SP - General We need to be able to merge armies more effectively, request to command someone else's army, or ask another lord to command yours

Users who are viewing this thread

I think players should have the option to merge parties/armies more intelligently, say the player wants to save some allies from being defeated, and the players army/party is capable of getting them out of this conundrum, so naturally, they join the ongoing fight, but darn, now they have to command their troops simultaneously as the ai commands their. This can cause friendly ai commanders to do some strange behavior that I will get into later. Said functionality should be implemented when the time comes and is likely already planned, but I have a few more ideas that aren't exactly necessary but they may add some quality of life for players.

Furthermore, an option to request a lord in the players army (or a lord the player is joining in an ongoing fight) to take command. Perhaps at the cost of influence governed by the renown+charm+tactics stats or something like that (for example, when the player is deciding captain roles, they could choose an ai lord to be the commander, or request the sitting commander that the player should) This is useful for players because maybe they aren't exactly confident commanding hundreds of troops yet in a certain map, or they would just prefer to focus on personally killing the enemy. Or they just want to command!

I'm bringing this up because sometimes it's extremely awkward to command troops whilst the AI has another plan for theirs, and delegate command does not exactly sync the two parties correctly. Sometimes the ai will suicide rush into the enemy spawn and get torn to shreds, even though together they could be using their 100+ archers to force the enemy to move from their standing position and take potentially heavy losses doing so. Or sometimes the ai's troops stand in spawn (ie the suicidal circle formation) whilst the player is advancing in a shield wall through volleys of arrows because they don't have enough ranged pressure to force or lower the headcount of the enemy advancement, etc.

I am curious to hear what you think or have something to add to a concept like this!

Last edited:
I've experienced the frustration of joining a fight and delegating command of my troops, only to have them execute an entirely different strategy than my allies (my troops rush in and get slaughtered, while my allies sit back in circle of suicide), way too many times. So a big +1 to your suggestion.

At minimum if ability to choose / delegate commanders from AI lords is not an option, at least update F6 - delegate command to AI troops so that in a large fight with multiple parties, they are aware of the actions of their allies!

I've experienced the frustration of joining a fight and delegating command of my troops, only to have them execute an entirely different strategy than my allies (my troops rush in and get slaughtered, while my allies sit back in circle of suicide), way too many times. So a big +1 to your suggestion.

At minimum if ability to choose / delegate commanders from AI lords is not an option, at least update F6 - delegate command to AI troops so that in a large fight with multiple parties, they are aware of the actions of their allies!
Thank you!

I posted this in another thread yesterday and got a suggestive dev response! You can check it out here :smile:

check end of page 4 through top of 5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom