Weapon balances?

Users who are viewing this thread

NightHawkreal said:
The French have a grenade, which flies as far away as the German and it does not have a timer?

Both nations have grenades that explode on impact. Germany has less then France but they can throw their's farther. France has more grenades but you can't throw them as far. So let's recap:

Germany: Farther throwing grenades, instant exploding grenades. (2 Points)

France: Extra grenades, instant exploding grenades. (2 Points)

To be honest I found grenades OP.

Nothing worse than a well built sapper defense just destroyed in a matter of seconds from a long ranged stormtrooper.

Skot the Sanguine said:
Antopathos said:
Also, in my opinion, rifles taking time to aim is just untrue. An empty G98 is just 400 grams heavier than an empty RK62...

Not sure what you mean here, it always takes time to aim an accurate shot.  This goes with any rifle where you are not using volume of fire to compensate, presumably like you do with an RK62.  If I didn't take a couple seconds to aim a shot with the Kar 98 I own I would easily miss any man-sized target at 100 yards and many at 50 yards.  It takes a couple moments to reposition your eye behind the front and rear sights and line them up properly, a process one needs to repeat after every shot since it is a bolt action rifle (unlike the RK62).  Just placing iron sights in the game wouldn't emulate the difficulty of aiming because games don't replicate the fact that no one cheeks the stock perfectly each time they take aim and it requires micro adjustments (moving your head up, down, left, or right as necessary) to line it up right.  A slower tightening targeting reticle might better represent this.

Oh, and also weight alone doesn't reflect difference in difficulty aiming.  More of the weight of an RK62 is closer to the soldier and not ahead of the forward arm (the one not pulling the trigger) while the Gewehr has more weight in the front, the leverage of which makes it more challenging to aim quickly.
It's true that I haven't tried holding a long rifle, but it shouldn't be too much different. It certainly doesn't take much more than a second to raise the RK62 and down a target at 50m standing with a single shot... and I'm just a conscript with straw hands.

Vasilio said:
Nothing worse than a well built sapper defense just destroyed in a matter of seconds from a long ranged stormtrooper.

Would be nice if only artillery explosions did that, not sure if such a thing is possible though.

As for aiming a rifle, it depends on numerous factors (whether you are standing, kneeling, or prone for example).  You are right in that it wouldn't take much more than a second to shoot at a man-sized target at 50 meters.  However, a moving target is more challenging.  Similarly, aiming for a specific point of the target increases the difficulty (instead of intending to hit the target anywhere).  The issue most relevant is the need to re-aim (and reposition one's head) after each shot with a bolt action rifle as opposed to a weapon like the RK62 which allows you to keep it in the same general spot.  Finally, the weight distribution of the weapon makes the Gewehr 98 and similar rifles more difficult to maintain aim with over time (more weapon sway in video game vernacular), which is least pronounced in a prone position and most standing/shooting offhand.

The issue most relevant is the need to re-aim (and reposition one's head) after each shot with a bolt action rifle as opposed to a weapon like the RK62
During the shoots where our results actually counted for something, we always laid our aim down. In prone, the stock had to touch the ground, and we got a few seconds to down the target with a single that pops up at 150m. Same with kneeling and standing IIRC, except that standing was done with 50m.

However, with prone and kneeling, the magazine acted as a monopod of sorts. We were taught to use it that way - it would've been harder to aim if we had to hold the rifle more.

The accuracies of normal rifles, sniper rifles and pistols definitely need to be decreased. The sniper rifles are especially over powered.

guys guys! I think we are missing a the point here! The lightsaber doesn't kill people in one hit and the Angry elephant is not strong enough. :razz: But no really, during an event I got shot with a pistol while on mortars! The guy was on the other side of the map!

Back
Top Bottom