Weak Pol.Lit. Commonwealth ?

Queue

Duke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
Best answers
0
In Warband Swadia were the best faction. In Fire and Sword it's not the same.

Poland:

Pros:

Best Heavy Cavalry 
Reliable Infantry
Good Melee Musketeers

Cons:

Infantry Tends to be Weakly Armoured
Musketeers Don't Match Sweden in Skill
Very Bad Starting Location

Sweden:

Pros:

Best Light Pistol Armed Calvary
Best Infantry
Best Musketeers
Good Starting Location

Cons:

Cavalry's Melee Isn't Quite as Good as the Hussar
Poor Range on the Infantry
Musketeers are Weak at Melee


 

Iarumas

Regular
Best answers
0
Im playing with the Geisa mod pack and the Polish are struggling but they manage to valiantly hold on, Warsaw alone has swapped hands betwen the Russians, Swedish, Cossacks and Polish. In fact their doing a lot better than the Cossacks who only hold about two cities and a handful of fortresses, the rest have been taken over by the Crimeans (which im fighting my own war with since im not aligned with any faction). Also, ive seen their armies in about groups of four or five but that probably because they only have about 40-50 troops each. As far as I checked they have about 13 armies compared to everyone else's 19.
 

Luthor

Recruit
Best answers
0
I made a peace quest from town mayor (between Pol./Lit. Commonwealth - Sweeden), convinced both lords. But after I finished the quest they are still in war. Do I have to do something more or just wait a few days?
 

chargers1783

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
QWW said:
In Warband Swadia were the best faction. In Fire and Sword it's not the same.
Yes, they had a very balanced army that could dominate, I was comparing how both have horrible starting positions and the factions prey on them because they are always at war.
 
Best answers
0
The Poles are actually kicking the crap out of the Swedes right now (aggravating, since I'm a Swede), with the help of the Russians.

They are at war now with the Russians and Crimeans as well, though, so things might get a bit better for Sweden soon.

In any case, in my game they're doing relatively well.
 

chargers1783

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Russia always seems to come in and kick Poland when it's at its weakest. My first ever playthrough Poland had been devestated by a war with the Swedes and right after peace was declared here comes the giant assholes of Russia sweeping right through there.
 
Best answers
0
Mostly nothing game-changing has really happened, because the castles and towns that get taken just get taken right back, so nobody has been able to make any lasting gains.  But Sweden is in a bad way. They still have all their main cities, but Poland consistently has a larger army and shadows their campaigns all the time, unless they're dealing with the silly Muscovites.
 

chargers1783

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Sweden has the most ideal position. They only border Poland and the Muscovites and have that one lone castle or city? In the middle of nowhere in Finland. From there they can strike and take the Muscovites northern territroy and thus move onto the rest of the world. I do feel bad for Poland. Always getting dominated.
 

jackx

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
I'd award the strongest map position to the Muscovites, not just because they have a very secure "base", but also because their most likely enemies, Cossacks and Crimeans, have absolutely nothing for them in sieges. This allows for either a rapid expansion into the Crimean area, or for an easy defense in the south while trying to reap the benefits from the Polish-Swedish wars further north.

Given the AI's incapability to stay out of, or handle, war on multiple fronts, this can be a potentially huge advantage.
In my experience at least, the Muscovites are the ones least likely to find themselves in dire straits even when at war with several other factions.


 

Luthor

Recruit
Best answers
0
Captain Alatrise said:
Mostly nothing game-changing has really happened, because the castles and towns that get taken just get taken right back, so nobody has been able to make any lasting gains.  But Sweden is in a bad way. They still have all their main cities, but Poland consistently has a larger army and shadows their campaigns all the time, unless they're dealing with the silly Muscovites.
That's comforting, for Commonwealth at least :razz:. Wich day do you have in that sytuation? When did they start to fight back and take sidges? In my game (aprox. 40+th days) they are sitting in their holds, doing nothing, and waiting to be crushed by Sweeden or Cossacks
 
Best answers
0
Oh, I'm in day 200+. I think Sweden and Poland have been at war for the bulk of it, but I've only recently joined Sweden more permanently than just being their merc.

They started fighting back fairly soon, but it's kind of sporadic and ineffectual when either side goes on campaign.
 

Maxim Suvorov

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Probably the most simple way to improve the situation with PLC is to increase thier AI-refreshing pool rules (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED DO NOT TOUCH TROOP TYPES!):

From lines:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 10, "trp_swadian_footman"), #troop type
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 11, 20), #count per army re-inforce block Something like 20->23..25
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 12, "trp_swadian_crossbowman"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 13, 10),

up to lines:

(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 152, ms_flag_troop_uniq),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 153, "trp_knight_1_3"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 154, "trp_swadian_sergeant"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 155, 30),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 156, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 157, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 158, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 159, 0),
 

Luthor

Recruit
Best answers
0
Thanks for the tweak, maybe try it some day :smile:.
I started playing all over again. First thing I've done was get to peace with Sweden and after approx. 20 days it seems to work, for now at least. PLC is rather active, raid Cossacks and Tsardom and act like others. Maybe war with 3 factions was so pinning for them, especially tough Sweds... We'll see in future.
 

michaelrym

Recruit
Best answers
0
Maxim Suvorov said:
Probably the most simple way to improve the situation with PLC is to increase thier AI-refreshing pool rules (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED DO NOT TOUCH TROOP TYPES!):

From lines:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 10, "trp_swadian_footman"), #troop type
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 11, 20), #count per army re-inforce block Something like 20->23..25
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 12, "trp_swadian_crossbowman"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 13, 10),

up to lines:

(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 152, ms_flag_troop_uniq),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 153, "trp_knight_1_3"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 154, "trp_swadian_sergeant"),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 155, 30),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 156, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 157, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 158, 0),
(troop_set_slot, "trp_ms_ai_officer_fac1", 159, 0),
Does anyone know which file contains those lines? I've spent a couple of hours but cannot find a file with any troop_set_slot lines.

Please help - it will be very appreciated!
 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Search the net for wfas module system. The file is called module_scripts.py
If you need help search for warband module system documentation.