Weak goidelic players

Users who are viewing this thread

Piédalf

Sergeant at Arms
  I noticed that hey were no strong irish/pictish chest armors. All other cultures has a 50+ armor mail. Even the lighter scale lorica is norse design (you can see norse bandits with it) and it has large pants, unlike irish units (they have regular short pants with celtic design because they have bare calfs). I'd like a lot to get a nice armor with cloak, a modified scale lorica would be nice (I saw a screenshot of mixing brf and that's awesome https://tw.greywool.com/i/MQJv-.jpg).

Maybe we could get it in the mystic circle or at the end of the Eiru quest?

Piédalf said:
  I noticed that hey were no strong irish/pictish chest armors. All other cultures has a 50+ armor mail. Even the lighter scale lorica is norse design (you can see norse bandits with it) and it has large pants, unlike irish units (they have regular short pants with celtic design because they have bare calfs). I'd like a lot to get a nice armor with cloak, a modified scale lorica would be nice (I saw a screenshot of mixing brf and that's awesome https://tw.greywool.com/i/MQJv-.jpg).

Yeah each culture ought to have top tier gear, maybe Ireland doesn't historically make good mail at this time, but its a game and let people roleplay with the culture style they want without being nerfed.

Urban_Viking said:
Piédalf said:

Yeah each culture ought to have top tier gear, maybe Ireland doesn't historically make good mail at this time, but its a game and let people roleplay with the culture style they want without being nerfed.

No!

They have other strengths.

If you want to roleplay a goidelic, then focus on speed and skirmishing and learn the appropriate fighting style and tactics

Temujin said:
Urban_Viking said:
Piédalf said:

No!

If you want to roleplay a goidelic, then focus on speed and skirmishing and learn the appropriate fighting style and tactics

I know, but I'm not talking about units. I say that there is no strong armor (mail or scale) with goidelic features.

Still if they didn't have good mail then they shouldn't get it for the sake of people who want to live up their Irish heritage pride sucking ate mastering their ancestors style of combat in this game.

Heck I roleplay a berserker, I fight naked!

Temujin said:
No!

All "heavy" armors penalize athletics the same. There's no value in a lower armor one except that lower strength characters(which top tier units are not) can use them. Also it'd be nice as a player having a good armor that fits with the aesthetic of your chosen faction if you're playing that way(using only Pictish/Goidelic gear and Pictish troops).

They also don't have great light or medium armor either anyway, which also penalize athletics the same. Norse / Angle and many other faction's lighter armors are just better.

Back
Top Bottom