We need to talk. Taleworlds is throwing everything away what made them great

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord will have some form of anti-cheat, but what exactly & how effective remains to be seen.

Smurfs are an interesting problem, and privacy/data legislation potentially makes it more difficult to handle. Something as simple as a MAC address could out most smurfs, and raise the entry barrier for successfully smurfing to a point most people wouldn't bother with (requiring networking equipment & know-how most people don't have or understand). However, I don't know if the game could retrieve that information, or if it would be legal to do so given the unique nature of each MAC address.

stevehoos said:
R4MPZY said:
The 6v6 skirmish is one of several MP types, which honestly i dont even care about. For me its all about the SP.

And it was never going to be 1000-5000, hell even Total War games dont have that many in a single battle.

150 is the normal max for MB:W true but you can go up to 500 with battlesizer.

For Warband they are hoping for 500+ in a single battle which is a big improvement because even if you used the battlesizer for MB:W it could cause issues such as crashes or freezing

Let me surmise you don't play much Total War do you? I have had 15,000 plus battles and that's without mods.

Yeah this is true. Even in Rome: Total War which was made in 2004 can have battle of almost like 10000 men, most likely even more.

ButterDragon22 said:
stevehoos said:
R4MPZY said:
The 6v6 skirmish is one of several MP types, which honestly i dont even care about. For me its all about the SP.

And it was never going to be 1000-5000, hell even Total War games dont have that many in a single battle.

150 is the normal max for MB:W true but you can go up to 500 with battlesizer.

For Warband they are hoping for 500+ in a single battle which is a big improvement because even if you used the battlesizer for MB:W it could cause issues such as crashes or freezing

Let me surmise you don't play much Total War do you? I have had 15,000 plus battles and that's without mods.

Yeah this is true. Even in Rome: Total War which was made in 2004 can have battle of almost like 10000 men, most likely even more.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Ffffsss
Hasnt this been warned thousands of times before ?
In total war 150 soldiers have 1 AI, in Warband every soldier has his own AI.
In Bannerlord every soldierhas his own AI + every group of soldiers have a formation/sergeant AI. Just as it is real life.

In Bannerlord a battle will be made with up to 1000 soldiers(without mods)
If both armies have 5 formation AIs it makes 1000+10
Your total war battle of 15.000 men are actually led by 7500/100= 75 individual AIs.(Dont count your army because you manage them) Where is 1010 where is 75? Maybe only you put them in a mode your formations get an AI but make 75 100 still not much different. Also I belive in order to get 15.000 battle you gave both sides units with 200 soldiers bıt I made the division with 100.

Also dont forget every one of those 1000 AIs are more complex than TW AIs.
They kick, fight with you with 4 combat directions raise shield when you aim to them etc

For a fair comparison compare it to Kingdom Come Deliverance or TES skyrim.
Yeah, after 20 men the game crashes vs 1000 men.

KCD has better combat AI than Warband, though. Sure, they all try to rush you at once, but they'll also try to surround you and will pressure you continuously. That's why fighting outnumbered is actually quite challenging in KCD, while in Warband you just have to hold S and left click until everything is dead. The AI in KCD also doesn't drop their guard as soon as they block one attack, and are far more likely to counter reckless offense. The only surefire weakness of KCD AI is the clinch system, but even then the AI tries to maintain a safe distance from the player most of the time.

I sure would be disappointed if game focusing on small scale fighting would handle small scale fighting worse than Warband.

Imo, M&B lies between those two and this is, in my opinion, even bigger limitation to scale than the technology. It tries to simulate the battle, but also provides player with possibility to influence its result by more means than merely ordering their troops around. I already fear how well this feeling will translate to battles involving over 500 men, much less can comprehend how people may want more. The sergeants system seems to be band-aid for that, giving you smaller troop to command to still keep you involved in both roles, as a commander on the hill and as a warrior in the thick of battle.

You can't have battles in M&B that are too big for one person to effectively command while also taking part in them, and you can't have combat system so complex it stands in the way of effectively commanding your troops while fighting.

also, Warband was released in 2010. KC:grin: is just slightly more than a year old. Taleworls was quite small and Warhorse was large from the beginning. I don't think we can compare the ai in the two games and expect bannerlord's to be a lot better.

SenorZorros said:
also, Warband was released in 2010. KC:grin: is just slightly more than a year old. Taleworls was quite small and Warhorse was large from the beginning. I don't think we can compare the ai in the two games and expect bannerlord's to be a lot better.

We'll see... Although are you sure WB was released in 2010? I might be wrong but I think I've started playing it before that

Lolbash said:
Methinks you might just be looking for things to complain about.

Pot calling the kettle black

Seems like you're implying there isn't anything to complain about.

Then again you come across as a pretty devout fanboy, keen to whiteknight whenever and wherever possible, so it wouldn't surprise me if you actually felt that way.

fadohacolu said:
Lolbash said:

Then again you come across as a pretty devout fanboy, keen to whiteknight whenever and wherever possible, so it wouldn't surprise me if you actually felt that way.

So people stopped replying to your obvious troll remarks about the game, so you try and instead resort to people instead. How cute.

Lolbash said:
fadohacolu said:
Lolbash said:

So people stopped replying to your obvious troll remarks about the game, so you try and instead resort to people instead. How cute.

You are being a bigot tbh, why tf are you picking on this guy is beyond me  :roll:

There are plenty of people who are skeptical towards BL, including me. There are a ton of people who are pssd about the delays and false announcements (those that were made but soon after retracted), including me. There are people going nuts about the Beta being MP (which's dumb, but we must respect their "anger"), what doesn't make sense is attacking others directly instead of arguments.

xdj1nn said:
SenorZorros said:

We'll see... Although are you sure WB was released in 2010? I might be wrong but I think I've started playing it before that
March 30th, 2010. I remember because it came out on my mom's birthday. Beta started in late August 2009, which I also remember because I thought it was very poor timing for me as I had just started my first semester of university. :lol:

Orion said:
xdj1nn said:
SenorZorros said:

March 30th, 2010. I remember because it came out on my mom's birthday. Beta started in late August 2009, which I also remember because I thought it was very poor timing for me as I had just started my first semester of university. :lol:

Ty for clarifying =D haha I couldn't remember  :lol:

I like people with opinions who has bot-level idea of the game. Makes me special. Stop opening threads like this, you know nothing.

This really was the first dev blog concerning pure player vs. player gameplay, most other dev blogs have been entirely focused on the single player aspect, or the multiplayer gamemodes involving commanding bots

The vast majority of all Bannerlord info has been involving Singerplayer (with zero news of multiplayer for years). Suddenly a dev blog comes out that is concerning multiplayer which causes a bunch of supposed lurkers to come out and say Taleworlds is throwing out singleplayer for competitive multiplayer? Seeing thread after thread, I can't seem to comprehend this logic (or lack thereof). I've come to the conclusion that those complaining are upset that they don't get to play the beta how they wish (singleplayer). Not sure if those of you are aware but betas are not there to allow you to play the game early for entertainment. It's there to test certain features of the game, find bugs and submit concerns/opinions. Stop pretending you're upset that you don't get to "test" singleplayer features; you're complaining because you don't get to play the game early. These threads are beyond ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom