first posted (as with any post), which I think justifies Adaham's harsher criticism of it here.

Cado, please don't place votes now. Wait until Llandy and Magorian post ****. Please unvote.

Calodine said:
I went with him because I've spent basically this whole game second guessing myself.

What? All game you've either been on Sheep or Adaham. I'd only call your vote on CW "second guessing," but you explained why you made the switch and were fine with it. I find this odd.

Nipplemelter said:
If PilgriMagorian was the seer and scanned me last night and found I was a wolf (in the alternative universe where that game is happening), then he would have (or should have) claimed it by now to make things easier. But he didn't. For what it is worth (if you want to believe me), I am just a standard innocent, which means the remaining innocents would have to be the two specials for there to be any.
If you've read my post you'll know it's not the most likely scenario in my view, but in my +/- statistic I wanted to consider the positive as well as negative aspects. It is a possibility I wanted to consider, as it's the only one I can see as a redeeming feature for Magorian after his irresponsible vote.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Hahaha, I was going to wait until weekend before responding to your post Adaham, but this bit in particular made me laugh.
Man, I never knew I was so funny to everybody. This whole game I'm making people laugh, and I don't even know why. I really hope this will change in the next game, as this is frustrating. I don't think you'd be happy if I just laughed at one of your WoT's. Not to mention that I don't see any proper counter-argument, nor do I see what's supposedly funny about my point.

Adaham said:
Then came Magorian and - oh boy - is he acting strange. The only thing of note he's delivered so far is a somewhat biased recap of day 1, in which he took the convenient position of joining the choir of "Sheep was as obvious as it gets"-people. The whole summary felt rather biased in a way, that he immediately put me on the first spot of suspects.

Were you basically lying your ass off when you said this?
Look, if you want to just make fun of what I say (and not consider the rest of the paragraph in which I explain my statement), then just say so in a straightforward way. I can then vote Magorian and if you want you can vote me and I'm pretty sure that some wolves will be happy to bomb-vote the game to an end. More than once I have now tried to be calm and not emotional about things, but every time I make a calm and collected post, I get people laughing at me and ridiculing it, instead of talking to me on eye-level. If I'm just the clown for you guys, tell me and I'll just vote who I want without further explanation. Here's the devil's circle I'm in: people started suspecting me first because I'm experienced. Then they didn't trust my arguments. Then they started laughing at me. Then I get fed up, then people tell me I'm whiny. Then I collect myself and try to post logical things again, and people ignore or ridicule them again. I get fed up again, people tell me I'm whiny. So the next step in this is probably that somebody tells me I'm whiny again.

Strangely enough, I didn't think Master debater Magorian would need you to defend him. Of all things you choose to ridicule the bit that I posted about Magorian. On one hand you say that you'll treat him in a separate post that'll come later, on the other hand you already now feel you have to come to his defense. Tell me why? What good has he done? Or are you just so enamoured because he voted me yesterday? Are you sure you really aren't just judging people by how much they agree with you?

Adaham said:
@ Magorian: Like Llandy, I do agree with everything you said, except for the things you said about me. But all the other stuff is really good  :wink:

Noteworthy at the time because you actually agreed with me on something. Noteworthy now because it's exactly the opposite of what you said.

Noteworthy because I thought the :wink: at the end of my post made it clear I was being ironical. I didn't agree with you back then, I found it funny how you cherry-picked the bits you liked (mostly the bits against me) and corrected him on everything about you. So I did the same thing, just that I didn't really find his whole LoS all that great. And probably he himself will also say that it was only a first part of something more that never came. In the end, are we now handing out medals to replacements that come in late and make so-so summaries of the first day?

I'll respond to the rest of your post at weekend.

The reason I haven't addressed much in the way of Magorian's posts yet is because I'm saving it for my impending Nipple/Magorian WoT.
And yet you found it important enough to interrupt your work on your own WoT to defend Magorian by ridiculing what I wrote about him. I'm now fully expecting that you'll shred Magorian in your impending WoT...

---

Okay, in the meanwhile three other people have posted, too. And Calodine is also pissy as hell at me again. Seriously. I made one post today. I didn't insult anybody. I tried to be as calm and collected as possible. But when I mention that I still think Calodine is suspicious, he tells me I'm "getting all pissy about it as a defence". And that was before I actually posted the above reply to Llandy. So whatever I do, I'm the jerk. And whiny. And blaming others for it. And poor you guys, for having to put up with me. Let's finish this...

@Llandy:

Since Cal has voted me already, would you be willing to vote me as well now? I'll join you and you can celebrate having caught your second wolf. I'm tired of this.

@Cado:

And seriously, I think it would be better to lynch either Magorian or myself. While Adaham could still be a wolf, we know that either Mag or myself has to be a wolf because there has been no bomb vote yet.

Calodine said:
vote: Adaham

YOU STOLE MY THING! :sad:

Not that I disagree with your vote. Your response was pretty much how I felt after seeing everyone go for CW during the previous day. I'm still going to post my WoT (when it's finished) comparing Magorian and Nipple, though.

Nipplemelter said:
Wait until Llandy and Magorian post ****. Please unvote.

Hmm. That sounds kinda familiar. Now where have I heard that before?

Oh yes. When I was asking you to remove your vote from Ativan until ejnomad had given Sheep and Pilgrim a poke.

I hope Cal gives you the same response you gave me.

Adaham said:
Since Cal has voted me already, would you be willing to vote me as well now? I'll join you and you can celebrate having caught your second wolf. I'm tired of this.

I'm more than willing to vote you. I'd be delighted to. But what would that achieve? You've already proven you're willing to vote for yourself to spite the village, and I won't have you ending this day early and thwarting my attempts to discern your packmate. I've spent two hours already working on my Nipple vs. Magorian stuff, and dammit, I'm going to finish that off and find out who your packmate is and THEN I will lynch you.

Nipplemelter said:
Please, Avian was not in danger of being lynched at the time and we weren't in a lynch or lose situation.

I didn't know that, though. To me, it seemed like all that had to happen was Xardob following the vote, and then Sheep and Pilgrim bandwaggoning. Danger felt real, I reacted, you wouldn't listen to me, and I find it deliciously karmariffic that you're asking Cal the same thing I asked you back then.

You're wasting your energy Nipple. There's some people out there who are wolves, and some who obviously get high blood pressure if they read a single line from me. I've been asking for people to think a bit further, to just consider something, but all I'm getting is laughter and pissed off replies. Pointless, utterly pointless...

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Calodine said:
vote: Adaham

YOU STOLE MY THING! :sad:

Not that I disagree with your vote. Your response was pretty much how I felt after seeing everyone go for CW during the previous day. I'm still going to post my WoT (when it's finished) comparing Magorian and Nipple, though.

Nipplemelter said:
Wait until Llandy and Magorian post ****. Please unvote.

Hmm. That sounds kinda familiar. Now where have I heard that before?

Oh yes. When I was asking you to remove your vote from Ativan until ejnomad had given Sheep and Pilgrim a poke.

I hope Cal gives you the same response you gave me.

Now you're reveling in your impending victory. You gave yourself away.

BTW, the comparison to the Ativan situation is very different. We're at a lynch-or-lose right now. If you're an innocent, your pride is seriously hampering your judgement right now. But as I said, I'm pretty sure you gave yourself away right now.

So Magorian and Llandy it is. Calodine probably just hates me or something. Or could be any of them. To be honest, I might have played bad this game, but the innocents that have been howling with the wolves as of late are even worse.

Adaham said:

No, I am just very petty at times. Seeing Nipple plead with someone to do the same thing I pleaded with him to do just gives me some good feels. This has nothing to do with anything other than my own personal enjoyment of irony  :mrgreen:

BTW, the comparison to the Ativan situation is very different. We're at a lynch-or-lose right now. If you're an innocent, your pride is seriously hampering your judgement right now. But as I said, I'm pretty sure you gave yourself away right now.

And like *I* said, I thought there really was a danger of Ativan being lynched back on Day 2. I don't care if you don't believe me. I don't need you to believe me. I'm not in the habit of asking people to withdraw votes from those I feel are wolves. Nipple generally gave me a big fat no back then, I'd be happy to see him have a taste of his own medicine.

Like I said, I'm petty.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to waste the 2 hours I already spent analysing Nipple + Mag just to vote you now. I'll vote you later... I promise!

If the wolves decided to pop in and bomb vote Avian on Day 2, they'd be terribly dumb because that would involve revealing themselves. There really was no immediate danger. And seriously, how can you not be critical of Mag's or Cado's votes in a situation WHERE THE GAME COULD BE DECIDED, UNLIKE DAY 2?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Adaham said:

I'm more than willing to vote you. I'd be delighted to. But what would that achieve? You've already proven you're willing to vote for yourself to spite the village, and I won't have you ending this day early and thwarting my attempts to discern your packmate. I've spent two hours already working on my Nipple vs. Magorian stuff, and dammit, I'm going to finish that off and find out who your packmate is and THEN I will lynch you.
Come on, leave your Napoleonic phantasies out of this. Us ending this day early doesn't make this any harder for you to figure stuff out. If I turn out to be a wolf (which you know I won't), you'll be three guys left tomorrow and you'll have even one less person to think about. It'll be even easier to figure out tomorrow. You'll find out jack**** today. Seriously, you're not losing anything by lynching me now. You have plenty of days to figure out one remaining wolf and today is not going to give you any more information that you have already. If you really want to show off that you can make up a big case against an innocent, leave it...we believe you can. You're the forum storyteller, of course you can. You can even write it later and post it, it's not gonna change anything. Besides that, what else are you gonna come up with than Nipple being my packie? If Cal is your actual packmate, you might enjoy the challenge of coming up with a way of making Magorian and me packies, but most likely it's gonna be Nipple.

So come on, be a big girl and vote me. Tomorrow the new game is starting, let's make it a clean cut.

Nipplemelter said:
Please, Avian was not in danger of being lynched at the time and we weren't in a lynch or lose situation.

I didn't know that, though. To me, it seemed like all that had to happen was Xardob following the vote, and then Sheep and Pilgrim bandwaggoning. Danger felt real, I reacted, you wouldn't listen to me, and I find it deliciously karmariffic that you're asking Cal the same thing I asked you back then.
[/quote]
So your whole defense is "I didn't know that"???? Yet you still use your ignorance as a means of accusation against Nipple when he's trying to save us from a lynch-or-lose??? So you're saying you're basically not paying attention, but you're damn sure about me and it felt deliciously karmariffic that somebody used a similar phrase like you and had actually a reason to do so???

HELLOOOOOOO????? ANYBODY AT HOME?????????

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Adaham said:

No, I am just very petty at times. Seeing Nipple plead with someone to do the same thing I pleaded with him to do just gives me some good feels. This has nothing to do with anything other than my own personal enjoyment of irony  :mrgreen:

Irony, isn't that the thing you didn't realize in one of my posts just 20 minutes ago?

Okay, since this is all pointless, I'll give it a go and hope Calodine is not a wolf and can look past his personal stuff against me.

vote: Magorian

---

@Nipple: Forget it, she said she's petty...that explains and justifies it all.

But when I mention that I still think Calodine is suspicious, he tells me I'm "getting all pissy about it as a defence"

Noooo...

So whatever I do, I'm the jerk. And whiny. And blaming others for it. And poor you guys, for having to put up with me. Let's finish this...

You're wasting your energy Nipple. There's some people out there who are wolves, and some who obviously get high blood pressure if they read a single line from me. I've been asking for people to think a bit further, to just consider something, but all I'm getting is laughter and pissed off replies. Pointless, utterly pointless...

So Magorian and Llandy it is. Calodine probably just hates me or something. Or could be any of them. To be honest, I might have played bad this game, but the innocents that have been howling with the wolves as of late are even worse.

THIS is why. When people started voting for you on day 2, you did this. And it worked. And when people started pointing your way on day 3, you did this. And it worked. Again. And now more than just Llandy have said they're definitely lynching you today, it happens AGAIN.

The last two times, I've sympathised and wound up looking elsewhere. Today I'm going to gamble that I've been right this whole time. Maybe you're actually genuinely annoyed at how people have been treating what you say this game, and I'm wrong. In that case, welcome to the goddamn club. But you've been looking bad since day 2. I've wanted you lynched since day 2. And every time you do this and I feel bad and start doubting it. Nope, not again.

But thanks for validating this and saving me the trouble of going back and digging up quotes.

You've been acting scummy all game and twisting it after the fact to make people look bad.

Because this is only happening because you said mean things to me, and totally not that you've been wolfy as all hell since day 2. Totally. Only reason anyone could vote for poor old you is because of a personal offence.

Adaham said:
So come on, be a big girl and vote me. Tomorrow the new game is starting, let's make it a clean cut.

Myeah, see, patronising me isn't going to cause me to become angry and lynch you. It does make me feel that you're stooping to new lows to try and save yourself, though.

Adaham said:
You're the forum storyteller, of course you can.

Actually, that relates to the reciting of the book, Orcs, over Ventrilo, not to my ability to make up stories.

But it's okay, you weren't to know that, and it was a nice attempt to further aggravate me.

You may claim we've nothing left to lose by lynching you now, but I beg to differ. I'm still going over Day 3 in the hopes of gleaning additional information, and I'd rather lynch you with a clear idea of where I'm going next, than to be groping in the dark straight into Day 5.

@Cado:

I know I am going to sound like Llandy, but at least take off your vote. You trusted Avian and I on CW and it didn't work out, so I know that you probably cannot trust me, but you believe Xardob was lynched for possibly being the seer, right? Who did he suspect? Pilgrim. Look back at things he said, and look at how ****ing off Magorian is playing. It is right in front of you.

@ Cal:

Have you ever noticed, that people accused Sheep of "quote mining", yet here you guys are doing this to me. First Llandy taking the beginning of my paragraph against Magorian and making it a laughing matter by erasing half of the quote. The fact she didn't recognize the irony in my posting from day 3 re: Magorian's LoS puts her actually in exactly the same league as Sheep, but that is gladly overlooked (even though the irony might have been slightly harder to spot in my posting, I admit that).

And now you come in and quote bits and pieces of me that I have posted as a reaction to the - in my view - disproportionate reactions of you and Llandy to my original posting today. All these "examples" of my whiny behavior are reactions to your completely disproportionate way of dealing with my initial posting. I made an effort, Llandy laughs about it and you say I'm gonna ****ing die today. AFTER THAT I posted all these things. Then you come and justify your initial reaction to my posting with postings that I made AFTERWARDS.

Try to make at least a bit of an effort to get your facts straight.

Nipplemelter said:
Pffft, Llandy, we all know you can make up stories.  :razz:

If you're referring to the time I mentioned in The Hobbit thread that I was flying out to New Zealand tobe an extra in the first film, then you should know that it actually happened but my scenes were cut for time :sad:

Damn film editors.

Back
Top Bottom