We should be able to own more than one alley/clearing/backstreet in the same town and some other changes to the alley ownership mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
I absolutely love the new additions made in patch 1.1, especially the addition of taking over backstreets and it's defense event, but I would like to offer some suggestions to make the feature even better:

- We should be able to control more than 1 alley in the same town, and if we control all, we no longer should have to worry about them being taken over. It would also feel incredible being able to control a town's production and mafia without even owning it for roleplay purposes

- An alley's income should be tied to more than just the 2% of a town's prosperity, things like security and our companion's roguery skill should also affect the income

- The daily crime from owning alleys should be increased, its current criminal rating generation is too low to make a difference; a hideout gives +0.5 crime rating per day, while crime naturally decreases by 1 every day. An alternate proposal would be to add a floor value to the crime rating based on the number of alleys we own in the same faction (something like 15 crime rating minimum for each backstreet as an example)

- If the town's loyalty is low enough and we own a backstreet, we should be able to incite rebellion; if we're succesful in fighting a handful of town guards in the town centre, the town loyalty should become 0 (like in fourberie mod)

- If we own a back alley, our assigned companion should become a new (gang leader) notable for the town, and they should give us the regular quests given by gang leaders. If we own more than one of the backstreets/alleys/clearings in a town, completing a quest for any of our companion-gang leader-notables should give relation to all our companion-gang leader-notables in that town. Since they will become notables, we should then be able to recruit the units they provide from owning the alley from the recruitment screen

These are some of my suggestions, if you have anything to comment on something else to add, please feel free to do so on this post.

Last edited:
Agreed, also the companions skills and the quality of units should give a % chance to be able to defend ownership without player action. A high level character with elite troops should give an almost 100% chance of succes in defending.

to not sound to negative: I am Happy with the patch👍 Keep improving!

Last edited:
Agreed, also the companions skills and the quality of units should give a % chance to be able to defend ownership without player action. A high level character with elite troops should give an almost 100% chance of succes in defending.

to not sound to negative: I am Happy with the patch👍 Keep improving!
Oh yeah, I forgot to write that, that's good.

Granted, from what little I tested, the hideout defence event happened like twice a year or so and I had 10 days to react with 10 guys garrisoned in the alley (and the hideout automatically generates new guys each week) , so it's not as big a deal.

Last edited:
Some additional things that I think also needs to be changed or added:

- The number of alleyways that we own shouldn't be hardcapped, it should be limited by how many companions or family members we are willing to "invest". While this is how it works right now, I've seen @Flesson19 mention that a dev has told him that the number of alleys we own are supposed to be capped at 5. So in actuality I'm saying that it should stay the way it is now

- If the player owns at least 1 backstreet in a town, we should have the ability to have our companion/family member staying in the town try to covertly open (or burn down?) the town gates (with a % chance of success/failure) when we are besieging the town. Additionally, both this companion/family member's roguery skill level and having the level 50 roguery perk 'Two Faced' should increase the chance of success

- The "thug" troops should be bandit shock infantry that are equipped with mallets and new 2 handed maces (currently thugs aren't considered as bandits). There should be a tier 4 "Thug" troop called a 'Punk' or something similar or alternatively, thugs should be upgraded from looters, and thug, expert thug and master thug should T2, T3 and T4 shock infantry units respectively because we currently lack any form of bandit shock infantry and looters are mostly useless to have in a party (except if we want fodder for medicine exp) due to not being able to upgrade

Last edited:

- The number of alleyways that we own shouldn't be hardcapped, it should be limited by how many companions or family members we are willing to "invest". While this is how it works right now, I've seen @Flesson19 mention that a dev has told him that the number of alleys we own are supposed to be capped at 5. So in actuality I'm saying that it should stay the way it is now

- If the player owns at least 1 backstreet in a town, we should have the ability to have our companion/family member staying in the town try to covertly open (or burn down?) the town gates (with a % chance of success/failure) when we are besieging the town. Additionally, both this companion/family member's roguery skill level and having the level 50 roguery perk 'Two Faced' should increase the chance of success

- The "thug" troops should be bandit shock infantry that are equipped with mallets and new 2 handed maces (currently thugs aren't considered as bandits). There should be a tier 4 "Thug" troop called a 'Punk' or something similar or alternatively, thugs should be upgraded from looters, and thug, expert thug and master thug should T2, T3 and T4 shock infantry units respectively because we currently lack any form of bandit shock infantry and looters are mostly useless to have in a party (except if we want fodder for medicine exp) due to not being able to upgrade
Agree with all the suggestions,
The more elite soldiers we put in an ally should make it more secure but lower profits.
The looter tree should indeed be upgradable. I usually connect the looter to the mountain or Forrest bandit trees.
Their should definitely be an option for siege subterfuge, like damaging or opening a gate, or a surprise attack from inside the town (spawn) at an opportune moment.

I support the suggestion of your party member becoming a gangleader notable.
In general their should be more control over the notables in an owned city. It would be nice if we where able to replace them with high ranking notables of our choosing, possible with a different (minor) faction culture for recruitment purposes.

I did make a mistake and misunderstood the developer. You can own as many as you have companions for.

So about 10? Or what is the max companions you can have?
I think at clan tier 6 it's 9 companions, and it's 11 companions if we get both +companion perks from leadership & charm (although if you have 250 leadership I assume that you would choose to get an extra party). I think that they should add another + companion perk to roguery and/or trade as well in the future.

But that is only counting companions that we hired. We should be able to own an unlimited number of alleyways (okay, 55 alleyways for 1 in each town unless they change it so that we can own more than 1 in every town) by putting in our spouse, children and siblings, although I haven't tested if we can put family on the streets.

But that is only counting companions that we hired. We should be able to own an unlimited number of alleyways (okay, 55 alleyways for 1 in each town unless they change it so that we can own more than 1 in every town) by putting in our spouse, children and siblings, although I haven't tested if we can put family on the streets.
I was wondering that myself. Talk about a family business.

How would you train family or companions to get 30 Roguery?

That's a misunderstanding. During the stream Flesson gave an example with 5 companions and I noted that he could control 5 alleys in that context across 5 towns.

IMO that's overpowered (assuming you are suggesting a "town taken" dice throw). Bonus to sneaking in seems more reasonable.

IMO that's overpowered (assuming you are suggesting a "town taken" dice throw). Bonus to sneaking in seems more reasonable.
That would be too OP - in the rare situation besieging a town you have a bandit alley in, what about the ability to dice throw sabotaging a siege engine (or slow the rebuild) or sabotage food supply so they lose a day's worth or something. As well, obviously with the appropriate consequences if it fails (ie lose alley, companion prison/death roll, etc...).

That's a misunderstanding. During the stream Flesson gave an example with 5 companions and I noted that he could control 5 alleys in that context across 5 towns.
Yeah he cleared it up, but thank you as well
I was suggesting the literal town gate already being in a destroyed state when we started a siege assault, but it might be too OP as you've said. I think Alleyways should give the player some sort of bonus, but I can't think of what bonuses it can be. Sneak bonus seems good though. I think giving the player the ability to incite rebellion (while also giving the player a ton of criminal rating) would be the biggest step forward. It would open up so much versatility in playstyle options.

To be clearer, when I say "incite a rebellion", I'm talking about how the mod "Fourberie" has implemented it: if the settlement loyalty is below 50 (and in this case we own an alleyway), we pay some money and wait a bit in town. Then we fight a few garrisoned units who're trying to suppress the riots on the streets. If we win, the town loyalty drops to 0 and therefore the town has a chance rebel.

I hate that you have to leave a companion everywhere. With all the things that require leaving a companion here and sending one there, you're left with no companions to actually be your companions

Back
Top Bottom