Welcome Message

Users who are viewing this thread

Something like this?

HJLWd.png

Still working on few stuff though.
Looks great.

Dark base color disturbs my eyes. Please add a light background, I don't care if it's the old color or something else.

Posts are in wrong order. It's okay for people not logged in but I don't want to click more to read the new posts.
Thanks

no offense but new forum looks very bad xd, you could just change smfs theme to something like that: https://www.holdfastgame.com/forum/
Sadly, SMF development slowed to a crawl several years ago. Version 2.1 beta first released back in 2014, and it's still not reached a stable release. I am indeed disappointed, because SMF has been a great free forum software, but the development cycle is far too slow at this point to viable.

Just for reference, IPB is a bit of a bloated mess on the backend. XenForo has a much more robust and better performing backend with better security practices used throughout. I'm not as interested in arguments over which looks better by default, which is subjective anyway.

BTW, there IS a light theme guys, bottom footer left "default style" and play with it, just the white and blue one.
Let's be honest, nobody has the courage to use the light theme, instead we will linger in the dark theme for eternity :xf-tongue:
Great job devs, i like the new forums, the old forums desperately needed a makeover.
Now we wait until March !

Something like this?

HJLWd.png

Still working on few stuff though.

Better, although personally for a light theme I think I'd prefer something similar to the current colour scheme just for consistency with the site, but with the main areas of a lighter colour and black text. Also for some reason looking at your picture I can't help but notice even more how much empty and wasted the background space looks, wish it was filled by some artwork or something, but nothing you can do about that I guess.

Are the devblogs somewhere?

Edit: just found them. But I suggest they could be put somewhere more prominent

"The Herald" or "The Realm" isn't on the front page of the site?

Last edited:
Better, although personally for a light theme I think I'd prefer something similar to the current colour scheme just for consistency with the site, but with the main areas of a lighter colour and black text. Also for some reason looking at your picture I can't help but notice even more how much empty and wasted the background space looks, wish it was filled by some artwork or something, but nothing you can do about that I guess.
Old forum didn't have any artwork at the far background actually, are you referring to the wall-like texture on the panels?
See: https://forums.taleworlds.com/site-old/index.php

Back
Top Bottom