[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Caravan of Slaughter

Users who are viewing this thread

James

Grandmaster Knight
Current vote Count:

The year is 1358. A caravan set out from Manchester with a cargo of meats and grains to London, with a small allotment of the wagons' space going to the precious, and well-hidden, cargo of jewelry and gold ornaments. This caravan set out with twenty-two men just before the full moon. Now, although the precious cargo was thought to be known about only by the caravan master and his first-hand man, it turned out that someone else found out about it, and upon checking on it, the caravan master noticed that part of the cargo had gone missing. He figured since it wasn't him, and it couldn't be his man, it must have been one of the 18 other men in the party. However, he couldn't truly rule out his man without biasing the results. So that evening he searched the personal belongings of some of his top suspects and found a few rings and a golden chalice in the bedroll of one of the first men he had hired. He decided the robber would have to be executed, because keeping him prisoner would only cause more problems amongst the party. He ordered his man to tie the thief to a post and slit his throat. The thief was brought, struggling hard, to the post, and tied hand and foot. The man drew his blade and prepared to slit the thief's throat, but before he could make the final stroke, the thief ripped his right hand from its bonds, and swiped the now-growing claws across the man's face. In his agony, however, his arm spasmed, thrusting the knife into the thief, now werewolf's, throat, wounding him enough that the caravan master could draw his falchion and hack off the wolf's head.
The caravan master realized the danger of the situation immediately, and dismissed the rest of the party to supper, taking it upon himself to search for evidence of more werewolves, but he found nothing. The party went to sleep, the caravan master uneasy, and sleeping little. The next morning, having heard suspicious sounds throughout the night, and smelling an acidic scent close to dawn, the caravan master searched the area before anyone else awoke. The first thing he noticed was the blood across the tent flaps of two of his best men. Upon careful examination of the surrounding earth, he discovered the tracks of no less than six werewolves. He deduced that they were in two separate packs, because at one point, the pawprints converged, there were signs of a scuffle, and then three sets of paws led off in different directions.
After the party woke, the caravan master explained the situation to them. Luckily, he had hired two naturalists and a seer without knowing it, and they prepared themselves for the upcoming battle. Another of the party was a trained soldier, and he decided he would take it upon himself to hunt the wolves during the night.

Rules:
  • There are two packs of wolves of three each. Assuming they have three members alive, they may each night submit a sure target, and a secondary target. The first will be attacked for sure, and the second will be attacked at a 50% chance. If a pack has two or one members alive, the will kill one target.
  • Each attacked person has an 80% chance of dying, 10% chance of living, and 10% chance of becoming a wolf of the attacking pack.
  • The wolves may not talk to each other except at night by PM, email, IM, etc., and may only tack to their own pack.
  • The naturalists do not know each other, and may protect one person per night; if they protect the same person two nights in a row, that person will die of wolfsbane poisoning. They may protect themselves.
  • There is a seer. He may check the role of another player each night.
  • There is a vigilante. He may kill one person each night
  • There are two twins. Each night, one of them may hide in the tent of the other.
  • There is a truth serum. It may be used once, by majority vote, to reveal the role of one person during the day.
  • During the day, one person will be lynched by majority vote (half, rounded up). Also, the party may choose not to lynch anyone.

Players:

Adaham (Caravan Master)
Suckup McBrownnose (Wheelwright) Innocent: lynched day one.
dagorkan (Smith) Naturalist: lynched day two.
EasyCo506 (Hunter)
Hidrogeno (Cook) Seer: killed by Remus pack night two.
Knight of Cydonia (Cripple) Innocent: killed by Remus pack night two.
Lamjoe (Guard)
Miclee (Tailor) Wolf: killed by vigilante night one.
Nethros (Pilgrim) Innocent: killed by Romulus pack night two.
Oubliette (Physician) Twin: killed by Remus pack night one.
Seff (Tracker)
Tarrantmw (Cobbler)
Thus Spake Nosferatu (Archer)
Trooper5445 (Swordsman)
Velmu (Saddler)
Vilhjalmr (Guard) Naturalist: killed by vigilante night two.
Vulkan (Clerk)
Xardob (Spearman)

(Note: these roles have nothing to do with what they actually might be.)

Timeline:
11-10-07 The caravan is stricken with the first suspicions of wolves in their midst.
- Vote count #1
- Vote count #2
11-11-07 The caravan starts to wake up. Some people sleep longer than others.
- Vote count #3
11-12-07 The caravan starts to point fingers.
- Vote count #4
- Vote count #5
11-13-07 The caravan continues to argue, without anything noticeable happening.
- Vote Count #6
- Vote count #7
11-14-07 The caravan falls silent.
- Vote count #8
- Vote count #9
- Vote count #10
The caravan bursts into action, throwing blame in every direction.
- Vote count #11
- *Bugman is lynched
11-15-07 Night falls.
- Miclee and Oubliette are killed during the night.
The caravan starts shouting accusations.
- Vote count #12
- Vote count #13
11-16-07 The caravan suddenly quiets down.
- Vote count #14
11-17-07 I finally get around to counting votes.
- Vote count #15
11-18-07 I got Dagorkan killed.
- Vote count #16
- Vilhjalmr, KoC, Hidrogeno and Nethros killed during the night.
11-19-07 The day dawns dark.
- Vote count #17
- Vote count #18
11-20-07 The caravan votes on.
- Vote count #19[url]
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28692.msg741519.html#msg741519

Just to be safe:

Bugman, are you the vigilante? If so, make sure you kill the wolves this time.  :lol:

But seriously, nice intro, and I hope for a very fun game.

EasyCo506 said:
Just to be safe:

Bugman, are you the vigilante? If so, make sure you kill the wolves this time.  :lol:

Heh.

EasyCo506 said:
Just to be safe:

Ok, a deal. If half the village is wiped out by the Vig, kill me.

Like the setting James. Don't suppose we could each get background occupations or whatever like we did in the last game? Just thought it was a nice touch, and good for the narrative.

I took a look at the other sign-up thread, bugman let out a howl, though probably in jest.

Miclee seemed very happy about his role, what ever it is. I wonder why?

EasyCo506 said:
I took a look at the other sign-up thread, bugman let out a howl, though probably in jest.

Miclee seemed very happy about his role, what ever it is. I wonder why?

Yes, of course in jest. I may wipe out villages by mself but I'm not overly stupid.

Miclee did give the impression he was happy with his role, so I shall be guessing he is a special. He wouldn't have been so happy with an innocent, and as fun being a wolf is, he wouldn't attract notice if he was.

Oubliette said:
Like the setting James. Don't suppose we could each get background occupations or whatever like we did in the last game? Just thought it was a nice touch, and good for the narrative.

I meant to. Hold on.

Looks good. I like the fact that we are in tents, goes well with the fact that the wolves can possibly kill more than once a night. Possibly five deaths the a night sounds quite high though, I hope its not over balanced.

Bugman's howl reminded me of his "I'm a wolf" from last game, but I'm not going to use that against him. His last post makes me think he's innocent. Right now, Miclee sounds shifty because of his enthusiasm for his role. Either that or I find his avatar really annoying. It's hard not to suspect everybody because a third of the players are wolves! Guh!

Ooo, I like the concept of the vigilante who's able to kill (hopefully a wolf) every night. I just hope that James didn't give the role to a 'tard.

WOOHOO! I'm the cook! Y'all are going to be vegetarians until this **** boils over.

Villy and Dagorkan have the same, stark first-posts. Interesting.

What do you want me to say? Setting is interesting but doesn't make 100% sense - if we're travelling through England we're not exactly isolated, people could run away or get help.

Also, can we get the thread stickied?

Let me clarify: you're traveling through the forest, there are no nearby villages, and obviously you aren't going to travel as much when you have to argue most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom