[Werewolf] – The Necromancer's Tower – Vengeful Spirits Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to see that I wasn't entirely of base about Adaham not being an innocent. Speaking of which, I feel like Adaham and I can't trust each other since I killed him first night my first game  :ohdear:

Adaham said:
Also, thanks, wolves, for keeping me alive this time. I had actually fun trying to figure you out.
It's always more satisfying to win over you when you're alive to fight back.  :iamamoron:

Though I never suspected you weren't innocent. You did a very good job wolf hunting this time. You were also correct about that big post of mine on day two being weird, it was purposely so. I was extremely annoyed with my own performance up to that point and decided to do what I do best, create some chaos. I was expecting to get lynched that day so I used that post to set up several WIFOM paths for anyone trying to look back at my posts. I'm a little upset all that work come to nothing. I was even planning to claim wolf after I died and say my dead power was to corrupt one special action each night.

Also, village, two more things I forgot to say earlier: first, don't discuss special actions so openly like that, you're just giving more information to the wolves. As soon as we saw that Moose wasn't going to be protected in the last night, we relaxed and knew we'd won (we could be wrong, but only because there was a third party). Second, don't hammer yourself when you're innocent. There's a big difference between being one vote away from being lynched and being lynched. There's plenty of opportunity to fight back and lynch someone else, and even if there isn't, that last vote on you is valuable information to the village.

I know Moose is gonna come in and shout "I knew it all along" any moment now, but nevertheless, as a violet guy you pretty much play the game as an innocent. The only thing clouding my judgement was, that I wasn't sure whether we were dealing with 2 or 3 red ones, as I knew that there was a third party as well. Now if you see the final result of the game, without beating my own drum too hard, I think it's fair to say that at least towards the end the violet guy was the blue guys best bet at preventing a red win.

As to not trusting you...I wouldn't know why you can't trust me after killing me in your first game, but as to the other side...I think my suspicion of you became gradually less, and while I did hammer you on day 2, my preferred target was already back then Hamlet or even Xardob. Still, I liked the way we went about it...friendly jousting, as it should be, not getting personal, good fun!  :party:

Xardob said:
It's always more satisfying to win over you when you're alive to fight back.  :iamamoron:
At least I lost to you, but yeah, there were plenty of muffled WHY screams in my head over the past 24 game hours  :iamamoron:

Also see here for my thread with Brutus after I converted him:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/n4833mc2vM3

Xardob said:
I have some interesting thoughts to share about the lynch yesterday, which I'm going to do later today. No time now, sorry. Meanwhile, I think the old man might be 2 out of 3 on his LoS. So follow him, I guess.
Just gonna leave that here, for future generations to learn :dead:

[quote author=Adaham]Let's see whether Arch3r confirms the Curio scan. If that is the case, we won't be able to push for Xardob. But if it's unsure, then Xardob must die tomorrow regardless. His comments at the end of the day were too damning. Even the daftest members of team blue must see it now.[/quote] :lol:

I practically confessed after Dago's lynch and still survived the night. I think the only thing I left out was the nom, nom, nom. Luckily Dago self voted and it wasn't as satisfying, or I would do it.

GRogt.png

And hey, I finally could enjoy winning for once :wink: But I do hope to be innocent in the next game, my belly is already full with villagers.

Adaham beinbg a third Party is interesting, did not see that coming at all. What were his victory conditions?

Loved the narration and the game setting, SootShade, the last part of the story expecially. I did remove the idea of the possibility of a  three faction game on day one. More info could have been handy.

As Xardob stated longer hiatus between games are probably handy. Yet I would like to know how he would have handled the last night, keeping in mind the lack of activity of many dead players. At the end I really felt forced to openly reveal our plans, I searched another possible way, but I couldn't find it.

The lack of night talk was unexpected. Hawk's decision was  :facepalm:, I would have pressured him a bit more to have him kill Curio, but that would have made me look scummyer and I was ready to bet on Moose! being a baddie. Why did you(Moose!) befriended your main suspect?

Lastly, last game self vote was way way funnier. The only time I felt very interested during this game was when I survived not being lynched for 2 real-life days as an innocent. Something that caused my later downfall. Adaham was probably the one player really into this game, his dedication was remarkable and almost turned on mine. Oh, well I will probably host the next game once I come back from my holidays in Puglia, so after the 10th of August, if players will stay around.

Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio said:
Adaham beinbg a third Party is interesting, did not see that coming at all. What were his victory conditions?
Be m0ar than anybody else (incl. my minions)

Dago Wolfrider said:
As Xardob stated longer hiatus between games are probably handy. Yet I would like to know how he would have handled the last night, keeping in mind the lack of activity of many dead players. At the end I really felt forced to openly reveal our plans, I searched another possible way, but I couldn't find it.
I agree that some coordination was needed at that point, even if it played in the wolves hands. As in many instances this game, the solution lies in more activity earlier in the game. In the end it was too little, too late.

God, I still can't get over it, that you let Hawk just kill Moose  :facepalm:

The lack of night talk was unexpected. Hawk's decision was  :facepalm:, I would have pressured him a bit more to have him kill Curio, but that would have made me look scummyer and I was ready to bet on Moose! being a baddie. Why did you(Moose!) befriended your main suspect?
Looking scummier at lylo (even past lylo) should be the least of your concerns. I also wasn't under the impression that anybody thought you could have been guilty once you were dead.

Generally speaking I found a lack of reading going on...not only did Arch3rs claims go past as if it was just another opinion, but also Xardobs quasi-claim at the end should have made it clear, that no villain was lynched.

Curio and Xardob were just so much better targets, and all you needed to do to see that was read like the last page of the last day and pay attention to what your seer says. Like seriously, why.... :facepalm:

Adaham was probably the one player really into this game, his dedication was remarkable and almost turned on mine. Oh, well I will probably host the next game once I come back from my holidays in Puglia, so after the 10th of August, if players will stay around.
It's a bit frustrating when you're for once making an effort and no one can be bothered. Turns out that all my remarks on Hamlet and Xardob were spot on, and even my page 1 suspicion of Curio was exactly right. The only thing where I failed was when I backed off from Curio on day 2 and put Rocco in my top 3 instead.

As to a longer break...sure, why not...I might, however, if people are open (read: interested) in it, try out hosting one of those "start at lylo" games for a quick burst of activity, but I'm yet to work out the exact format that I could see working. Ideally that would be a game that lasts only a week or less, and would be at a high pace. If people are interested in experimenting with that, I'll put up a recruitment thread once I have an idea of the format I could see working.

I fear that if I end up being an innocent again in your game, I will self vote and end the game on page one. :iamamoron:

Jock questioned my allegiance and the lack of activity made it hard to understand what the other deads, but Brutus, thought of me. I fear that only Archer could have changed Hawk's mind.

Adaham said:
It's a bit frustrating when you're for once making an effort and no one can be bothered.
Oh I was bothered, I can tell you that :iamamoron: Which is why most of my posts (except on the last day) focused on making you look suspicious

Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio said:
Adaham said:
It's a bit frustrating when you're for once making an effort and no one can be bothered.
Oh I was bothered, I can tell you that :iamamoron: Which is why most of my posts (except on the last day) focused on making you look suspicious
Ha, I take that as a compliment  :wink: Quite exemplary, really, that this game the three people going after me were two villains I pegged, and a Moose...  :facepalm:

Saying it like that makes it actually sound like a ye-olde screwball comedy "Two villains and a Moose"...probably starring Dan Aykroyd or something like that...

Dago Wolfrider said:
I fear that only Archer could have changed Hawk's mind.
It's not like anybody really tried, no? In the end I asked Brutus to remind everybody of Arch3rs claim, because it seemed like no one really cared to think of it.

Now that I think of that I voted for a wolf everytime the day started, but the second day, when Rocco was killed, I would have opposed that idea, but by the time I managed to come here he was already dead. That's an improvement, I wonder if I will one day manage to improve my wolfplay.

Well, in hindsight maybe your quote-war on page 2 with Hamlet was actually spot-on. But yeah, being right about something and convincing people of it are two different things (as I know far too well).

If there's one thing you want to improve, I'd focus on not voting yourself, I think that might go a long way  :iamamoron:

Psst, psst, SootShade, never thought of recruiting the 3/4 guests who have been following us in these months? I guess you noticed them too.

If there's one thing you want to improve, I'd focus on not voting yourself, I think that might go a long way  :iamamoron:

Next time I want to vote myself, I am going to vote you, ok? :iamamoron:

You can't deny that me surviving that long in your game and not being lynched on day 1 was quite epic. Can't say the same about my day 3 here, will give you that.

You see, there's a bit of new-player-credit going around on this forum. But I wouldn't stretch it, by now you're part of the inventory, so expect to be lynched day 1 on a regular basis from now on onwards  :iamamoron:

Oh, and you can also vote me, no problem, just expect to die even quicker  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom