[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Innocents Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jhessail said:
Can you do the same on Princess Bride too?
Regendur is the co-mod of the Princess Bride, but he doesn´t have the night choices to update. (maybe an idea that all night people send their actions again to Regendur so he can take over hosting in the meanwhile?)

Starting to be a bit worried about Ejnomad, hope he´s well. At the same time I´m really glad that there´s some movement.

Yeah, this is getting just a tiny bit bad - hopefully he is just busy with RL and stuff, instead of getting run-over by a truck or anything bad!

ARTHUR:  Old woman!
  DUDRO:  Man!
  ARTHUR: Old Man, sorry.  What knight live in that castle over there?
  DUDRO:  I'm thirty seven.
  ARTHUR:  What?
  DUDRO:  I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old!
  ARTHUR:  Well, I can't just call you `Man'.
  DUDRO:  Well, you could say `Dudro'.
  ARTHUR:  Well, I didn't know you were called `Dudro.'
  DUDRO:  Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
  ARTHUR:  I did say sorry about the `old woman,' but from the behind
      you looked--
  DUDRO:  What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior!
  ARTHUR:  Well, I AM king...
  DUDRO:  Oh king, eh, very nice.  An' how'd you get that, eh?  By
      exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma
      which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society!
      If there's ever going to be any progress--
  WOMAN:  Dudro, there's some lovely filth down here.  Oh -- how d'you do?
  ARTHUR:  How do you do, good lady.  I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
      Who's castle is that?
  WOMAN:  King of the who?
  ARTHUR:  The Britons.
  WOMAN:  Who are the Britons?
  ARTHUR:  Well, we all are. we're all Britons and I am your king.
  WOMAN:  I didn't know we had a king.  I thought we were an autonomous
      collective.
  DUDRO:  You're fooling yourself.  We're living in a dictatorship.
      A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
  WOMAN:  Oh there you go, bringing class into it again.
  DUDRO:  That's what it's all about if only people would--
  ARTHUR:  Please, please good people.  I am in haste.  Who lives
      in that castle?
  WOMAN:  No one live there.
  ARTHUR:  Then who is your lord?
  WOMAN:  We don't have a lord.
  ARTHUR:  What?
  DUDRO:  I told you.  We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune.  We take
      it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.
  ARTHUR:  Yes.
  DUDRO:  But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
      at a special biweekly meeting.
  ARTHUR:  Yes, I see.
  DUDRO:  By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--
  ARTHUR:  Be quiet!
  DUDRO:  --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--
  ARTHUR:  Be quiet!  I order you to be quiet!
  WOMAN:  Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
  ARTHUR:  I am your king!
  WOMAN:  Well, I didn't vote for you.
  ARTHUR:  You don't vote for kings.
  WOMAN:  Well, 'ow did you become king then?
  ARTHUR:  The Lady of the Lake,
      [angels sing]
      her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur
      from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I,
      Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
      [singing stops]
      That is why I am your king!
  DUDRO:  Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
      is no basis for a system of government.  Supreme executive power
      derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical
      aquatic ceremony.
  ARTHUR:  Be quiet!
  DUDRO:  Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power
      just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
  ARTHUR:  Shut up!
  DUDRO:  I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just
      because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd
      put me away!
  ARTHUR:  Shut up!  Will you shut up!
  DUDRO:  Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
  ARTHUR:  Shut up!
  DUDRO:  Oh!  Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
      HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
  ARTHUR:  Bloody peasant!
  DUDRO:  Oh, what a give away.  Did you here that, did you here that,
      eh?  That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me,
      you saw it didn't you?

Dudro was oppressed to death. He was Dennis, who scolds King Arthur for treating him as an inferior.

Innocents win! Good game everyone! I hope you had fun.

Should ejnomad want to add his own narration upon his return, I'll edit mine out.

I am eagerly awaiting Calodine to come in and praise my gut  :mrgreen:

Oh, and I loved how he squeeled here:

Dudro said:
Adaham never had any idea.  He reasoning to himself about why I was a bad always seemed a little silly to me.  I'll look it all up here in a bit.

I was spot on about Xardob, Okin and Dudro. I wasn´t quite sure about AWdeV in the end, but I was perfectly right calling him out for a distancing vote on Xardob and trying to incriminate me for claiming the prize of Xardobs lynch.

On a sidenote: I PMed Frisian about this and he gave me his okay. As we´re still depending on Ejnomads return for the other game to continue, and since this one is over, meaning there´s plenty of unoccupied players, I was planning to host a small and quick game (7 players) to keep those waiting entertained. Considering it´s been two weeks since anybody has played any WW here on this forum, I think a small interlude could keep the WW spirit alive until everything´s back to normal. And since we had two rather large games running parallel, it shouldn´t be a problem to have a small one running next to what´s left of the Princess Bride. FrisianDude is still next in line for a big game. I´ll post a sign-up thread later.

I vsaw Dennis and thought we'd lost ;_;

My somewhat useless magic and your somewhat dead gut make one hell of a team :3

That´s the whole point of playing as an innocent, playing as a team...isn´t it?  :wink:

Thanks to everybody out there for playing, it was fun. I realized for myself that coming it at a later stage can be considerably easier, especially when reading up stuff where I haven´t been involved myself. Most of my suspicions were formed before I actually joined the game, only by reading up the last 10 pages of the game before my entry.

Congratz Village :grin: It was great fun :smile:

ps:
****ing told ya Calodine :razz: (That okiN was evil and you were just decieved by him)
Don't lynch me when my primary suspect (okiN) is away for most of the day so I couldn't defend. xD
(And I was absent on some days as well - If you guys were really onto lynching me I would have just roleclaimed and said that okiN is probably the black knight because my attack failed on him)

Heh, the whole time until Adaham stepped in I was wondering just what the hell were all you guys doing, ignoring all the extremely suspicious villains... Well, at least I could Adaham a bit with getting them lynched, before I got killed...

Nah, good job for the last days. :razz:

Yeah, that´s real innocent-style WW-playing. Sacrificing yourself for the greater good of the village.  :wink:

Ejnomad told me more than once to be more careful with tipping off villains with firing at everybody I suspect, but in the end it pays off! I rather name the villains and die for it (leaving the village with stuff to work with), than keeping my ideas for myself and dying anyway.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I died because I happened to be quite sure that okiN was a villain and point towards that. I guess I should have used my ability to protect myself instead of Calo since I really didn't believe he'd get attacked anyways... :razz:

In the end that´s always speculation, but it seemed pretty obvious at some point that the villains were leaving Calodine out there to discredit his claim (as has happened before in vague roleclaim-situations). When you died the night after we lynched Xardob, I knew I was next in line. Like I said during the game, the villains were trying to eliminate the vocal threats while hoping that the village would start doubting the claim of Calodine.

While Xardob and Okin were pretty quickly dead meat, I think AWdeV and Dudro shoveled their own grave. AWdeV did so by attacking me (which was pretty ridiculous at that stage) and Dudro for lurking after I accused him and resurfacing after I was out of the way. That was pretty obvious villain-behaviour.

Nevertheless, it was a close call.

Edit: Sign-up for the small game is up:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145402.0.html

For those curious, I was the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. In short, whoever finalised the vote on me for a lynch or killed me at night would have been smitten with aplomb.

Fair call Folth, I was pretty sure you'd just switched your allegiance but kept the description similar. :razz:

I was hoping that if we failed to kill the necessary baddy, they might attack me, leading to wipeout. Even then, if they killed Calo it would be them against me, which ends in a draw. :3

Adaham said:
In the end that´s always speculation, but it seemed pretty obvious at some point that the villains were leaving Calodine out there to discredit his claim (as has happened before in vague roleclaim-situations).
I was actually playing for time. The plan was to force a lynch or lose situation and then go for Cal. I should've realized that as soon Cal's ability became the center of attention, the issue should be resolved as quickly as possible.

While Xardob and Okin were pretty quickly dead meat
Tell me about it. I was quietly waiting for the deadline to kick in, and you got me completely by surprise. The only card left was playing the uninterested villager (which wasn't entirely false either), but I didn't expect it to work, nor did I care very much at that point, to be honest.

Well, first off, Calodine and Okin were on my radar when reading the up on the early days. Both had a big say in the lynches of innocents, and both were pushing for agendas. After Calodines claim, there was a little doubt left in me about his honesty (considering it could have been a lynch or lose), that´s why I decided to go with you instead. Playing the uninterested villager doesn´t suit you, mainly because it´s not your nature. Granted, you might have been really uninterested, but the way you seemed to keep pushing the image of you being an uninterested villager was what tipped me off. You were maybe uninterested, but interested enough to care how you came across. Maybe not so much anymore after I joined, but what I read earlier on was telling to me.

Of course I didn´t have any proof, it was a gut feeling after all, but a very strong one.

After you turned out bad and the next day started, there was little reason for me left to doubt Calodines claim (which made Okin the obvious next choice for a lynch). In at least 9 out of 10 cases, claims are not made up and if they are, they usually don´t hold up as the game continues. As I didn´t see anything that contradicted Cal´s claim, it was safe to assume his claim was right. In the end, doubting of claims leads to confusion and that´s something villains like (you know I did it in the Allstars), that way they get the innocents to lynch their own specials...a win-win for the villains.

Hope you can recharge your batteries soon and join my Return to Castle Mengelberg when time comes  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom