We Want Modding Tools, TW

Users who are viewing this thread

YEEEEAAAAAH, WE WANT!!!

i agree the graphics part of the tool (making towns, weapons, armor etc) would be welcome. ability to export and import assets. i wanna make a "camp" mod for a bandit or nomad "kingdom" to "settle temporarily" for "smithy", "trade" with caravans, even "arena" between troops etc. not gonna make it in the end but will definitely play with the tool and dream. i can do 3d modeling and a bit of coding. not sure i got what it takes to actually understand the whole DLL thing in order to make an actual mod. if they provided a full set of tools and documentation/reference so i can write script and get help integrating it in the game, then it's a whole other story.
Thissss

Yeah but youll still have Mods making crashes making it harder to bug find and fix.
You'll get 4 pages of people going my game broke and at the end you'll have them go oh I had 20 mods. (Dayz)
Would be cool to have then now but wouldn't hold my breath

taleworlds bug reporting system is pretty smart.
it will tell them directly if it was a mod that caused the bug or not, and they can easily filter the bug reports between players who uses mods and those that don't.
I also believe they want to keep this in testing to make their game more mod compatible, the new modular patching system (mod loading) is a core function of the new engine, ofc this needs testing as well and they have already rolled out several fixes in patches that are only aimed at mod developers.

I want try to make warhammer fantasy mod, mostly reskin,and mods like that require insane ammount of time. I am pretty done with the game in the current state.
Nice that would take quite awhile. I kinda wanna do a quick reskin of the Northern as a more Senate Roman troops and the Western with more Auxiliaries and a more Rome in Gual Feeling. Not to name wanting to play with the campaign and scene Editor(Amprela = Constantinople anyone?)

taleworlds bug reporting system is pretty smart.
it will tell them directly if it was a mod that caused the bug or not, and they can easily filter the bug reports between players who uses mods and those that don't.
I also believe they want to keep this in testing to make their game more mod compatible, the new modular patching system (mod loading) is a core function of the new engine, ofc this needs testing as well and they have already rolled out several fixes in patches that are only aimed at mod developers.
Oh I didn't know that about the report system. Usually its not like that for games but thats great.
Yeah testing of the main game is the gran goal right now

Nice that would take quite awhile. I kinda wanna do a quick reskin of the Northern as a more Senate Roman troops and the Western with more Auxiliaries and a more Rome in Gual Feeling. Not to name wanting to play with the campaign and scene Editor(Amprela = Constantinople anyone?)
Btw. This scene in main menu that shows guy with axe and banner. Is it possible to change it and how? I found all loading screens\icons but cant find this main menu thing.

Btw. This scene in main menu that shows guy with axe and banner. Is it possible to change it and how? I found all loading screens\icons but cant find this main menu thing.
I haven't checked personally yet but theirs a main menu replacer mod that apparently replaces it with the Warband one. You could probably ask him how he did it be interesting to know exactly how it's done for later.
Ik you could do it in Warband I'll have to find the link describing it as may be the same?
I was talking more in game scenes.
Edit: that may be just the main menu music ?

Last edited:
Very bad idea. Becose it will be like:
1) play ea
2) drop
3) play vanila a little bit again
4) drop forever
With modding tools you can change 4. to "play overhaul mods"

All you guys are too funny. The game isn't even finished and you're already talking about people not playing? OH NO!
The game isn't finished. Once it releases (including the mod tools) you'll all be back here before we can blink. Buncha impatient kids.

Dont see any problem. You need atleast few months to make good mod even with a team. So any mod of VC or PoP level will be ready somewhere near realese.

You don't see a problem because you don't understand game development. As you obviously don't, please just don't write when you don't know what you're talking about.

The only problem with mods in EA could be the fact that many mods (even a few of them in fact) can make it difficult to find out what's causing a certain bug or crash, which is (I hope) a primary goal for devs right now.

You'll scarcely be able to help TW in finding out the existing problems. But, if you don't want that, there should be no problem for you)

They don't want to help TW or make this game good by itself, they want THINGS NOW AND ONLY MODDERS CAN PROVIDE!

Pretty sure the point OP was making is that the vast majority of people wont even play EA without the ability to mod ****, especially considering how lacking in content the current build is, which essentially makes your point moot about not being able to help TW find bugs, because if we're not playing because of lack of content, we're not finding bugs....

A lot of people are reporting anything they find. That some select individuals does not want to partake in EA because of lack of mods (despite mods existing), all the better. Keep them away.

Bad idea for EA so many Mods will break fast everytime a patch is thrown out.
After EA in a year we'll get our modding tools probably. Can't wait but I will

Patches can even break save games. I don't run steam in online mode until I'm ready to update.

They don't want to help TW or make this game good by itself, they want THINGS NOW AND ONLY MODDERS CAN PROVIDE!

Help TW? I'm pretty sure we did when paying for the game.

A lot of people are reporting anything they find. That some select individuals does not want to partake in EA because of lack of mods (despite mods existing), all the better. Keep them away.
Yeah fairly certain youve got that the wrong way around, i can guarantee you that there are far more people not reporting than there is that are, again making your point moot....

Back
Top Bottom