We were wrong about the class system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Alyss

Grandmaster Knight
After playing the game for more than 6k hours in the past months, I came to the conclusion that Bannerlord's class system is a vast improvement over the one found in Warband. Unlike Warband, Bannerlord allows players to choose from an expansive range of classes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. This allows players to experiment and find a class that suits their playstyle, making the game much more enjoyable and rewarding. We, the alpha testers of the game initially believed that the class system was too limited and that there would be little variety in characters. However, the game's massive growth has proven us wrong.

The class system has expanded to include dozens of unique classes, from warriors, to support, to throwers and more. Each class has its own unique abilities, weapon proficiencies and skill trees. This allows us to create characters that are tailored to our playstyle where we can develop at our own pace. The class system in Mount & Blade Bannerlord is truly superior to that of Warband. It offers an unprecedented level of customization and depth that allows players to create their own unique characters. The sheer variety of classes available allows players to experience a wide range of playstyles, making the game more enjoyable and rewarding.

In addition, the Bannerlord class system is highly balanced, allowing for a more balanced and engaging gameplay experience. The range of classes and their abilities creates a more diverse range of tactics and strategies, making the game more enjoyable to play. The ability to customize your class also gives players a greater sense of ownership over their characters and allows them to better express their playstyle. We were wrong in predicting that Bannerlord's class system would be a disappointment. Finally, the system is highly engaging, balanced, and customizable, making it one of the best class systems in any game. It is no wonder that Bannerlord’s Multiplayer has seen such massive growth since its release.

W14DJBA.gif

I could see the class system working better than Warband's gold system if it weren't for the fact that TaleWorlds are insistent about having certain units be OP or bad relative to their cost. Doesn't help that the M&B multiplayer community seems to be crazy enough to agree with having some factions be clearly better or worse than others.

Last edited:
I honestly hadn't thought about how balanced, enjoyable, and rewarding the class system is. Perhaps I have been mistaken. Thank you.

Maybe a way to expand on this system would be to add naval combat. Boats are philosophically aligned with Bannerlord's design principles. To illustrate my point: you could 'main' a boat, and learn it at your own pace, enjoyably. I would also love to customize my Viking longship; I could add a frightening figurehead to the front, so as to frighten my enemies in a balanced way.

I could picture it now. There's me, in my Viking longship, ramming plebs in rowboats (the 100 gold option). Then, I collect enough moneysacks and add a cape to my boat. Goodness, it would be so cool to do skirmish on a boat. Please, taleworld, give me boats. please

I honestly hadn't thought about how balanced, enjoyable, and rewarding the class system is. Perhaps I have been mistaken. Thank you.

Maybe a way to expand on this system would be to add naval combat. Boats are philosophically aligned with Bannerlord's design principles. To illustrate my point: you could 'main' a boat, and learn it at your own pace, enjoyably. I would also love to customize my Viking longship; I could add a frightening figurehead to the front, so as to frighten my enemies in a balanced way.

I could picture it now. There's me, in my Viking longship, ramming plebs in rowboats (the 100 gold option). Then, I collect enough moneysacks and add a cape to my boat. Goodness, it would be so cool to do skirmish on a boat. Please, taleworld, give me boats. please
Naval combat in Mount & Blade Bannerlord would be great because it would add a new and exciting dimension to the game's already popular multiplayer battles. Naval combat would expand the game's tactical options, adding another level of strategy and complexity. It would also increase the variety of battles and give players a chance to explore new areas and scenarios. In addition, naval combat would offer a unique experience that would be a great way to engage in intense firefights at sea against enemy fleets.

Naval combat in Mount & Blade Bannerlord would be great because it would add a new and exciting dimension to the game's already popular multiplayer battles. Naval combat would expand the game's tactical options, adding another level of strategy and complexity. It would also increase the variety of battles and give players a chance to explore new areas and scenarios. In addition, naval combat would offer a unique experience that would be a great way to engage in intense firefights at sea against enemy fleets.
image.png
image.png

Whatever else you can say, it certainly achieved their stated goals; by being consistent across all game modes (X), removing snowballing (X), and being easier to balance (X).

Completely agree, i apologize to anyone for saying the class system was bad game design. I have seen the mistake of my ways and ask redemption from taleworlds for whom I have wronged for so many years.

CRPG is undeniable proof that TW's vision of MP and that of the community were on opposite sides of the coin.
Ironic that now CRPG is losing steam for the complete opposite reasons. Instead of everything being so broken good that nothing is fun to play because the whole game is just cheese city, theyve crafted a new combat where everything is so weak that its equally unfun, but at least now the servers are almost stable and we can look the way we want.

Ironic that now CRPG is losing steam for the complete opposite reasons. Instead of everything being so broken good that nothing is fun to play because the whole game is just cheese city, theyve crafted a new combat where everything is so weak that its equally unfun, but at least now the servers are almost stable and we can look the way we want.
+1 being enjoying the game since release, bugs and all.

but oh god how I wanted to see the cRPG version, I tried it, and like it, but it didn't take, lost steam, got old.

crpg developers went the above and beyond with the mod but ultimatly it caters to only them and a few selected members

so I still play bannerlord vanilla multiplayer, got lots of items unlocked, and I'm going to continue to play from time to time until the login servers close

classes were fine, it was just the crashes that upset everyone.

Back
Top Bottom