We're still waiting for the equivalent of right to rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

If you are a real fan you would know that "right to rule" was a thing in Warband and previous games, it's straight forward mechanic as it says it gives you right to rule your kingdom. What would happen if you tried to rule before sending your companions out to increase this stat is that other kingdoms would turn hostile and refuse you peace.

We need this because as it is now, one can easily take over one part of the world one by one, there are nothing really stopping you from doing that regardless of your progress.

In Warband other kingdoms would rightfully try to overthrow your weak rule and this made it much more difficult but also more interesting to make your own kingdom.

i would afriad such feature would be way too complicated for console

if you really wants it you can always mod it yourself
If console is stopping this game from greatness than perhaps it's best to scrap the idea of making money there.

Mount & Blade is after all a pc franchise primarily and that's what it should focus on.

There is no reason to mod anything in that has been part of the previous games, they will do it it's just a question of when.

The player kingdom does involve a lot of paying kingdoms to leave you alone - which they accept - and so it becomes trivially easy so long as you have deep pockets. Some sort of mechanic that makes the AI factions consider more than money in diplomacy with the player, if not also each other, would be good.

Don't really think right to rule (as it was implemented in WB, at least) is the right system, though - RtR was something you could farm up in advance, if you cared to, and bypass the system entirely. Something as simple as making the AI see your faction's weakness (one to few clans, etc) as easy territory and refusing peace so long as they think they can take it (eg, not currently busy with a bunch of other wars) might be plenty.

The player kingdom does involve a lot of paying kingdoms to leave you alone - which they accept - and so it becomes trivially easy so long as you have deep pockets. Some sort of mechanic that makes the AI factions consider more than money in diplomacy with the player, if not also each other, would be good.

Don't really think right to rule (as it was implemented in WB, at least) is the right system, though - RtR was something you could farm up in advance, if you cared to, and bypass the system entirely. Something as simple as making the AI see your faction's weakness (one to few clans, etc) as easy territory and refusing peace so long as they think they can take it (eg, not currently busy with a bunch of other wars) might be plenty.

It wasn't difficult to surpass, but it was a stone in your shoe that delayed your rise to power, Bannerlord need just that, it needs some word being shouted in your face and some battles before you can be declared a rightful ruler, there's nothing standing in your way in the current version.

The base game lacks gameplay mechanics such as RtR.

What would happen if you tried to rule before sending your companions out to increase this stat is that other kingdoms would turn hostile and refuse you peace.
This is actually not what RTR did, though it's a common misconception. The AI's code did not check RTR in anyway when deciding to declare war on you.
What it do is cause lords who were leaving thier faction to consider trying to join yours, causing them to show up in your capitol waiting for you to talk to them. This is pretty useful and is something I would like in bannerlord as it's a bit sucky that the player must jump through hoops and pay money (usually) for vassals while the AI doesn't, the AI can even accept new vassals while in prison.

I think RTR effected the dialogue check of lords too when you tried to recruit them, but I'm not sure. You get some different comments if you have low rtr and are a faction but I'm not sure what else.

If console is stopping this game from greatness than perhaps it's best to scrap the idea of making money there.

Mount & Blade is after all a pc franchise primarily and that's what it should focus on.

There is no reason to mod anything in that has been part of the previous games, they will do it it's just a question of when.
well said

console players are bull**** that ruin any great game franchise

they should stay on normal rpgs like Final Fantasy and hack and slash game and sports games

well said

they should stay on normal rpgs like Final Fantasy and hack and slash game and sports games

Dont blame the Consoler -they only know what they know...blame the developers who are IINTENTIONALLY slicing up a full featured PC sequel in favor of more profit from said Consolers. They have decided to shorten our (master race) PC gamers in favor of money and WE are paying for it. SO who's really the big dummy ??

Dont blame the Consoler -they only know what they know...blame the developers who are IINTENTIONALLY slicing up a full featured PC sequel in favor of more profit from said Consolers. They have decided to shorten our (master race) PC gamers in favor of money and WE are paying for it. SO who's really the big dummy ??

dude, everybody know console is just for money, it's rare to see a game there that's worthy, of course i know some in console are worth the money, like the franchise God of War, excellent perfect for console. Not a game that involve the things Bannerlord and Warband does. And i support PC all the way, I want they complete on PC first then they can release for nintendo 3d or make a game for that type of port.
I want want my PC game fully and whole. I love this game, the vision is amazing, but they ****ed up on some parts. They know that, now the best chance is see they getting a bad review on console and not a good sale on it, they know better than anyone their game is only perfect on PC
The problem is that console players accept anyhting that goes there

Right to rule was an interesting concept. It would make founding a kingdom that much more rewarding and really something you had to work for. Would add a much needed layer of depth to BL's kingdom creation!

If you are a real fan you would know that "right to rule" was a thing in Warband and previous games, it's straight forward mechanic as it says it gives you right to rule your kingdom. What would happen if you tried to rule before sending your companions out to increase this stat is that other kingdoms would turn hostile and refuse you peace.

We need this because as it is now, one can easily take over one part of the world one by one, there are nothing really stopping you from doing that regardless of your progress.

In Warband other kingdoms would rightfully try to overthrow your weak rule and this made it much more difficult but also more interesting to make your own kingdom.
Your "right to rule" is the Dragon Banner you get from the main quest.

In Sandbox...there shod be a right to rule,or a quest to obtain the dragon banner,yes.

Your "right to rule" is the Dragon Banner you get from the main quest.

In Sandbox...there shod be a right to rule,or a quest to obtain the dragon banner,yes.
Wellllllll. Yes.
But.. Maybe.

I've just completed the Dragon Banner and while it sends me on a wild goose chase across Calradia where I learn just one thing; which is how to quickly navigate the encyclopedia, it doesnt really give me right to rule.

I dont exactly remember how this was in Warband, but I thought you had to "impress" those other lords in order to gain right to rule, or had it correlate with renown. In BL you dont "do" anything, you just walk across the map. And it can be done easy and at extremely low level. I had a party of 45 when I "finished" the dragon banner. It doesnt seem too rewarding.

If you were a real fan, you'd know the AI doesn't care about RtR when they wardec you in WB.

I would say this is a little inflammatory, but I also agree, so I should probably avoid saying that. Would make me a hypocrite.

Theoretically Clan Tier is the replacement for this mechanic but I guess I agree that it isn't actually suited to the job.

Especially given the recent convos about the ridiculous cost of clan recruitment, there really should be a "Bad@$$ MF'er" stat which convinces lords that - despite the fact that you weren't born into faction leadership - you've never been defeated in combat and will eventually crush them while you steamroll the map if they don't join up first... if only because of your mystical ability to hit F5 & F9.

Also some consideration given to the idea that those who join early will be rewarded with more fiefs long-term than they'd get to keep under their current incompetent liege.

The implementation was a bit sketchy, but the fundamental concept of "legitimacy" is a pretty solid idea. Having to "farm" it in advance is also, actually, a good approach. It should be improved, but it would make more logical & immersive to have someone who is already recognized as having some sort of claim to being a faction leader being accepted (even if begrudgingly) as a "world player" than any kind of upstart that just has a few dozens of mercenaries.
Legitimacy is the difference between a brigand and a lord after all :grin:

I guess right to rule is now in clan tier. Personally I think they should remove the clan tier restriction on making a kingdom, but lords of a higher clan tier wont join you and kingdoms ruled by a clan with a higher tier than you might invade. Then again, what is right to rule when you can just peace your way out of any war you disagree with right?

Back
Top Bottom