Weapon animations

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there, I was wondering if it's possible to give a specific weapon unique animations.

So, say for example I have a rapier in game, and give it fencing animations, it will have these animations, but all other 1 handed weapons will have the default animations

Maybe remove say, throwings weapons or crossbows and make the rapier a thing of its own in Throwing Weapon's spot I dunno bout modding just a random guess that might work

Something along those lines is pretty much your only option unless you want a rapier to be a player-only weapon and to use mission template triggers to capture key uses and play animations-on-demand for the rapier, overriding the animations that should be used. Weapon specific animations aren't possible with the engine, so you'll either need a hacky workaround like above or to abandon the notion.

Please use the stickied Q&A thread for questions of this nature in the future.

Caba`drin said:
Something along those lines is pretty much your only option unless you want a rapier to be a player-only weapon and to use mission template triggers to capture key uses and play animations-on-demand for the rapier, overriding the animations that should be used. Weapon specific animations aren't possible with the engine, so you'll either need a hacky workaround like above or to abandon the notion.

Please use the stickied Q&A thread for questions of this nature in the future.

What do you mean by "mission template triggers"? Like using triggers on a specific weapon, to override the default animations and use specified ones instead? Therefore giving that weapon "unique animations"?

Jamould said:
What do you mean by "mission template triggers"? Like using triggers on a specific weapon, to override the default animations and use specified ones instead? Therefore giving that weapon "unique animations"?
He means using triggers for specific missions in module_mission_templates.py, and in these triggers you assign custom animations based on the player's action.

Back
Top Bottom