SP - General We should be able to give commands to parties in our clan before we create a kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Basically I was getting ready to take my first town and I was Rank 4 so I could make 3 parties other than my main. I created those armies and gave command to my brothers and sister but when I went to war I was unable to give them commands to follow me or do anything useful really. I tried taking a castle expecting them to show up but because they kind of just wander around doing what they want I had to retreat when overwhelming numbers came to relieve the siege.

If your clan parties have over 400 Troops, they are really useful and capture every army alone.
And 400 troops secondary clan parties are possible, if you have the "Leader of the Masses" Perk, who give every party in the clan 5 troops more for every town.

If your clan parties have over 400 Troops, they are really useful and capture every army alone.
And 400 troops secondary clan parties are possible, if you have the "Leader of the Masses" Perk, who give every party in the clan 5 troops more for every town.
Ya that's why I think it should be tied to some sort of Influence mechanic so it's not so easily abused. Maybe they could create an internal clan currency like Influence for it although I feel like there are better ways to handle it. That being said, as it is it's almost impossible to capture a castle when you're trying to create your own faction because you just get swarmed by overwhelming numbers and have to constantly retreat from the siege because of it. You can roam around picking apart the lords afterwards and taking them prisoner to compensate for this but even then they can just escape from your party anyways and make it redundant. I don't really want to have to execute them all, nor do I feel it's entirely realistic that I have to capture and defeat literally every lord a kingdom has before they can all escape just to take one castle when I have the troops in my clan parties to fight them.
I think clan parties should just be a lot smaller, that would make it more balanced. They could grow after you create your own kingdom so they're not permanently stuck as small parties. That way the game could be a lot more balanced, maybe cap clan parties (for the player obviously) at like 30 or 40 men so you can have a reasonable sized army of like 200-250 men with your clan before you are a kingdom to try to siege settlements on your own.

Is this to make it easier to capture your first fief?

In my current playthrough, I have captured about half of Vlandia without having a kingdom and without using any armies led by family members or companions.

You guys just need to git gud,

Is this to make it easier to capture your first fief?

In my current playthrough, I have captured about half of Vlandia without having a kingdom and without using any armies led by family members or companions.

You guys just need to git gud,
Turn up the difficulty? It's hella easy to capture when your troops only take 25% of damage or if you're running all archer armies but other than that not really feasible to beat an army of 500+ when you only have 150 troops tops. INB4 'That's not what I do' Umm yes... it is.

And how is asking the devs to make it possible to form an army of your companion's and family members' parties without having a kingdom any less cheesy that just turning the difficulty down?

Looks like two paths to the same end to me.

And how is asking the devs to make it possible to form an army of your companion's and family members' parties without having a kingdom any less cheesy that just turning the difficulty down?

Looks like two paths to the same end to me.
You're misunderstanding. I don't want to have my troops being any stronger than the AI's. That's cheesy. What I do want, is to have it be possible to take a settlement by yourself to create a kingdom, you know, like the main quest of the game asks you to do. I don't want to be able to form armies as large as kingdoms as I agree that would also be cheesy. That being said the way it is now it's borderline impossible to complete the main quest if you want to create your own faction. That shouldn't be the case. Ideally you could create an army topped out at around 250 as a minor clan, as I think that's a number you could comfortably take a castle with.

Back
Top Bottom