Weapon balances?

Users who are viewing this thread

NightHawkreal said:
I do not see the point, the rifle is still better than a pistol, and is the main weapon.

At even a moderate range the pistol can out shoot the rifle. The firing speed combined with the 2-3 shot kill plus decent accuracy makes the pistol overpowered.

The rifle accuracies are quite insane too. But that's a realism aspect. I was thinking more only on the balance side. A pistol should only be a very close quarter weapon. The fact that the revolver for example gets 6 very rapid and accurate shots isn't good imo.

Well, it could be argued that the rifles are too accurate as well.  Not necessarily due to the weapon's potential but because in the real world it takes time to aim a shot at a decent range.  In the game we can easily move our targeting sight onto the target and know the rifle itself will shoot as if it is hard mounted to a table, which no one in the real world is.

The reality is that all weapon effective ranges are higher in the game than in the real world (with the exception of artillery and MG's).  Whether or not this should be adjusted is another matter.

NightHawkreal said:
One shot is enough for the rifle. Regular rifle almost as a sniper. Especially when you do not care which of enemies to kill.

It's the fire rate, and even then a large chunk of the time the enemy begins to bleed out.

PsykoOps said:
The rifle accuracies are quite insane too. But that's a realism aspect. I was thinking more only on the balance side. A pistol should only be a very close quarter weapon. The fact that the revolver for example gets 6 very rapid and accurate shots isn't good imo.

I agree.

Skot the Sanguine said:
Well, it could be argued that the rifles are too accurate as well.  Not necessarily due to the weapon's potential but because in the real world it takes time to aim a shot at a decent range.  In the game we can easily move our targeting sight onto the target and know the rifle itself will shoot as if it is hard mounted to a table, which no one in the real world is.

The reality is that all weapon effective ranges are higher in the game than in the real world (with the exception of artillery and MG's).  Whether or not this should be adjusted is another matter.

Rifles seem to be a little to accurate as well. You bring up a good point saying that it takes time to aim a shot correctly.

QWW
Bled to death is medical negligence.  :smile:

I do not see any problems with balance. If I need to kill you from a distance, I'll just take the rifle. But with a pistol you have a chance.

NightHawkreal said:
QWW
Bled to death is medical negligence.  :smile:

I do not see any problems with balance. If I need to kill you from a distance, I'll just take the rifle. But with a pistol you have a chance.

It all ties into balance though.

Do the grenades have equal AoE? IIRC, the German grenades had a much smaller kill radius because they weren't designed to fragment; only in WW2 did they start adding fragmentation "sleeves" on them.

Also, in my opinion, rifles taking time to aim is just untrue. An empty G98 is just 400 grams heavier than an empty RK62... The "problem" lies in the sights - there are none in-game. If taking aim blacked out all the view that would realistically be blocked when aiming down iron sights, the "problem" would be fixed, IMO. Hard to implement such though in a good way, especially with third person view. Perhaps changing the crosshair icon to black historical ones would help.

NightHawkreal said:
Heavy grenade has a very small range. Five with timer vs three without a timer.

5 can do more damage in a trench when no one sees them coming because of all the anarchy.

Antopathos said:
Do the grenades have equal AoE? IIRC, the German grenades had a much smaller kill radius because they weren't designed to fragment; only in WW2 did they start adding fragmentation "sleeves" on them.

Also, in my opinion, rifles taking time to aim is just untrue. An empty G98 is just 400 grams heavier than an empty RK62... The "problem" lies in the sights - there are none in-game. If taking aim blacked out all the view that would realistically be blocked when aiming down iron sights, the "problem" would be fixed, IMO. Hard to implement such though in a good way, especially with third person view. Perhaps changing the crosshair icon to black historical ones would help.

Not sure about the grenades, I'll look into it and see if I can check without the Module System.

NightHawkreal said:
Class "Stormtrooper". Grenades on a long handle that fly on a large distance and do not have a timer.

Both factions have grenades without timers. The French trade off longer range for higher quantity of grenades.

I repeat for the umpteenth time, the German grenades are the best. They travel at a great distance and do not have a timer, ie always fatal, there is not a chance to escape. Elite French grenades, suitable only against buildings.

Back
Top Bottom