Weight applied for armor in blender, but failed to come out in game..

Users who are viewing this thread

Please help.. i got this problem in 3d modelling :

- i am trying to edit some armor.. the armor is rigged and already in FBX format..
- i import it in blender, then delete some parts i don't want.. that model already has skeleton
- after that i create a part from scratch then joint it with the imported rigged model.. the weight somehow not transferred to my new parts.. check it in weight paint and my new parts are just plain.. try to simulate with pose mode, the parts doesn't react to anything.. i've seen some tutorials that joining it is enough to get the weight transferred..
- so i try to automatically add the weights, by set parent the joined object to skeleton and set automatic transfer weights.
- now my new parts has weight paint on it.. and trying pose mode my new parts just works fine when i move some bones..
- then i export my joined object.. i check the option selected object (so the skeleton won't exported), uncheck the option add leaf bones when exporting it..
- then i added it to module with modding kit..
- but when i try it in game, the new parts just weightless.. the armor parts is just flying in my torso.. weirdly though, the parts from original model that i keep, still retain their weight.. reacting to the movement..

what did i do wrong?

The new part that you added, what material does it have?
i made a new material and new textures.. has it's own UVmap, but when joined, it's merged (made it with same name with the original parts), but the texture images still different from the original parts.. still it works in game though.. everything works except the weight..

Upvote 0
The modding kit. The new material needs to have skinning enabled.
i checked that.. found it in vertex colours option but still not work.. but.. i had found a work around.. found a step by step tutorial which very convenient.. it seems i made a mistake during exporting and importing the mesh.. i didn't name the skeleton to "unused" in blender, then only selecting the armor when exporting.. and when importing, i select as vertex animation not as morph animation..

really need to catch every detail eh.. got stressed up for whole weeks because of this.. =_=

thx guys!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom