Weapon switch delay (re-up from Hairless thread) - must be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Being able to switch between weapons during an attack release is no longer possible.
This change is the worst change that makes the game feel clunky and overall makes experience very bad. I don't see a single reason behind this change. Not being able to cancel swing with switch weapon input is a really bad change and should be reverted asap, as I can't see a single reason of that being a thing/making positive change to the game.
I know this is in tech support now but just want to emphasise just how bad and clunky this feels. A really dreadful addition.

It's completely fine to have a delay on switching weapons to allow punishment for being caught out etc, but the game must still remember your decision to change weapon and complete it. This already felt awful when you were archer and trying to change weapon but a cav was pushing you around and so you literally couldn't, you have now extended this feeling to all weapons. Awful.

I find it most annoying when using a throwable: After the throw the character will first draw the next weapon and only switch when he has the next projectile ready.
It's really clunky and inintuitive: I already have an empty hand after throwing. Why draw a spear just to put it away and draw the sword instead?

Nerfing it across the board probably makes the weapon switch +25% speed buff perk on archers seem stronger than it would have otherwise, but IMO it would be better if all classes felt smooth again instead and they came up with a different perk.

Last edited:
To me this is one of those (and there have been a number of them since march 2020) small, out of nowhere changes that just reaffirm to the community that the people making the balance decisions do not fully understand the core combat of the game they are in charge of, and would do very well to bring in outside help.

Other stuff like this off the top of my head
  • Fiann in beta being broken overpowered because, I quote "It was fun to play as." With the reason that the class was fun to play being because whoever picked it pretty much became the protagonist of the server. Whoever made this decision completely failed to realize that this was for a multiplayer game and that there are also players on the other team who want to have fun.
  • The insistence for months that block delay was a good thing and needed to stay.
  • The whole saga with crush through where we over and over said it would not be a good idea and then it wasnt a good idea and took 7 months to revert.
  • Randomly making Khuzait infantry cost more, breaking multiple gold thresholds and further kneecapping the weakest faction.
  • The random addition of the looter perk which gives Cav classes RNG mechanics for some reason.
  • I dont remember the details but there was some change to Wildling that pissed me off at the time.
  • The 4 month long struggle to balance light class jav spam and pila spam only to see it return even stronger in a single patch, completely undoing months of piecemeal balancing and tweaking.
While none of these changes by themselves are enough to break the game, they are all unasked for, negative, and sing a unified song about the decision making process and understanding of game mechanics when it comes to development.

To me this is one of those (and there have been a number of them since march 2020) small, out of nowhere changes that just reaffirm to the community that the people making the balance decisions do not fully understand the core combat of the game they are in charge of, and would do very well to bring in outside help.

Other stuff like this off the top of my head
  • Fiann in beta being broken overpowered because, I quote "It was fun to play as." With the reason that the class was fun to play being because whoever picked it pretty much became the protagonist of the server. Whoever made this decision completely failed to realize that this was for a multiplayer game and that there are also players on the other team who want to have fun.
  • The insistence for months that block delay was a good thing and needed to stay.
  • The whole saga with crush through where we over and over said it would not be a good idea and then it wasnt a good idea and took 7 months to revert.
  • Randomly making Khuzait infantry cost more, breaking multiple gold thresholds and further kneecapping the weakest faction.
  • The random addition of the looter perk which gives Cav classes RNG mechanics for some reason.
  • I dont remember the details but there was some change to Wildling that pissed me off at the time.
  • The 4 month long struggle to balance light class jav spam and pila spam only to see it return even stronger in a single patch, completely undoing months of piecemeal balancing and tweaking.
While none of these changes by themselves are enough to break the game, they are all unasked for, negative, and sing a unified song about the decision making process and understanding of game mechanics when it comes to development.
I missed a special mention of the menavlion and the glaive on horseback, but I quite agree. Your comment reminded me of this one from Noudelle (a hug wherever you are, mate).

And when you throw you last javelin - you need now to manually draw your weapon. So, if you got hit at this very moment, you will stay empty-handed.

I find it most annoying when using a throwable: After the throw the character will first draw the next weapon and only switch when he has the next projectile ready.
It's really clunky and inintuitive: I already have an empty hand after throwing. Why draw a spear just to put it away and draw the sword instead?
The same is true for the bow. It's terrible

Back
Top Bottom