We Want dismemberment and decapitation as an option. YOU HEAR ME TALEWORLDS?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lmao @ OP

Buddy, we don't even have optimally sync'd character hitboxes and weapon reaches yet! Horses crash headlong into walls at full gallop only to ping-pong off them without losing speed!

And now you want the devs to put those issues on hold just to work on dismemberment mechanics!? Matching the right strike angle to the correct hitbox parameter, setting a minimum weapon speed threshold, factoring in damage variables... -you know, I don't even want to get into it right now. Your request is literally the definition of putting the cart before the horse -not to mention all the marketing and publishing issues other people have already brought up.

But thank you for supplying me with some comedy in this otherwise dreary moment in our history.

Наоборот, будет ограничение по возрасту, и не очень реалистично, если они могут обезглавить кого-либо, кроме вас.

During a battle, I don't necessarily like the idea.

During something more controlled like a town scene - could be cool if you for example had a prisoner and wanted to make a public example of him.

One original M&B mod had a guillotine scene, but that wasn't the same as having it in combat. Amputation of limbs in Bannerlord might be "possible", but the effort and expense to put it into battlefield scenes just isn't worth it for the one or two times in a campaign where it would possibly happen. If it happens in every battle, then it's more like some kind of dark humor than anything even remotely realistic. If you think it's "normal" in medieval combat, then you need to do some serious reading on the subject, or try taking a side of beef and seeing if you can chop it in half with an axe in less than a dozen strikes, even without the bones that a human body would have, or a thickly padded gambeson getting in the way.

Decapitations were done by practiced executioners, with the bound and defenseless victim on a chopping block to prevent the body from pushing away, and they STILL occasionally failed to decapitate the victim on the first strike. The guillotine was a technological "improvement" that made it a certainty, without requiring an exceptionally strong person to perform the killing. Chopping someone's head off with an axe or sword in the heat of battle is nothing more than a fantasy move, unless it happens with some kind of momentum assistance such as swinging a heavy two-handed axe from a charging horse, or else via accumulated and stored mechanical energy by some siege engine. Even then, the conditions would need to be "right", and it would be a rare occurrence.

Stupid idea is stupid. If you're playing for the gore and blood, then play some fantasy game with it. "WE" don't want it, "YOU" and a few others do. I don't believe that's enough of a market for the developers to add as an option, and it would drive away more sales than it would gain if it's added as "standard".

Just make a vote, then the developers will see how many "we" is. Would it be fun to see a more graphic injury system? Sure I guess but the cost to the studio would be to great to justify it. Taleworlds has greatly improved their injury system compared to their last game so I am content.

• Potential age restriction.
  • Not realistic.
  • Not necessarily more fun.
  • Some mods will eventually add decapitation.
  • We can just play Skyrim.
b86n3h4.png
Honestly we should be asking when’s the mod that adds coordinated poses with your units into the game?

I think the only legitimate reason not to include it, is the age restriction, allthough I don't know how much negative influence it really would have these days because of digital sales.
I would like the feature because if done right it's just a very satisfying addition to the feedback upon a hit, for instance decapitating the NPC with a final swipe to the head...

It's opportunity cost. You get your flashy kills, but is that worth having significantly less units on the battlefield? They should focus on things like story & progression in SP and making combat balanced for both SP and MP, not some gore feature IMO.

I think the only legitimate reason not to include it, is the age restriction, allthough I don't know how much negative influence it really would have these days because of digital sales.
I would like the feature because if done right it's just a very satisfying addition to the feedback upon a hit, for instance decapitating the NPC with a final swipe to the head...

Don't forget the realism though. You're right about the satisfying nature in, say, a Skyrim or a For Honor. But I don't think it would feel right in a setting as grounded in realism as Mount and Blade, you know?

While I would like to see gore and severing when applying an overkill against lighter armored troops (full gallop speed + long sword to a bandit's neck, or a ballista shot to anyone's shoulder for example), I think the game, models and everything need to be designed around this feature, which seems inpractical at this stage of development.

Disembowelment should be added!

Again, probably not necessary because armor. It took a deliberate thrust to the gut, then followup slash, to disembowl (usually), and even padded cloth is shockingly resistant to slashing. As long as the enemy stopped fighting, I don't reckon most warriors would have gone to the trouble of adding that kind of flourish to a wound.

Again, probably not necessary because armor. It took a deliberate thrust to the gut, then followup slash, to disembowl (usually), and even padded cloth is shockingly resistant to slashing. As long as the enemy stopped fighting, I don't reckon most warriors would have gone to the trouble of adding that kind of flourish to a wound.
I'd be swinging my billhook at their guts all day every day. Make the whole enemy force trip on intestines! Muwahahahahaha :twisted:

Lmao @ OP

Buddy, we don't even have optimally sync'd character hitboxes and weapon reaches yet! Horses crash headlong into walls at full gallop only to ping-pong off them without losing speed!

And now you want the devs to put those issues on hold just to work on dismemberment mechanics!? Matching the right strike angle to the correct hitbox parameter, setting a minimum weapon speed threshold, factoring in damage variables... -you know, I don't even want to get into it right now. Your request is literally the definition of putting the cart before the horse -not to mention all the marketing and publishing issues other people have already brought up.

But thank you for supplying me with some comedy in this otherwise dreary moment in our history.
They have been doing this for over a decade stop making excuses for lazy ass taleworlds

Don't forget the realism though. You're right about the satisfying nature in, say, a Skyrim or a For Honor. But I don't think it would feel right in a setting as grounded in realism as Mount and Blade, you know?
M&B's design philosophy has always put gameplay above realism. In addition these pixel representations are still just an aproximation, a caricature of reality and as far as damage to the bodies goes, decapitation etc would be a closer representation to RL than having nothing like it at all...

errr no, it's exactly the opposite. Nothing at all is closer to real life than decapitation.
I think you are misinterpreting what I wrote. I am for dismemberment in Bannerlord and I think it would be make the experience closer to real life, allthough that is not why I want it. People just love muh realism and to use it as an argument against having sth in a game....

Back
Top Bottom