We should have the ability to make companions lords!

Should we be able to make companions lords?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
This would help with starting your own kingdom a bit.

As it is now, you have to have millions upon millions to start your own kingdom so that you can recruit lords. And if the balance pass I've heard rumours of make it into the game, the player will no longer be able to amass millions through warfare anymore, which will necessitate this kind of feature.

It would still be balanced since you would need to train up your companions first, by making them leaders of parties. There should be a price as well, something like 100k denars? Which would go to the new lord's coffers. And last but not least, perhaps you should have an available fief to give them.

Thoughts?

EDIT:
This has been added to the game. Thank you TaleWorlds!

Last edited:
nevermind. :grin:

i just today scrolled over this hole thing and i read so often the same suggestions. i am sick of that ?

Here is the thing to consider about repeating post. The reality is a post that doesn't repeat gets ignored if for no other reason than they know is there. Also its gets rationalized as it being "Just one post". However when someone sees something SO OFTEN they are sick of it. That gets special attention as you have thoroughly demonstrated.

Also don't shoot the messenger here, this is just how human psychology works.

Going to drop the normal "well you can do it in Warband" - which I guess is right enough, but I do agree, you should be able to do so. There is not a RTR concept in Bannerlord but even from a historical perspective it wouldn't be uncommon for generals or other high ranking members of an "inner council" to be elevated to nobility (or Emperors, during the Crisis of the Third Century)

I'll digress on the historical precedence, but it would make for more enjoyable gameplay, I usually go for 300 Trading to grab a town and a castle and when I pop a Kingdom I almost immediately get declared on and just having companions in Parties does not help too much. Making them Lords would help with fief management as I expand and I believe their party cap goes up a lot higher (and you don't need to pay for their parties, either).

I would also extend this idea that the AI should also hire wanderers, it would be fun to get into a battle and have to fight and lord and their "champions" and it could help the AI maintain the number of Clans / Lords in their own Kingdoms towards late game, especially when Lord death in Auto-calc is added. Right now, without minor factions marrying, and with children not coming of age before a clan is wiped out (due to a lack of an "orphan/adoption" mechanic), late game ends up being a very dull affair of chasing down the same party of 50 recruits until I can land a killing blow on a Lord or get annoyed and execute them.

No please!!! it will overpower player's clan even more... with your brother and sisters + wifes you already have 6 NPC available plus companions, if you wait for a second generation you will have even more, so you can deploy all your clan's parties really fast. If TW gives the power to the player to spawn independent lords loyal to the player (new clans?) it will be absolutely OP.

No please!!! it will overpower player's clan even more... with your brother and sisters + wifes you already have 6 NPC available plus companions, if you wait for a second generation you will have even more, so you can deploy all your clan's parties really fast. If TW gives the power to the player to spawn independent lords loyal to the player (new clans?) it will be absolutely OP.
But they will be independent lords in the sense that you can not control them fully. Who knows, when relationships are fully implemented, perhaps some of them will become your enemy? Besides, they will start out at clan rank 2, which will be weaker than usual lords, not only that, but they will be weaker over all. With lower trade, tactics, medicine, et cetera.

So in my opinion it would be balanced.

Yeah but balance it so it's not too strong (not sure how, like train them to become lords and make it take a proper amount of time). Also they need better names. Their generic "the healer" etc ain't gonna cut it for me.

May be overpower, balance can be problems, sure. I understand how that point would make sense.

But in a singleplayer and multi-layered game, I think function should come first. First is to make things work when interacting with other things in game. Instead of the feeling of 'too ez', the feeling of 'lacking' comes way worse.

But they will be independent lords in the sense that you can not control them fully. Who knows, when relationships are fully implemented, perhaps some of them will become your enemy? Besides, they will start out at clan rank 2, which will be weaker than usual lords, not only that, but they will be weaker over all. With lower trade, tactics, medicine, et cetera.

So in my opinion it would be balanced.
In my opinion, basically it's just have to be letting companions/clanmate to 'Form a new clan', so they can independently separately become a actor, it is a kinda different progression to player and companion too. May be initially there can be a relation boost and base on previous relation between player and the companion ofc. But after that, they will be just like other npc clan, at least in current game. If there are more applications around clan in the future I believe people will explore further on this as well.

Ohh I can remember another game where you could do that... If only I could remember the game that literally allowed you to do that thing, oh dang I wish I knew WHICH PREQUEL GAME ALLOWED THIS EXACT THING TO HAPPEN IF ONLY I KNEW WHICH ONE IT WAS

Ohh I can remember another game where you could do that... If only I could remember the game that literally allowed you to do that thing, oh dang I wish I knew WHICH PREQUEL GAME ALLOWED THIS EXACT THING TO HAPPEN IF ONLY I KNEW WHICH ONE IT WAS
:grin:

I think there should be something like creating a Clan from a town too, like a reverse rebellion. If you own the town, are a ruler and can spend a significant amount of gold to "raise up" a new clan and give them the town, that'd be pretty cool. Maybe a Companion or family member could be used as the new clan leader too, or just a generated npc.

Can't agree more, if we are kings we should do what we want.
Yeah I agree. They can just make other kings "like us 10 less" or whatever if we need a "punishment". Game needs much more fun things to do and player agency.

Badly missed in the game.
They should also expand the traits of the companions, so that there will be some companions who were of noble birth and we can give them lordship and fiefs without any relationship penalty (it is also another thing if these nobles are capable administrators or not).

Badly missed in the game.
They should also expand the traits of the companions, so that there will be some companions who were of noble birth and we can give them lordship and fiefs without any relationship penalty (it is also another thing if these nobles are capable administrators or not).
That's a good advice. Different companions, some suitable administrators and nobles.

Not necessarily against the concept, but the premise is wrong: you don't need millions to attract other lords. If you have good relations (like you will with any clan you've married into, for example, or helped in battle, or defeated in battle and released) AND pick a landless clan, they'll join for peanuts - or even pay you.

Once you have two or three clans and two or three cities (give the clans castles), you're pretty much unstoppable by the AI if you have the patience to micro manage wars and/or know when to peace out with tribute, to fight another day. Once you start snowballing yourself, there'll be more landless clans than you want.

Back
Top Bottom