Weekend Tutoring | Any Class

Users who are viewing this thread

Lets stop talking about who is in your opinion worthy of tutoring new players and focus on the positive side of this thread.
And that is helping new members understand game bit better.
Best of luck Eduard!

To Eduard: If I may suggest something. Improve OP a bit, add links to your contacts (Steam mainly), times when you are usually available and such. Make it as easy for new TW users as possible :wink:

๖Kern said:
Efe Karacar said:
Guaccmoleboy said:
ur not good enough to tutor

This. Also - the fact that the entire system PRIMARILY based around to one person is just annoying, then whether you calling others to join or not is just laughable.

This is not how you do it, you should research better.

I am not going to tutor 50 people, I am going to tutor one-two people at a time. And to be honest, I am pretty sure I can teach a person some stuff. You together with Guacc are people that have no clue how I play. Guacc is just salt factory that hasn’t played a single match with me and keeps bantering me since 2014 because I called him braindead. And you Belendor, you also played a minimum amount of matches with me/against me. So I don’t understand how is that relevant. I do not consider myself a top tier player and I do not plan to “create” ones, yet, I am able to teach people.

You said I shouldn’t do it this way, but why? Who are you to tell me how should I do stuff? If you feel like you can do better, then go and do it. I am not going to research anything, I will do it my own way, thanks. - I gave people an option to join, I could have formed a team for this purpose. I didn’t - The End.

You are no different, then. I just don't understand how you can help improve new players when you are so easily heated over the first bad opinion you encounter but whatever - good luck man!

Efe Karacar said:
๖Kern said:
Efe Karacar said:
Guaccmoleboy said:
ur not good enough to tutor

This. Also - the fact that the entire system PRIMARILY based around to one person is just annoying, then whether you calling others to join or not is just laughable.

This is not how you do it, you should research better.

I am not going to tutor 50 people, I am going to tutor one-two people at a time. And to be honest, I am pretty sure I can teach a person some stuff. You together with Guacc are people that have no clue how I play. Guacc is just salt factory that hasn’t played a single match with me and keeps bantering me since 2014 because I called him braindead. And you Belendor, you also played a minimum amount of matches with me/against me. So I don’t understand how is that relevant. I do not consider myself a top tier player and I do not plan to “create” ones, yet, I am able to teach people.

You said I shouldn’t do it this way, but why? Who are you to tell me how should I do stuff? If you feel like you can do better, then go and do it. I am not going to research anything, I will do it my own way, thanks. - I gave people an option to join, I could have formed a team for this purpose. I didn’t - The End.

You are no different, then. I just don't understand how you can help improve new players when you are so easily heated over the first bad opinion you encounter but whatever - good luck man!

That's an assumption which if you believe me, I will negate. I am not heated at all, that's exactly the opposite that person should do in these kinds of forum debates... :roll:
You can find this aggressive "breath" in a lot of my posts.

Erminas said:
Lets stop talking about who is in your opinion worthy of tutoring new players and focus on the positive side of this thread.
And that is helping new members understand game bit better.
Best of luck Eduard!

To Eduard: If I may suggest something. Improve OP a bit, add links to your contacts (Steam mainly), times when you are usually available and such. Make it as easy for new TW users as possible :wink:

Thank you and yeah... but it has been a long day so I'll keep that for later :smile:

The_Troubadour said:
Damn. Y’all are vicious.

This guy is trying to help out potential new players who could breathe new life into the dead MP scene and people want to take a **** on him? He doesn’t need to be top tier to get someone started. Phil Jackson coached Michael Jordan. Phil Jackson was never better than Michael Jordan in basketball, yet his coaching helped regardless.

This same type of **** happens with new players, too. People dump on anyone they don’t consider “top tier” and drive them away. It’s really no surprise that people don’t join our community since it seems mostly dominated by teenage bullies. Adults don’t have time for that, and other younger folks are hurt by it.

Good luck Kern.

mentorship programs dont work lol. the players that join are existing comp players or newbies that quit after max 6 months. its really naive to think hosting them will make the community flourish (tho ill admit prolly isnt the goal of what kern is doing here). if you want evidence, you can look in the forums and find the dozens of dead mentorship programs with players who signed up that u cant recognize.

im actually gonna call you an idiot/really pretty stupid if you continue to think that player toxicity is the main problem to new players entering the competitive scene. clearly after 6 years of playing this game u must have realized that this community is barely toxic, other strong competitive titles have more toxic communities, and that warband wasnt meant to cater to a competitive audience!! i can write an essay on this sh*t lol. adults arent playing warband because they dont have time for "teenage bullies"? you're kidding me haha

kern, if you truly wish to help the community, id strongly advise creating a competitive team and recruiting newer players and mentoring them through that, or replicating what nexoner has done with rookie league etc. from what ive seen, nexoner has actually introduce a lot of new players to the scene with his tournaments directed at rookie teams. please dont make another failure mentorship program.

edit:

troub ur also retarded for using michael jordan, some basketball prodigy before going under phil, and phil who already had experience in coaching and playing prior to jackson. you cant compare these to warband mentorship programs. they're in two different universes of difference

and i dont approve of this. nothing will amount from this, i guarantee

I originally signed up to a mentor/mentee program back in 2012/2013 and got helped by LeRoux, who also introduced me to the BeNe community and helped me further into the competitive scene. Later on, Blacktide helped me improve my melee through a similar system. Saying these systems don't work is based on nothing.

Kane and Ciiges helped me to learn to play cavalry in native when i tried the competitive scene and came from mercenaries mod. Kane helped a lot and he didn't need to be a good cavalry to help me improve at it. Doesn't matter if someone isn't a top tier player they can still help people improve.

Also you will probably need more tutors since people have very different styles of playing their respective classes so I think you may need multiple peoples input to really help a new player find their style and make it work for them. For example Surkan has a very aggressive style but not all cavalry like to fight before the flag spawn and like to stay next to their team.

Also GL  :grin:

Surkan said:
I originally signed up to a mentor/mentee program back in 2012/2013 and got helped by LeRoux, who also introduced me to the BeNe community and helped me further into the competitive scene. Later on, Blacktide helped me improve my melee through a similar system. Saying these systems don't work is based on nothing.

Personally, my experience with mentorship programs has not been great. I believe I was in some mentorship program in 2014/15, where I learned the basics of the game and understood better the competitive mindset. I also joined a program as a mentor later in my career, which did not go so well. I think my mentee stopped responding and eventually left after about a month, which I think represent a  large majority of player interactions within these programs. In retrospect I do not see how these two mentor programs I was in as truly aiding in fostering the competitive scene. It's great that you had a positive interaction within the mentorship program but, at least in NA, I do not see many players who have had a similar experience to you who stayed in the scene for a large duration of time. I will try to dig up the old threads for these but anecdotally speaking, that is my impression of mentorship programs.

The majority of my experience came from playing with entry level clans, making connections and using them as teachers to further my competitive growth. I learned proper infantry from clan mates, and understood game sense from commanders. I would say that there's a certain limit that a mentor and mentee can have within a superficial training relationship, where basic mechanics can be learned but I doubt anything else beyond that. A mentor in a program can't really tell you why you die first in the infantry fight or why cavalry always kill you from behind, these are things learned from playing competitive.

Truly helping in developing the competitive scene can actually be done in multiple ways, they all require a bit of effort however which mentorship programs also lack. The main way would be levening the entry barrier for new players to get started in competitive in the first place. Surprisingly, the matchmaking system Grimsight developed was actually pretty useful in doing this and I saw several newer players who I've not seen previously playing in a competitive environment. A more do-able method would be to reintroduce clan applications and so forth. This is actually how I got started in Native, I had some informal application to TMW and was accepted as a trial member for the clan. This allowed me to experience so much of what competitive had to offer. Meanwhile nowadays its extremely difficult to get into clans as most of them are formed between existing competitive players or tight knit friend groups. Clans like DoF, GK and TMW just aren't around anymore. Another method that I actually did was host pickup parties, which are another way to introduce new players to playing competitive in a casual setting. I did this through WBANT, and yes it had its flaws but several new players were regular attendees and it was quite enjoyable before it died out. Then of course you can host tournaments directed to newer players, like Nexoner has done and he actually has fostered the scene quite a bit with RFC (??) and his other tournies. Lots of new names on those rosters lists.

Mentorship programs seem to only develop basic skills and personally, I haven't seen anything come out of them. I guess it also helps with networking, but a good amount of players in mentorship programs already have some clan experience. I really don't think a casual and pretty superficial weekend tutoring is going to change anything, sorry. I'd honestly help you organise some other things if you want but you prolly dont want to be associated with me. Also sorry for the insults @ troub but I still stand by my points

Kohath said:
Always nice to see someone trying to help new people. Best of luck, Eduard!
My thoughts exactly.

E: And people saying you aren't good enough is an utter lie imo. I think you are a good all-classer, and am sure you will be able to help some people improve.

KaneMaB said:
Kohath said:
Always nice to see someone trying to help new people. Best of luck, Eduard!
My thoughts exactly.

E: And people saying you aren't good enough is an utter lie imo. I think you are a good all-classer, and am sure you will be able to help some people improve.

Especially when people saying that are worse than him haha

whats the point of tutoring for an old and dead game when bannerlord is coming out in under a yesr

I think time would be better spent on curating a video tutorial thread to help new players with mechanics from multiple creators. Mentorship relies too much on 2 people giving up their time, having a good relationship and able to work together, etc.

lolbash said:
whats the point when bannerlord is coming out in under a yesr

Alene said:
Happy New Year 2014, may this be the year when Bannerlord comes out.
Timohept said:
with Bannerlord around the corner
AxiosXiphos said:
with bannerlord only around the corner
Elendil said:
with Bannerlord just around the corner
wrwlf said:
Llew said:
Bannerlord is just around the corner
Le Roux said:
Bannerlord is (finally and once again) around the corner.
Harkyn said:
Bannerlord is around the corner
Pilum said:
Bannerlord is right around the corner
viperswhip said:
Corsair831 said:
especially with Bannerlord around the corner
_Sparhawk_ said:
Bannerlord, which should be right around the corner
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Bannerlord seems around the corner

How many more years will it be before we learn that "because Bannerlord is around the corner" isn't a good reason to stop things from happening now?

Yeah but hosting a mentorship program, albeit a more casual version than other programs, is definitely not a good thing. Sorry for being so critical but I don't really understand the thought process either. You're gonna attract new players through a forum post (where 99% of members active on this board are already established competitive players) in an already very depleted player base?? And only 1-2 people?? You probably don't even have enough game sense or mechanical skill to teach anything really valuable to a newer player. Do something else if you're actually concerned for the competitive scene. If you're just doing this for fun, have fun wasting your time I guess

Back
Top Bottom