Weak Pol.Lit. Commonwealth ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Luthor

Recruit
I've just started playing the game, after 30! days Pol.Lit.Commonwealth is slowly losing. They lost 3 towns and castles (to Cossacks, Sweeden and Russian Tsardom) already and their generals are lazy, they dont "gang-up" to defend or attack their enemies. Every day there's a info abaut new town/castle sidge. Have you had simmilar sytuation?

almost half of every game I have played unless they get a string of early victorys and conquests they always seems to end up attacked form all sides and killed  :???:  :smile:

It's a 30th day and I have a small team of veteran polish mercenary cavalry so I can win only in battles with faction scouts  :oops:
I think the problem is that, the P/L Common. generals are not eager to go to war or joining in a large groups. It's probably coded?

Ture that, they always seem divided, rare to see big armies, they start off together but quickly stop fighting in a coordinated manner. I've fought for the Crimeans and the Cossacks and they seem fairly united (Crimeans are very war hungry, and make up for their lack of tech with unity)

The Polish always seem to die. I have found when they go at peace and build their armies and are generally not at war with the Swedish they seem to do better against the Muscovite and the Cossacks.

cossacks are the funnest to fight for me as crimeans since they have no heavy armor and their armies are ripped to bits by musket archer combo army. i usually go (25 seymen/15 janissaries/ 20 mizra chambul/ 10 nokhor/ 30 kapilkulu/other misc units to fill in)

kenski1 said:
almost half of every game I have played unless they get a string of early victorys and conquests they always seems to end up attacked form all sides and killed  :???:  :smile:

Well, that what happened in the 17th century  :roll:

And Polish are not weak. Why don't you get some of their Winged Hussars? They have the longest lances in the game! Seriously.

I know their troopers are strong, I was thinking about the faction, how it's managed when it comes to war etc. But not even Winged Hussars can stop Cossacks plus Sweeden and their 5-8 general armies when attacking with one or two

Cleomenes said:
kenski1 said:

Well, that what happened in the 17th century  :roll:

And Polish are not weak. Why don't you get some of their Winged Hussars? They have the longest lances in the game! Seriously.

Hey ive never played the chaps I meant when ive been fighting them,  :smile: and i never said they were weak in reality its just a game, and i know what happend to them in reality but they still didnt fall till well near the end of the 18th century.  :wink:

They're more likely to take a beating due to their propensity to be engaged in multiple simultaneous wars, without being particularly weak - other factions can find themselves in the same position, and then fare little better.
Every now and then, they even emerge stronger from what at first looks like a thorough thrashing, as it ends up putting them in a much less vulnerable position on the map.

If you need to relieve some of the pressure on them, find a mayor with a peace treaty quest.

i am actually playing out my first game using the pole storyline. 

i found that to keep them alive in the first 100 days or so i had to take missions from mayors to end wars that they were in.  also helped them in siege defense.  70 guys may not be a great help, but i could usually fend off the first wave or two so they lose a TON of guys before i bug out.  i love being a merc.

i am on day 628 and still havn't actually begun the story yet.  wanted to wait until Poland was stable before the stupidly strong Sweeds moved in.  they are constantly moving across our lands with 1500+ armies to attack the cossacks.  i have never seen more than 400 poles in the same place at any one time.

i dont think they will Ever be stable.  i may as well just start the freaking story.
jackx said:
They're more likely to take a beating due to their propensity to be engaged in multiple simultaneous wars, without being particularly weak - other factions can find themselves in the same position, and then fare little better.
Every now and then, they even emerge stronger from what at first looks like a thorough thrashing, as it ends up putting them in a much less vulnerable position on the map.

seriously, why do they want Pskov So bad.  it is so freakin far away.  they loose it, than retake it.  lose it, retake it.  i ended up taking it and i plan on keeping it.

The sooner they lose Smolensk  (and are then subsequently prevented from attempting to re-take it by more immediate concerns), the better for them.

The AI generally uses a weird approach to selecting potential targets for a siege, often going for out-of-the-way places that, while slightly easier to take, will prove impossible to hold, and the Commonwealth, with its wide dispersal of possessions in a central position, suffers from this more than the other factions.
Sweden, the Muscovites and the Crimeans have the borders of the map to nudge them in the right direction, and the Cossack starting position is at least much more consolidated, making a concentrated effort that much more likely.

Cocapelli said:
seriously, why do they want Pskov So bad.  it is so freakin far away.  they loose it, than retake it.  lose it, retake it.  i ended up taking it and i plan on keeping it.

Everybody seems to love Pskov in my game.  The Poles, Russians, Swedes, and Cossaks have all played musical chairs with it.  I finally took it from someone and plan to make sure it stays in my country's (Sweden) hands. 

I'll never understand why any one would want it so bad.  It's not a good trade hub or anything.  In fact when I took it, I made sure I didn't get awarded it.  I have my eyes on better and more lucrative cities. 

Back
Top Bottom