Weird glitch for crafted 1-handed weapons grips/handles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Castics

Recruit
Hello, i seem to have stumbled over a bug/glitch that appears with certain grips/handles when using the smithing skill to craft weapons.
Sorry for any spelling errors, as english isn't my first language.

It seems that the positioning of the characters hand is wrong and is physically pushing through the guard, onto the blade:
cGnoD.png

I recreated this problem with:
Silver Inlaid Engraved Reinforced Grip.
Decorated Eastern Ild Grip.
Gold Bound Decorated Steel Grip.
[These are all tier 5].
I noted that all these grips moved the position of the sword in the preview picture of the weapon i was crafting.

These were all done without mods in the e.1.4.2 patch.

If a post has been created about this already and/or if this has been addressed already by the devs, then i am sorry if i wasted some time and space.

Edit: I made a gif that shows the positioning of the sword in the smithing preview.

dIcc3.gif

The completely golden grip works fine and has a different positioning in the preview.
I know this can be coincidental, but i thought i'd bring it up anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been noticing this too recently after crafting a bunch of varying one handed swords. Probably low on their priority list of fixes, but good thread anyway. Hopefully a dev notices.

The "finger over guard" grip technique is an actual, historic, grip. It improves point control, and can give strikes a more natural feeling flow during cut-and-thrust combat. This is one of the reasons that some swords were not sharpened all the way down to the guard, and there are examples of swords with a ring at the base of the blade to protect the finger. Swept guards on rapiers are a commonly seen evolution of that protective ring.

That's something I probably wouldn't ever notice, tbh. What really bothers me is how some of the polearms, when you add the extra piece below the blade, there's a big gap so the blade just floats in the air.

Shades_o_grey.

If that was the case it would be nice, but since it appears with the change of handle rather than blade (or a combo of the two) it seems more like a bug rather than a style choice.
Don't misunderstand me, i like the idea of the pc changing grip based on weapons, but it seems more like a bug rather than a feature.

Back
Top Bottom