We're at the end of Q2 2022. Do you think we are going to have a "Futur Plans V2" ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't mind DLC other companies do it . But DLC for me have got to add something worth having not new troops because players mod these in anyway. DLC for me got to a new gameplay mechanics .

I don't mind DLC other companies do it . But DLC for me have got to add something worth having not new troops because players mod these in anyway. DLC for me got to a new gameplay mechanics .
other companies make day 1 horse armor, DLCs with less content than a tiktoker dancing teen and charge 50 bucks, if you're okay because others do it, I'd kindly ask you to start invoicing me money monthly, since you like to waste it, I'd even throw in the deal some nice custom designed images for web spaces (social media/twitch/avatars/signatures/banners) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

other companies make day 1 horse armor, DLCs with less content than a tiktoker dancing teen and charge 50 bucks, if you're okay because others do it, I'd kindly ask you to start invoicing me money monthly, since you like to waste it, I'd even throw in the deal some nice custom designed images for web spaces (social media/twitch/avatars/signatures/banners) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't buy a horse armour DLC . Plus I wouldn't pay 50 bucks. I do work and i treat myself now and then but what ever i buy as to be worth it . So a Bannerlord dlc based on what we have now . World have to be something that add new mechanics like criminal enterprise or a more advanced clan system . I say this a lot intrigues Assassins poison wine spies things like that. All companies do it not just gaming companies and there's nothing we can do about it. Its the nature of the beast. Lets hope if TW dose a DLC its worth my pounds.

DLCs for this type of game is stupid; unless it's in the form of opening a section of the world map, adding a kingdom, or new mechanic systems (that works and has depth to it).

And they better not dare add any of those 'cut' features that were advertised but deemd too complicated during EA/development in the past as paid DLC as that's just pretty much bait&switch in my eyes.

The closest example, smithing could have been considered a good 'DLC' content but it's already in the game as it is and we can see how messy that feature is already; and who knows how many dev hours spent wasting away on that.

There's no future plans update as there is no future plans for this from TW; quite evident.

other companies make day 1 horse armor,
This company also made huge games open to modded stuff. Sure, horse armor was the root of all evil.

But Bethesda also made games like Morrorwind, Skyrim (on every possible device), they also have a huge history like Daggerfall.

TW has Warband and a "failed" Bannerlord wihtout Banners. And if TW would have ANY competition in it´s genre they would have nothing at all.

So no matter how bad Bethesda is, they´re still better than TW, which is also not that hard.

Yeah I think that they are going to need new assets, and frankly, a full expansion.

With the 1.8.0, Bannerlord made a great step forwards its release but the game is still far from the release.

So as Taleworlds said last year in the Futur Plans post that their were aiming for Q2 2022 to release the game, do you think that we are going to get a new Futur Plans post before the end of the month ?

The first Futur Plans post has been posed around the time that they were aiming last year ☝

Futur Plans post: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/261550/view/4509778749610642532
Hello Captain Fracassss,

I sometimes watch your videos, they are nice. (I am French). We are a small group of friends of big players.

1.8.0 is indeed much better billed even if we continue to hope for a more elaborate "solo campaign" mode. We are not battle fanatics like you, we would also like more diplomacy, a more elaborate "lore", more points of interest, a real "lore" to justify the campaign, etc. In short, we are fanatics of the RPG, therefore, inevitably a little disappointed. But we know that our point of view is unfortunately little shared.

We hope for more activities on the huge map and we are still naive enough to believe that it will happen. We want to trust TW. Apparently they work hard.

We have a few hundred hours of gameplay. Old warband players too.

We play little "multiplayer", we are too used to playing games with "multiple" skills. It was more the RPg/strategy/diplomacy aspect that appealed to us.

For your question,
I do not know anything at all. I prefer that they take all the time they can to build a very good game. Good luck to them.

Better thoughts.

This company also made huge games open to modded stuff. Sure, horse armor was the root of all evil.

But Bethesda also made games like Morrorwind, Skyrim (on every possible device), they also have a huge history like Daggerfall.

TW has Warband and a "failed" Bannerlord wihtout Banners. And if TW would have ANY competition in it´s genre they would have nothing at all.

So no matter how bad Bethesda is, they´re still better than TW, which is also not that hard.
Skyrim's objectively their worse TES game creatively and in terms of Game Design. It's an "Atlantic Puddle" as I like to call it. Shallow but massive, their only redeeming points are supporting mods, yet that means they are sort of leasing free work to make their game better and more popular, increasing their willingness to fail and neglect to push fixes (all companies that over-support mods do it)
Oblivion was a meh game in terms of RPG, but it's still among the best ones you can find that have a high degree of open world to it. TW3's inferior in the Open World simply because we are stuck into a pre-set character with a very narrowed story and "play-style" (objectively easier to tailor), while in Oblivion you could achieve the end-game by a plethora of different paths much like a PnP allows you if you wanna go with RPG logic for your gameplay, that is.
IE: Rise through a guild, specialize your character to deal with the imminent threat - achievable by: Gladiators Guild / Fighters Guild / Assassins Guild / Thieves Guild / Mages Guild / Knights of the Nine Guild (DLC linking to the main quest, awesome) / Shivering Isles/Insane Guild (DLC that can be done BEFORE the Main Quest and yet it still feels like a natural link) all feeling natural and linking naturally to the over-arch of the main quest, even the Daedric Quests are linked to the main quest - so you could sink in on any of those to increase your power to overcome the challenge. Incredibly satisfying results.

In TW3 you are stuck with a Witcher, who's part of the Witchers Guild, and that's it. They did try to add some more depth to that, but no matter what you do, you're still a Witcher that's supposed to "Witcher" around, and even than there's not much detail nor depth to the Witchering, there are limited contracts, most of them feeling generic and off-tone/unlinked to everything, only a handful feel natural and flow well with the main narrative for both DLC and the base-game. Arguably, their Toussant DLC feels better than the entire game did, the other DLC included.

In Skyrim the whole "Chosen One" thing plus the confusing lore makes it narrow, you have to head-canon circumventions to allow yourself to play like you could in Oblivion, still do-able but it feels artificial, too much threat imminency and urgency for you to in-character stroll around and pursue basically any of the guilds' as a "build-up for finale" style. You were also forced into certain guilds to reach the ending, meaning that you were in for a bad trip if you were trying ot RP a "anti-mage" minded character. Made it bad in too many realms, with a lot of potential things unexplored, like the fact that you can get accepted into the Mages College just for being a Dragonborn, they say they wanna study you, but absolutely no follow-up on that, no uniqueness, no story, the entire College Arch is totally detached, same for every other path. Bad writing.
As for other paths, pretty much the same happens, the side-quests are 99% procedurally generated, and the world feels empty and boring because it lacks links and actual "populating" from the devs, so Skyrim's very generic, feels generic, plays generic until you basically pack the game with hundreds of mods to fix it.

All DLC for Skyrim are arbitrary and could be considered crap compared to Shivering Isles or Bloodmoon... So I never use Skyrim as a positive example, it is arguably among the best games of this past decade, but only because the industry has been on a steep fall in the quality department, specially with RPGs. Some ppl come to me from time to time to praise Ubisoft which's just heresy, their games are crap on both RPG and Open World departments.

Last edited:
Mages College
Mage College just sucks so bad. In Thieves Guild, you are required to steal, in Dark Brotherhood, you are required to assassinate while in Mage Guild, you can complete all of main questline almost without doing any magic.

But soon we get a mod that completely overhauls main questline. Last time they said, it will be completed in 2023.

I am hoping for a Crusader kings lite style gameplay adding . very basic system at lest. Have the npc's plotting and forming alliances .Have relationship be important more than just costing a few more influence to raise and army. The game bloody needs some none combat action.

Mage College just sucks so bad. In Thieves Guild, you are required to steal, in Dark Brotherhood, you are required to assassinate while in Mage Guild, you can complete all of main questline almost without doing any magic.

But soon we get a mod that completely overhauls main questline. Last time they said, it will be completed in 2023.

as I've said, Skyrim's a bad game, it NEEDS mods to be any fun at all for anyone who isn't a casual. They've stripped most of the RPG out of the series in that game. Meanwhile all previous TES were pretty much an attempt to bring PnP/Table-Top feeling into the digital video-game, Skyrim's just an arcadey hack&slash opne-world with minimal RPG elements.

Talewords as a team/company has the worst communication I've ever seen. Completely taking for granted the community that has supported them for years.

Instead of taking 30 seconds out of their day to provide any updates whatsoever, they consistently ghost us. I've never seen anything like this and it's frankly embarrassing. What a poor disservice to the devs and fans of the series. The 'Community Manager' should be humiliated. It's like a playbook or textbook example of how NOT to build a community and/or strong relationships.

Talewords as a team/company has the worst communication I've ever seen. Completely taking for granted the community that has supported them for years.

Instead of taking 30 seconds out of their day to provide any updates whatsoever, they consistently ghost us. I've never seen anything like this and it's frankly embarrassing. What a poor disservice to the devs and fans of the series. The 'Community Manager' should be humiliated. It's like a playbook or textbook example of how NOT to build a community and/or strong relationships.
Yeah, a weekly report would be nice about what they are working on and what is the advancement, we are kinda shareholders after all.

I wrote their next blog post for them!

Seems really easy to do!

For my part, I no longer believe them. they wanted to make money quickly. They made a "fake" Early Access.
They would have published a battle game, we would have accepted. But they announced a full game. But the campaign mode and sandbox are totally a scam. Nothing is finished in this game, everything is just an illusion.
Player playing time has no relation to the quality of the advertised game. It was not advertised as a simple battle game but as a complete "strategy, rpg, and medieval" game. However, the medieval world is absolutely not described in the game, the rpg is totally absent because the game is empty, and the whole "sandbox" side works very badly and is very boring.
The disappointment of the players is completely legitimate and TW has a very bad reputation today.

Back
Top Bottom