SP - General We need dynamic towns that reflect the loyalty and prosperity of the town to increase the immersion of a town

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyElf

Sergeant
Imagine an x and a y axis. On one axis, we have Loyalty and on another, we have Prosperity.

High Loyalty
Low Prosperity
High Loyalty
High Prosperity
Medium Loyalty
Medium Prosperity
Low Loyalty
Low Prosperity
Low Loyalty
High Prosperity

We should have towns that are dynamic that reflect the loyalty and description of the town. Currently, we see that in the description of the town. People are poor, animals are sick and dying, and cropland is also being lost.

MBBL-g-icon.jpg

Prosperity
So far the only thing implemented is that higher prosperity towns seem to have more money to spend to buy goods from the player.

Towns and villages with low prosperity should have:

1. Lots of beggars
  2. People looking like they are suffering from malnutrition and wearing poor quality clothing
  3. Limited supplies of food for sale (the town needs to keep what it can for its own people)
  4. Buildings that look like they are falling apart
  5. Less crops and looking like the yields are poor
  6. Animals that look underfed and a few carcasses

Towns with high prosperity should have:

1. Absence of beggars
  2. People looking well fed and with expensive clothing
  3. Ample supplies of food for sale
  4. Buildings in tip top shape
  5. Lots of crops and high yields (ex: large crops)
  6. Livestock animals in great health and lots of them (both in game when you go to the town/village and for sale).

Medium towns and villages of course would be somewhere in between these 2 extremes.

Loyalty
Note the conversations around the towns and villages.

In towns with high loyalty, there should be a lot of praise for the ruler. Currently the only praise is based on the traits of the clan ruler and the town governor.

Towns and villages with very poor loyalty should be constantly speaking ill of the leading faction that controls the town and villages.

Towns with high relations should have people speaking endless praises of the leadership every time.

The conversations could combine the two:

• A town or village with poor prosperity and poor loyalty would have citizens talking very poorly about the leadership saying they cannot do anything right, and that they are ready to rebel. (This might open up a new mechanic).
  • A town or village with good prosperity and poor loyalty would have citizens saying although the town is reasonably wealthy, none of the credit belongs with the current management (the person assigned to govern the town or the clan leader). Such a town might have cultural tensions (ex: leader faction is not the same culture as the town) along with other challenges that cause this divide.
  • A town or village with poor prosperity and high loyalty would say that although things are looking grim right now, they are sticking with the current clan and governor for patriotic reasons. Citizens are cautiously optimistic that better times will come.
  • Finally a town or village with both high prosperity and loyalty should be speaking super high praises of the governor and clan leader. They should also say they are hopeful that the good times will stay.

This would be accessible throughout the conversations and it would also affect the relationships that notables had with the player.

Immersion

The whole point of this is to have a dynamic town and village that reflects the conditions. It feels like what a real world town might feel like.

Think of it like the seasons (we have winter seasons to spring to summer to fall and it starts again) - the town is reflecting the economic climate the town is in and the political attitudes towards the current town leadership.

Right now this has only been partially implemented - for higher prosperity towns have more denars. It could be expanded though to be so much more.

Last edited:
+1 to the idea. This changes would come from the graphics department, and the conversation coders. It seems not a hard or laborious task.

+1 Great suggestions.

Here's my build on your ideas.
Low prosperity town & villages
-Flies, lots of flies.
-Rats running around (market place).
-Manure
-Pot holes with murky water.
-Crime? maybe occasionally, a robber spawns and attacks you? if they kill you they can actually rob you of your stuff?
-No musician in the taverns?

I know TW won't be able to add these but I'm sure the modders can. God I wish this game was made by a competent company like CDPR or even Rockstar.?

Last edited:
+1 Great suggestions.

Here's my build on your ideas.
Low prosperity town & villages
-Flies, lots of flies.
-Rats running around (market place).
-Manure
-Pot holes with murky water.
-Crime? maybe occasionally, a robber spawns and attacks you? if they kill you they can actually rob you of your stuff?
-No musician in the taverns?

I know TW won't be able to add these but I'm sure the modders can. God I wish this game was made by a competent company like CDPR or even Rockstar.?
Just imagine rdrd2 in a medieval setting but the same amount of detail that went into rdrd2.

Maybe high loyalty towns should have many flags/banners of the faction they are owned by scattered about.

That is a great idea - as a demonstration of patriotic enthusiasm for the faction and clan!

Pure awesomeness. Bannerlord with red dead graphics? take my money.
4w1d2udsmey11.jpg

Sorry OP, lets get back to the topic.

No problem. I don't mind the discussion.

It's going to take mods to get it to that level and higher resolution textures. I don't know if the Bannerlord engine could support ENB mods, etc like on Skyrim.

The community is putting out Reshades though:

+1 indeed would crank up the immersion (would be a lot of work though)...Would love to fight an horde of peasants as well someday, perhaps mixing in those with Militias :smile:

Last edited:
On low loyalty I expect to see more thugs on the streets and on low prosperity I expect more villages migrating to other parts of the nation

Loyalty and Security are largely disconnected from each other. It is easy to think of reasons to have a highly secure town with very low loyalty: you just took over and don't trust any of the locals, so there is a huge garrison in place. Obviously that would cramp the style of any thugs running around.

+1 indeed would crank up the immersion (would be a lot of work though)...Would love to fight an horde of peasants as well someday, perhaps mixing in those with Militias :smile:

Some of these items would not require that much work.

They just need a series of "if" statements that would control what units spawn.

Imagine an x and a y axis. On one axis, we have Loyalty and on another, we have Prosperity.

High Loyalty
Low Prosperity
High Loyalty
High Prosperity
Medium Loyalty
Medium Prosperity
Low Loyalty
Low Prosperity
Low Loyalty
High Prosperity

We should have towns that are dynamic that reflect the loyalty and description of the town. Currently, we see that in the description of the town. People are poor, animals are sick and dying, and cropland is also being lost.

MBBL-g-icon.jpg

Prosperity
So far the only thing implemented is that higher prosperity towns seem to have more money to spend to buy goods from the player.

Towns and villages with low prosperity should have:

1. Lots of beggars
  2. People looking like they are suffering from malnutrition and wearing poor quality clothing
  3. Limited supplies of food for sale (the town needs to keep what it can for its own people)
  4. Buildings that look like they are falling apart
  5. Less crops and looking like the yields are poor
  6. Animals that look underfed and a few carcasses

Towns with high prosperity should have:

1. Absence of beggars
  2. People looking well fed and with expensive clothing
  3. Ample supplies of food for sale
  4. Buildings in tip top shape
  5. Lots of crops and high yields (ex: large crops)
  6. Livestock animals in great health and lots of them (both in game when you go to the town/village and for sale).

Medium towns and villages of course would be somewhere in between these 2 extremes.

Loyalty
Note the conversations around the towns and villages.

In towns with high loyalty, there should be a lot of praise for the ruler. Currently the only praise is based on the traits of the clan ruler and the town governor.

Towns and villages with very poor loyalty should be constantly speaking ill of the leading faction that controls the town and villages.

Towns with high relations should have people speaking endless praises of the leadership every time.

The conversations could combine the two:

• A town or village with poor prosperity and poor loyalty would have citizens talking very poorly about the leadership saying they cannot do anything right, and that they are ready to rebel. (This might open up a new mechanic).
  • A town or village with good prosperity and poor loyalty would have citizens saying although the town is reasonably wealthy, none of the credit belongs with the current management (the person assigned to govern the town or the clan leader). Such a town might have cultural tensions (ex: leader faction is not the same culture as the town) along with other challenges that cause this divide.
  • A town or village with poor prosperity and high loyalty would say that although things are looking grim right now, they are sticking with the current clan and governor for patriotic reasons. Citizens are cautiously optimistic that better times will come.
  • Finally a town or village with both high prosperity and loyalty should be speaking super high praises of the governor and clan leader. They should also say they are hopeful that the good times will stay.

This would be accessible throughout the conversations and it would also affect the relationships that notables had with the player.

Immersion

The whole point of this is to have a dynamic town and village that reflects the conditions. It feels like what a real world town might feel like.

Think of it like the seasons (we have winter seasons to spring to summer to fall and it starts again) - the town is reflecting the economic climate the town is in and the political attitudes towards the current town leadership.

Right now this has only been partially implemented - for higher prosperity towns have more denars. It could be expanded though to be so much more.

+1 for sure, I have been hoping for a feature that reflects the actual work you want to put into your fiefs. Having towns, villages and castles is nice, but to be able to be a good or bad ruler for your people and seeing that reflected back in the world would be really cool!

+1 for sure, I have been hoping for a feature that reflects the actual work you want to put into your fiefs. Having towns, villages and castles is nice, but to be able to be a good or bad ruler for your people and seeing that reflected back in the world would be really cool!

Yep - even if they started with easier to implement features (Ex: ratio of beggars to peasants to citizens in nice clothing), it would be a major step forward.

Back
Top Bottom