Open Weird laggs appear from time to time

Users who are viewing this thread

Ascarion

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
Sup Community, I've been playing almost for years and never experienced such issues.

Sometimes, not regularly Im lagging like its a serverlagg,but sadly its not. Its just for me. Im moving slower than the rest and a couple of times on the same spot. I'll add a little shortclip including that lagg.

(Ignore the music, was radio :smile:)) )

If I check my, ping,fps,ingame settings,temp,hardware.. No signs of lags.

* In my background I only got teamspeak open and closed everything else, like steam & co.
* All drivers are updated.

* FPS: almost stable 300 fps
* ping: between 10-20
* temperature: cpu: 45, mainboard 30, watercooling 32.

* Graca: GTX1060 6GB
* CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600
* RAM : 16GB DDR4 Trident G Skill 3200Mhz (2x8 dual channel)
* Mainboard: AS ROCK B450M Steel Legend
* hard disc: ssd m2, ssd, hdd, all new, around 1,2tb space left.

If anyone could help me fixing this, I'll happily gift this person a little.

yeah should be on every Server. The weird thing is, sometimes I can play 2-3 hours and it doesnt appear once. And sometimes its just unplayable.

Atm, I'll try to play SP with my lan cabel plugged out, and check if its an internet based lagg or not.

That is not ping/latency related . It is on your side only.

Ok first 300 fps is too high and it can cause that lag that you have . Lower fps to 200 first , also tell me , do you have brand names keyboard and mouse like Logitech , Razer or Steelseries....ect...ect... ? If you do , download their specific gaming software and go to mouse option where you can change DPI and pooling rate , put pooling rate of mouse to 125 hz. having higher pooling rate causesl lags in Warband.

Here is an example how it looks for logitech

ruxrx3A.png

Sup, Thanks for your suggestions.

My mouse is from roccat, and I'll check the pooling rate asap I'm home.
Keyboard is a noname- wishbrand - mechanical keyboard, which was fine from the beginning and didnt seem to be ****.
I already put the FPS lower.

great , if it still lags , well it could be your internet but only if you are on Wifi , than i suggest you to use ethernat cable , its a must for gaming.

Also follow this guide , it will help you optimze your internet a lot.

This is an error that usually occurs. Playing on the server instantly makes it feel like the internet is breaking up and reconnecting. The solution to this is actually very simple.

1-convert wifi connection to cable connection. You may encounter this error occasionally when you have Wifi.
2-if you have changed the DNS settings, take a look at these settings again. It's usually because of this setting.
3-If there is a problem in VDS that provides these servers, you can get this error in the same way. You need to talk to the hosts.
(What I'm talking about; Warband_Server_1 / 2 / 3 etc.)

And finally, if no solution has worked, I want you to rewrite it here. In that case, I can help you better.

Hi guys first of all im not an expert of any thing, but this happend to me aswell and i have a long time doing some test trying to find where is the problem, so i think the problem is the way the information is sent between the server and your pc (you shouldn't have this problems playing in singleplayer or in your own server with 0 ping).

The first problem: this game is old and looks like dont support well the high polling rates of this new mouses (1000hz or 500hz, even with 250hz u can have a bit of lag).Looks like Keyboards polling rate doesn't affect the game, before i used a cheap 125hz keyboard, now i have a mechanical one with 500hz of polling rate but dont make me lag.

The second problem: the higher is your framerate more lag you going to have and more strange things going to happend in your screen, i think this have some relation with the tickrate of the servers, when i host a server in my own pc the tickrate of the server is 100fps with some spikes to 125 so i can imagine the community servers have the same tickrates, but if the servers are just bad or have alot of people inside, the tickrate should be lower. So if your framerate is above the tickrate of the server the game engine have to create some invented-imaginary frames because the server is sending you only 100-125 frames or less, so the game engine just can start to show you some things in your screen that are not really happening in the server or for other players. As i said this dont happend in singleplayer, only in multiplayer at least for me.

Conclusion and solution for me: you have to decrease your framerate, if 300fps make you lag try 200, if keep lagging try 150, 144, 120, 100... But if you want to play at 300+ fps you have to change the polling rate of your mouse to 125hz or 250hz, 500hz going to keep lagging. I dont know if this problem have some relation with the internet or hardware of your pc because i didn't tried other routers or hardware.

Sorry about my english if i make some mistakes writing. Btw here are my pc specs: amd rx580 8gb, i5 10400f, 16gb ram at 3200 mhz, game installed in a hdd and i play with an ethernet cable (10m long)

UPDATE: I was wrong in the second point, i have been doing some test about the connection with the servers and looks like the real tickrate of the servers are around 30hz (client and server packets around 30), the problem come when you are running the game at high framerates and high polling rate in the mouse, this causes that the client packets sent to the server have some big spikes, so become unstable. Probably there are some problems with the interpolation technique of the game as well.

Last edited:
in the first clip of the video u can see what im talking about, i was playing there with 300 fps and 1000hz mouse polling rate, for some reason long time ago i just dicovered the lag start when you are attacking and blocking specially down attack and when u are using the horse and you crash some player. If you guys want to see this type of lag just cap your game at 999fps and set your mouse at 1000hz of polling rate, then just join any server that allow you to play at 999fps (ludus server, eu duel...) then start to feint with your weapon fast when you are moving and enjoy :smile:

Back
Top Bottom