Users who are viewing this thread

Roccoflipside said:
Hey, Dago's right! vote: Adaham

If I think that the Dream team could have been you and Moose! and me. :cry:
It's not too late to put remedy to this:

Vote Adaham

j-P7i.gif

Adaham said:
I'm contradicting myself because I'm still undecided whether Picard was actually the best captain, or whether he was a pc-douche  :iamamoron:

In my book, Picard is the best captain. But Kirk is close, and not at all like the brash caricature that he's portrayed to be nowadays. Then Sisko/Janeway are tied, followed by Archer. Haven't watched Discovery yet, so can't comment on Lorca.

MaHuD seems to fancy Lorca quite a bit, but I'm not sold (as I'm not sold on Discovery in general).

For me it's Kirk, and I agree that he's far from the caricature people make him out to be. I started watching Star Trek last year for the lolz and the campyness, but after just 3 episodes I was hooked...there's some actual stories and even philosophical concepts in it. And Kirk's right at the center. Shatner might have been a jerk, but a charismatic one at that.

Early Picard is just an a**, but halfway through season 2 he softens up and becomes everybodies-dad-with-a-posh-accent. All in all, Next Gen is certainly the most well-rounded crew of all of them, which makes it the most appealing overall, but I don't feel that Picard stands out really.

Sisko surprised me positively. At first I thought he was a token black dude with a bad Denzel Washington impersonation going on, but he really grew on me, and I agree that he became pretty badass over the course of the show.

Janeway was also far less tokenish than I thought, Mulgrew did ok, I think. Overall I must say that Voyager struck me as a lot better than its reputation. Once they left the Kazon behind, there were a couple of really cool scenarios played out. I think part of its bad reputation comes from the fact, that DS9 introduced some long-form TV drama stuff into Star Trek, and Voyager went back to the old planet-of-the-week formula (a bit, at least), but even that wasn't true. Paris evolved from total jerk to actually halfway-likeable. The EMH & 7o9 relation is one of the best things in all of Trek. And I even didn't mind Kim  :facepalm:

I should add I binged all those 4 Star Treks over the course of almost a year. When I started watching the pilot of Enterprise, I never got beyond the halfway mark. I was seriously burned out, and frankly no one there really got me interested. Plus, after the best. Intro. Ever. in Voyager, the Enterprise intro was just SUCH a letdown, that I refused to continue. I watched the first season of Discovery, but that wasn't really Trek anyway, so yeah...

Anyway, all of that has nothing really to do with this game, but frankly this game was just an excuse to ramble a bit more about Trek  :iamamoron:

My only real Trek knowledge is ToS. I was hoping one of the baddies was going to be the salt monster that shape shifts, would have been cool. I liked the philisophicalness of ToS, plus Kirk's tendency to **** or fight his way out of problems is always entertaining.

Just watched a bunch of videos on YouTube about the lore, the plot of the different seasons and some concerning my character. Not much really. Maybe after the 4th of July I will start a Werewolf game about Code Geass. There is a lot of philosophy( and theology, in one scene and in some main aspects/relations of the anime, yet they are hidden quite well, they are not so explicit, most times), some Literature,...in it too. Not to talk about the psychological traits of the main characters. Best anime ever(the original two seasons). The ending is worth of a signature. :fruity:

I blinked and missed the end of the game.

It's funny that the best move for the village (me shooting Brutus and thus revealing two innocents) was an accident. It's also nice to think how differently this could have turned out if I decided to shoot another target. I came very close to shooting Soot, Dago and Eternal before settling on Brutus just because I was afraid I'd get lynched while asleep.

Although if you had targeted Soot or Eternal we would have been one wolf down on day 1. But I think you're right, it was better to have the two of you as confirmed innocents rather than one wolf dead without enough time to analyze the situation.

Roccoflipside said:
Although if you had targeted Soot or Eternal we would have been one wolf down on day 1. But I think you're right, it was better to have the two of you as confirmed innocents rather than one wolf dead without enough time to analyze the situation.

Yeah. Marowit's death would have been quite useless back then.

Xardob said:
I blinked and missed the end of the game.

It's funny that the best move for the village (me shooting Brutus and thus revealing two innocents) was an accident. It's also nice to think how differently this could have turned out if I decided to shoot another target. I came very close to shooting Soot, Dago and Eternal before settling on Brutus just because I was afraid I'd get lynched while asleep.
Agreed, that turned out to be a very good scenario for you guys, surprisingly so. To be honest, I was surprised that you didn't shoot me. :lol:

SootShade said:
Agreed, that turned out to be a very good scenario for you guys, surprisingly so. To be honest, I was surprised that you didn't shoot me. :lol:
When you voted me and dared me to hammer myself, I thought about shooting you then voting myself. It would be pretty funny, because everyone would think that would be the lynch vote, but I'd know we'd be one vote short because you'd be dead. You're lucky that I like playing with you too much to kill you so early, and that I'd thought that would be funnier to do near the lynch and cause a no lynch. Which I later scrapped because I thought I'd get lynched while asleep.

So, you(Dark_Hamlet) were serious about rereading old games ahn. Well, you should check this one:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,382516.0.html

In this one he was the first to get lynched, while in the one I linked he got to live till the end.

Back
Top Bottom