weapon categories

Users who are viewing this thread

Oskatat

Squire
I'm getting a bit annoyed with the melee weapons. I'm trying to raise companion stats in their melee weapon, but There is no indication wether a weapon is military or civilian fencing. A light cavalry sabre uses civilian fencing for example (tried some weapons in a barracks training match), while definately being a sabre. And how about 1 handed axes? 2 handed axes? I did a search here (using forum search so probably did it wrong) and it turned up nothing useful. A little help would be apreciated.

Berthout said:
Because there are no two-handed weapons I changed the melee proficiencies into the following:

Civilian fencing (small swords, rapiers) tend to be thrust weapons only. They are faster then military fencing weapons but cannot be used on horseback and are more useful in a duel then in a confusing battle were there is often less place to keep a distance between you and your enemy.
Military fencing (sabres and cavalry swords) are generally slashing weapons. But most can also thrust and a few of them can only thrust.
Polearmes (lances and bayonets) stay the same as in native.
So the few weapons that are only really effective if you stab with them (Small Sword; Rapier; Infantry Sword; Dagger) are Civilian melee weapons. The other weapons, the military Swords and Sabres, are Military melee weapons.

Captured Joe said:
Berthout said:
Because there are no two-handed weapons I changed the melee proficiencies into the following:

Civilian fencing (small swords, rapiers) tend to be thrust weapons only. They are faster then military fencing weapons but cannot be used on horseback and are more useful in a duel then in a confusing battle were there is often less place to keep a distance between you and your enemy.
Military fencing (sabres and cavalry swords) are generally slashing weapons. But most can also thrust and a few of them can only thrust.
Polearmes (lances and bayonets) stay the same as in native.
So the few weapons that are only really effective if you stab with them (Small Sword; Rapier; Infantry Sword; Dagger) are Civilian melee weapons. The other weapons, the military Swords and Sabres, are Military melee weapons.

so if stabbing damage is higher it is civ, slashing is higher it is military? since, as I said, the light cavalry sabre improved civilian fencing, I'm sorry to doubt it

Back
Top Bottom