Were Trek: Q-re - Game over, INNOCENTS WIN :iamamoron:

Users who are viewing this thread

BTW, what about the whole self-voting thing? When was the last time a self-voter was actually a wolf? I remember some years ago being constantly in fights with Llandy, during which it happened more than once that I self-voted, but I was always innocent. There might be some examples from way in the past, but I can't name them really.

Just makes me wonder why we treat self-voting as a tell...

That is true, however it usually stems from people being frustrated for being suspected even though they're innocent. Most of the time, obviously. Nothing says a wolf couldn't use it to distract. But usually it's just frustration over unjustified suspicions. So when that happens, instead of being even more annoyed, maybe easing off would be a better choice of tactic.

That being said, it's easier to say so from the outside, and I don't remember when I was the last time in a game where somebody (not me) did that  :iamamoron:

Well, Curio technically self-voted as a wolf right there at the end  :iamamoron:

Three cheers for
The Balkan Brotherhood Dream Team!

Honestly I feel a little bad for hammering Dago if he was going to unvote himself, as at that point I had a feelin he was innocent, but I didn't want to head into a potential LoL situation with what seemed to be a non-participating innocent at that point. Plus, in retrospect, it set up the 2v2 death match which I think was beneficial to the village, as it forced to wolves to show themselves in the end.

All in all, gg guys, that was a lot of fun! Too bad I didn't get to be there at the end

Adaham said:
That is true, however it usually stems from people being frustrated for being suspected even though they're innocent. Most of the time, obviously. Nothing says a wolf couldn't use it to distract. But usually it's just frustration over unjustified suspicions. So when that happens, instead of being even more annoyed, maybe easing off would be a better choice of tactic.
I guess. I can't really sympathize, since I tend to only get annoyed by bad reasoning being used to justify suspecting me when I'm scum. That's an actual tell on me for you lot by the way; they tend to be rather individual in my experience. :razz:

Yeah, for the most part I've seen tells that ended up not being tells and things almost every innocent does end of being tells for some people. Even between games things can switch up depending on roles, so other than day 1 I try to limit my hunting to that game.

Although I don't have to appear to be doin it that way  :iamamoron:

Adaham said:
BTW, what about the whole self-voting thing?

The self voting was less concerning to me than the day 1 "Vote for me" campaign. That's definitely something I do as a wolf. The self vote though just plays into the drama that I feel wolves like to raise when they get caught. I don't think I've ever voted for myself as an innocent?

Roccoflipside said:
Well, Curio technically self-voted as a wolf right there at the end  :iamamoron:

Three cheers for
The Balkan Brotherhood Dream Team!

Honestly I feel a little bad for hammering Dago if he was going to unvote himself, as at that point I had a feelin he was innocent, but I didn't want to head into a potential LoL situation with what seemed to be a non-participating innocent at that point. Plus, in retrospect, it set up the 2v2 death match which I think was beneficial to the village, as it forced to wolves to show themselves in the end.

All in all, gg guys, that was a lot of fun! Too bad I didn't get to be there at the end
You were always in my heart, 7 of 9, or should I say 14 of 16.
wD5eM.jpg

I wasn't totally sure how your role actually played out, and if you had a way to protect each other. So i thought that you'd assume I'd go for a Moose kill, and killed Rocco while roleblocking Moose.

I know I could have used that ability earlier, but I really saw no reason to. There was no real use roleblocking anyone up to the very end, and I was not interested enough in a single players role to use it to investigate. The initial thought was to save the roleblock in case we needed to kill Brutus, to make him unable to defend himself. So actually it might have been a good idea to use it on Brutus on the night we tried to kill Jock, but that's just hindsight  :iamamoron:

I guessed that might have been the case. Still, getting rid of Jock still looked to be the best bet to me to cause some confusion, just because it was the worst move from technical perspective. :lol:

Lord Brutus said:
Roccoflipside said:
Yeah that probably would have worked out better for y'all. Brutus had both Moose! and I high on his list, so he probably would have been easier to convince.
Not after day 2, you nit, but I didn't want the real traitors becoming suspicious of me.

Was that an honorable decision?  :razz:

Crassius "Biggus Dickus" Curio said:
I wasn't totally sure how your role actually played out, and if you had a way to protect each other. So i thought that you'd assume I'd go for a Moose kill, and killed Rocco while roleblocking Moose.

I know I could have used that ability earlier, but I really saw no reason to. There was no real use roleblocking anyone up to the very end, and I was not interested enough in a single players role to use it to investigate. The initial thought was to save the roleblock in case we needed to kill Brutus, to make him unable to defend himself. So actually it might have been a good idea to use it on Brutus on the night we tried to kill Jock, but that's just hindsight  :iamamoron:
Saving special abilities for later almost never works out, in my experience. By the end game it either becomes useless, or you're dead for one reason or another. Most one-off special abilities work out best early on, at least that's my experience.

Not knowing on who to use it is part of the fun. There was an oracle out there, a one-shot seer, a bodyguard, a tracker...all pretty useful to know about and block.

IMHO, the biggest mistake of the wolves was not to go for Xardob or Brutus on night 1. Because of that, suddenly day 2 saw 4 semi-confirmed innocents, which reduced the pool of suspects drastically, and from there on out you were never able to catch up again. If somebody does something that could hint at them being a special, then you need to either kill them as quickly as possible, or come up with a good plan on how to discredit them.

SootShade said:
I guessed that might have been the case. Still, getting rid of Jock still looked to be the best bet to me to cause some confusion, just because it was the worst move from technical perspective. :lol:
The killing of Brutus instead of Jock was a nice bit of chaos that could have thrown everything around, but for it to work you needed to be quick on your feet. That's when Moose again took the initiative and put the pressure on right away. Jock was silent (which worked in his favour), while Curio didn't sacrifice you quickly enough. If Curio would have sacrificed you without much hesitation, then he might have been better in Moose's book than Jock. But I feel like you guys just wanted too much to end it this day by convincing somebody to vote for Moose. It was not the most flexible of plays there, if I may say so...

Moose! said:
<---WOLF-------------------------------------------------------------------------------INNOCENT--->

Dago / Brutus / Archer / Xardob / Doge / Jock / Soot / Uncle Crassus / Eternal / Rocco / Moose!
Oh, btw...back when that happened, I was sooooo looking forward to rubbing it in later  :iamamoron:

But then Moose actually pretty much turned the tables, so hats off to him. Not bad for a Millenial  :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom