[Werewolf] – The Necromancer's Tower – Sign Up

Users who are viewing this thread

The Village and a Tower

The small village you've lived all your live in is totally nondescript, but for a single great landmark, a tower of stone that ominously rises above the village from its vantage on a hill near the village. Though it's surroundings are completely forested, so difficult to pass through that it's hard to believe there ever was a path to the tower, the tower still looms over you every day of your life, casting a long shadow that passes over every house in the village through the day.

It's no wonder there are many stories told about the tower, with its ever prominent presence the village's daily life surely prompting the imagination. What most of the stories seem to agree on is that the tower was once – centuries ago supposedly, matching the ancient look of the stonework of the tower – the home of a powerful necromancer. No surprise then that these stories are almost without exception terrifying and gruesome, rarely with a happy ending.

It's believed by most of the older folk in the village that the souls of the necromancer's victims still remain locked in the tower, ready to remind the world of their centuries of anguish should they be freed. Your family's lived here for generations though, and it doesn't seem that any of them have even seen a single ghost, so you have every reason to doubt such a fantastical tale. Really, what are the chances that the dead are suddenly going to interrupt your boring life in a village in the middle of nowhere?

That said, no one's yet opened the locked door of the tower...

So, as I posted in the main thread, I want to run a bit of a different game. It'll still be clearly recognizable as werewolf, but there will be a few key mechanics, specifically surrounding dead players, that should change the usual run of the game rather significantly.

The main point of course is that the dead players will continue to participate. There's a high chance there will be mechanics that can lead to them being removed from the game permanently, but the dead will still play a significant part in the game. They will not only have their own, separate discussion phase during the night, but they will also each, villain or innocent, be granted a special ability upon death. These special abilities will, as usual, be used mainly during the night phase. Of course, they will still lose their ability to vote, nor will they count for or against the villains' victory condition of overpowering the village. Their roles will not be revealed upon death.

The living players can freely follow the night discussion, but not participate, just like the dead with the day discussion. This means there will be two separate phases of discussion that nonetheless still interact with each other. There will be no special abilities among the innocents or the vengeful spirits (wolves), that still remain among the living players, but the night time abilities of the ghosts can affect either the living or the dead.

Though the current game doesn't seem to be near finishing yet, I'm setting this up now because I want to be ready to go whenever it does end. It might take a while to gather the number of players that I'm looking for. Whilst I haven't completely figured out the balance of the game yet, that number is most likely 14 – one of which will unfortunately be killed immediately, as the game will start in the night phase, but of course in this case that does not mean they are completely eliminated from the game.

I may still be able to adjust the game for a different number of players, but if the number of sign ups is too low by the time that the current game ends, then I will most likely just run a more regular game instead, and save these special mechanics for a time that we can gather the required number to get everything out of them.

List of players:
1. Roccoflipside
2. Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio
3. Moose!
4. Jock
5. The Doge of Benis
6. Dark_Hamlet
7. Arch3r
8. Adaham
9. Xardob
10. Dago Wolfrider
11. Vermillion_Hawk
12. Lord Brutus

I'm definitely interested in this one. Wouldn't mind waiting a bit after the current game to get this one started though, it seems like a lot of people are kind of burned out by now. Still, consider this a sign-up!

As an update, I'm currently recruiting people for a small and basic game through PMs, and kinda assuming that the folks signed up here are also up for that. But I'll also continue using this thread as sign up for the 14 player game, and I'll keep gathering people for that whilst the smaller game is running, so that we'll hopefully have the people when it wraps up in about a month.

It'll probably take me until tomorrow to get the game thread up, since I suddenly got quite busy. It looks we'll be going with just seven players, and barely even that, but at least it'll be a quick one that way.

Roccoflipside said:
Don't forget, last game was supposed o be quick and simple. 70-somethin pages later :iamamoron:
85. It was 85 pages.  :iamamoron:

Also, that doesn't count, it might have been quick and simple, but it was an Adahamstravaganza™  :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom