Weekly Saturday Shieldbattle [EU] (Dead and Buried)

Users who are viewing this thread

The rules have changed! Here are the important changes, read all in the 1st post!

- Listen to the hosts. Ignoring the red admin text will result in immediate punishment.
  +Appeals will be listened to only after the events. Complaining about punishments during the event will result in a 1 hour ban.
- Keep the global chat civilized. You aren't nearly as funny as you might think.

Fighting:
- An entire group of people running off to camp in a corner of the map without their entire team present is not allowed.
- Remain as a group of no less than 3 people. Straying from the group (and then fighting/ramboing) will be punished.
  + Clan members will receive an immediate kick, public players (pubbers) will receive a warning first.
+ Sidenote: You do not have to fight as lines and once fighting starts, all bets are off. But before and after: Stay in group

Equipment
Class restrictions may vary battle to battle.
- Elite/noble/triarivs/heavy infantry allowed for 1 in 5 players or 2-3 out of about 10 per clan.
- If you have a shield and a spear, you're required to have both equipped. This to avoid what essentially counts as an exploit.
- There are no rules regarding the usage of ranged weaponry.

To reiterate: Stay together in battle and keep the chat quiet. If you spot something wrong, inform the admins in a reasonable manner, whining will only get you ignored.

These are pretty good additions!  :wink:

Could you by chance elaborate on the "- Elite/noble/triarivs/heavy infantry allowed for a couple of people per clan." rule? Would it be based on the size of the clan or will it only be a handful of people regardless of size (2-3)?

Déorláf said:
These are pretty good additions!  :wink:

Could you by chance elaborate on the "- Elite/noble/triarivs/heavy infantry allowed for a couple of people per clan." rule? Would it be based on the size of the clan or will it only be a handful of people regardless of size (2-3)?

Let's hope they work well too :smile: As for the question: 1 in 5, or about 2-3 out of ~10. Won't start doing headcounts mid-round :razz: (if you have less than 5, you can still take 1). Do need to make that a bit clearer in the rules..

Hello everyone who happens to still read this thread. I must regretfully announce that I need a break from hosting weekly. I'll do my best to find replacement hosts and hopefully the event can continue while I recharge my batteries. On that note, let me know if you reckon you can help with hosting. Steam link here.

For what it's worth, not having a summer break was a huge mistake, contributing directly to the current situation. One final thing, that I assume will be completely ignored: messaging me with anything Shieldbattle related that isn't, "I could help with hosting", will result in a response of, "Go **** yourself" and an indiscriminate block.

Due dilligence:
From what I saw, Lochagos Arsenius and Achilles, both of the Pergamon clan, are hereby warned and possibly barred.
They should know better than deliberately breaking explicitly stated rules by flanking as lonewolves, long ahead of the pike formation. Especially as officers.

Thank you all for tonight's little excursion. You never know when or if a next shieldbattle might occur.  :wink:

Clan Name: -Ferox Legion XXI
CO's Steam Name: -[58th_KF]_Fma_Striker[15thOH]
Faction: -Romani
Class: -Heavy Infantry/Archer
Attendance: -1-10

Starting this week I'll be taking care of hosting the event once more :party: barring pub trips :iamamoron:

ibi said:
Clan Name: -Ferox Legion XXI
CO's Steam Name: -[58th_KF]_Fma_Striker[15thOH]
Faction: -Romani
Class: -Heavy Infantry/Archer
Attendance: -1-10

Noted, though would've preferred you use the form in the first post as that leaves things less ambiguous.

The event, as hosted by me, will be taking a break until the eventual 2.6 release of the mod. Also getting a new server would be part of the requirements.

Back
Top Bottom