Welcome To The Modding Area

Callum

Community Manager
Best answers
Welcome to the new dedicated modding area! We hope this will serve as a good home for our modding community and provide you with an environment in which you can thrive.

You might notice there have been some pretty big changes made to the forum structure during the transition. The intention behind this was to group all things modding into one area that is easily accessible for modders and players alike. If you can't find a specific section or thread, it is likely that is has been moved or renamed. All Mount & Blade Engine titles are now housed together, grouping all resources, tools and projects in once place rather than spread out over the entire forums. Once Bannerlord is released, we will open a section dedicated to the new game engine. We are open to feedback on these changes, so feel free to leave a reply below to share your thoughts.

This section is really in its infancy right now and we hope to do a lot more to expand it and include features that will be useful for both modders and players. If you have any thoughts or ideas of your own, make sure to leave a reply in the Suggestions thread for us to take a look at.

WilliamTheBear

Global Moderator
WBNWVCM&B
Best answers
Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the new modding area indeed as explained by Callum. Having our own "tab" will allow us to further extend the level of structural clarity and in the long run, provide us with many new possibilities. We have slightly re-designed where everything is located, with all the M&B engine titles now bundled together and the BL section coming out in the future. We have created a new "General modding" area though that currently contains the "Hub" and "Q&A".

Hub
A place where the public (mod users) and the modding community (modders) can collide, communicate and exchange ideas. A place where the community members can come in and suggest ideas for various mods, discuss game designs & modding designs and just fit into the modding community. You will also find various important stickies here in the future such as the "Modding guidelines", "Monetization guidelines", "OSP/LSP Concept" and all other information that applies across the board, not just to the specific game titles. Hub also now houses the "MBMC Archive" childboard which is the new home of our previously organised modding contests. All active modding contests will show up in the Hub and then be moved to the MBMC Archive when finished.

Q&A
The modding Q&A in the forge has been a great way for anyone to get help over the past years. Granted, it didn't have any filtering and answers would eventually get buried under other answers but it worked. Well, the Q&A section directly resolves those problems. Check the Q&A Guidelines for more details.

Prefixes
We would like to additionally point your attention to prefixes. They're a great new tool that came with the new forum software, allowing us to filter through threads and posts. Prefixes are pre-set by us in specific sections of the forum, you aren't able to create your own. There can also be a min/max requirement in specific sections so keep that in mind.

And lastly, everything that you see can still be modified and improved so let us know what you think in the Modding Area Suggestions thread.

Last edited:

😂😂😂

Archduke
WBNW
Best answers
I have to say I think it's very disrespectful to modders that the mod subforums are no longer on the front page of the forums and you have to click through several pages to get to them. It's a real slap in the face considering how important mods were to the game's success.

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
I have to say I think it's very disrespectful to modders that the mod subforums are no longer on the front page of the forums and you have to click through several pages to get to them. It's a real slap in the face considering how important mods were to the game's success.
If you take a close look, you will see a 'Modding' Button just next to the 'Forum' one at the top side of the page :wink:

😂😂😂

Archduke
WBNW
Best answers
What I mean is, for example, the L'Aigle subforum. The subforums for specific mods. I think there is next to zero chance of people finding those subforums now.

Marko͘

Section Moderator
WBNWM&BWF&SVC
Best answers
If anything, a dedicated section to mods rather than scrolling to the middle of the main forum increases visibility.
User wants to find mods -> User clicks 'Modding' -> User can see released and unreleased mods. You click Warband because that's the game you want a mod for and find tons of boards.

😂😂😂

Archduke
WBNW
Best answers
I don't really see how having to click on a separate tab and then scroll through subforums is more visible than my mod's subforum being one of the first things visible when you go to forums.taleworlds.com

Marko͘

Section Moderator
WBNWM&BWF&SVC
Best answers
It's definitely was not one of the first things you used to see. It was scrolling to the middle of the forum looking for a modding section in between a bunch of other sections. It's now literally one additional click further to find.

Scuba Steve

Master Knight
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
Best answers
No, I agree with Docm. I didn't even know what happened to the modding forum, and until I actually used "ctrl+f" to search for it on the page, I didn't even notice the tab up above.

I forsee that there will be less activity in this section.

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
It would be helpful for the incoming wave (Bannerlord players) if the modding section was clear on the separation: [go here to DO modding] and [go here to PLAY/install mods ready to play]. Basically [Developers/modders] x [Players]

If both section will remain under the "modding" umbrella then my suggestion is to review the titles. Currently we have "General Modding" and "Mount & Blade Engine".
Put it also into the suggestion thread, I would also like to have the Q&A channel again renamed.

quicksilver67

Recruit
Best answers
@[Bcw]Btm_Earendil: Assuming it's even true, if there wasn't even much activity on the old forums, what makes you think that merely changing the wrapper will have any impact on that?

Taleworlds, congratulations. You folks have actually made it HARDER to keep track of where things are.

Eärendil the Mariner

Subforum Moderator
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
Assuming it's even true, if there wasn't even much activity on the old forums, what makes you think that merely changing the wrapper will have any impact on that?
I know that there has been less activity in the last months compared to the years before since I am myself active there :razz:
And changing the naming of 'Modding Q&A' to 'Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers] ' gives people who are not aware what Q&A means a better orientation.