Weapon blur effect

How do you like the blur effect on swords and maces?

• it's fine

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • fix it

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

juicemaestro

Sergeant
I guess this is not really a bug but could use some tweaking. The swing blur effect for swords and maces is too extreme as they almost disappear for the duration of the animation, and the effect transition doesn't look smooth. The spear overhead swing blur is perfect in comparison.

mb3crop.jpg
mb14crop.jpg
mb23crop.jpg

I voted for fix it because that looks awful but I don't actually care because my graphics settings are so low I don't seem to have this issue :razz:

I think blur-shadow is fine as long as the weapon itself remains 100% opaque (visible) 100% of time. Shadows/trails/blurs/afterimages/masks - whatever is fine, as long as the mace/sword doesn't vanish itself. You can't really move it faster than the speed of light without breaking a bone or many  :mrgreen:

I think it IS a bug, it was fine before. When modding I thought I did something wrong with the model, but than I saw that it was in Native too, looks terrible.

Shinigami said:
I think blur-shadow is fine as long as the weapon itself remains 100% opaque (visible) 100% of time. Shadows/trails/blurs/afterimages/masks - whatever is fine, as long as the mace/sword doesn't vanish itself. You can't really move it faster than the speed of light without breaking a bone or many  :mrgreen:

I think this is how it's done with the spears as they don't seem to disappear, and it looks fine.

The light speed effect does not really fit the slower animations.

Slow mace with blur effect certainly looks... wonderful  :lol:
Encountered and think it needs fixing - I'm still fine with weapon trails (I'm for them, actually), but I see no reason to make the weapon less than 80% opaque (invisible, transparent, should either be completely visible or just slightly transparent, current blurring is way over the top, IMO).

I have all effects activated, everything on max. detail (except AA on 2x) in dx9, and i have no motion blur. Maybe its a bug? It doesnt look like a feature.

Naut0r said:
I have all effects activated, everything on max. detail (except AA on 2x) in dx9, and i have no motion blur. Maybe its a bug? It doesnt look like a feature.
It IS a feature.  And it is overdone.  Unless you have 500 proficiency that much blur doesn't make sense.
It also doesn't show up in dx7 mode.
Shinigami said:
Slow mace with blur effect certainly looks... wonderful  :lol:
Encountered and think it needs fixing - I'm still fine with weapon trails (I'm for them, actually), but I see no reason to make the weapon less than 80% opaque (invisible, transparent, should either be completely visible or just slightly transparent, current blurring is way over the top, IMO).
This is the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom