Weapon switch delay (re-up from Hairless thread) - must be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

The issue was being able to cancel your attack with a weapons switch too late into the swing. So we will test out giving it the same time window where you can cancel your attack with RMB.
This would feel better, but not really convinced the weapon switching during an attack was ever an issue that couldn't be solved with a slower weapon switch. Sounds like this would still create situations where the game would ignore input e.g. during the "bump" with a bow or javs out, or during a slower attack end such as shooting or stabbing with spear. I'd rather have it feel reactive and instant, but leaving a decent punish window. If the punish was there, there's no advantage to switching weapon mid attack.

The issue was being able to cancel your attack with a weapons switch too late into the swing. So we will test out giving it the same time window where you can cancel your attack with RMB.
There are a lot of weapons (voulge, bastard...) that can be cancelled far too late into the swing and combined with how fast they are and how there is no turncap, it becomes even worse. Why the sudden attention to the similar issue wich has far less potential for abusing?

Had my first experience with this today. What the hell is the point? I don't get why it's always those aspects of the gameplay that don't need changes that are seeing these bizarre alterations for the sake of balancing. I get it only really affects archers. I said it last patch, archers already behave like they are one patch away from having to ride around in a wheelchair. Just nerf the damage if they are too powerful and stop throwing more unintuitive bull**** into the equation.

Switching weapons feels clunky as hell, and it created a way bigger problem than it was supposed to solve. Any intention to adress this problem?

Had my first experience with this today. What the hell is the point? I don't get why it's always those aspects of the gameplay that don't need changes that are seeing these bizarre alterations for the sake of balancing. I get it only really affects archers. I said it last patch, archers already behave like they are one patch away from having to ride around in a wheelchair. Just nerf the damage if they are too powerful and stop throwing more unintuitive bull**** into the equation.
It screws over horse archers the most. You always want to change between bow and sword to block
Dont's forget the Skirmishers as they often want to throw at short distance just before melee.

Dont's forget the Skirmishers as they often want to throw at short distance just before melee.
That was the reason for introducing the delay. I think the way skirmishers could throw at melee range was indeed a problem. But the switch delay is not needed for sword and spear swing.

Back
Top Bottom