We need custom servers NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

_Kaido

Recruit

The playerbase on MP is on a huge decline and the so called "mp patch" didn't fix anything for the casual player that wants to enjoy the mp experience.
Delaying the custom servers just to fix your broken MP will not only harm the playerbase that is left playing but will push the players that wanted to play away and they aint coming back.

You guys trying to make native a competitive scene for the 50 tryhard fans that take part and literaly sh1t on the other players that are casual and want to enjoy playing the big battles. Sure, you can fix the native as much as you want but working on that one "captain map" and trying to fix and add stuff for then competitive scene like ranked duels etc and not let people have their mods before that is literally nonsense. Like who wants bayblades in the server with no teamhit damage, cav that run thrue 20 infantry and doesnt stop, having all team go cav and archer with no limits, forcing people to play premade classes and forcing them to hold javelings to "counter the range and cav".

Since you obviously, and i mean obviously cant make MP work in the favour of the casual and new players, why dont you let people make it work on their mods and let them start working on them instead of waiting to make ranked play and add bunch of competitive stuff that the minority that is left playing doesn't even want? This is not cs:go, you're trying so hard to push the idea of matchmaking and ranked play on a playerbase of 100 people. You can't even find maps on matchmaking, literally everyone uses the custom servers to play the game except the clans that compete in the "league". It's like you take no feedback from anyone than them.

Give the custom servers to us, let people start working from now to make their mods while you keep working on making whatever Native mp experience youre trying to make. With mod tools out people can start producing maps and make anything they want and you keep us from having all these for not giving custom servers. Stop hurting the playerbase and give people what they want.

+1

Please get rid of the useless player levelling / database that literally does not do anything except for showing a badge of how many games you won on the scoreboard. And all of the security issues that may or may not come with that.

And release the dedicated server files.

This is one of the cases where simpler approach is orders of magnitude more useful to the player base.

Last edited:
As much as I do not endorse the way TaleWorlds has handled the EA release and subsequent updates, I hugely doubt that TW is focusing mainly on the competitive player base, if we can even call it that way right now. They simply weren't even nearly ready for the EA and while the game got positive ratings from the huge influx of people who never really cared about the game other than playing 30 hours, the community that stayed has been given a hugely truncated content.

It really doesn't come to TW disliking casual community or not caring about them. It is just a chain of wrong calls and decisions that have done the damage - releasing without dedicated servers being one of them.

I don't know what I want custom serves for more, more maps, fixes or so we can kick half the teenage angsty edge lord gutter trash that taints the chat with innate drivel, it's worse than Warband chat was at it's peak.

_Kaido
+1
TW if you want earn more money. Give community custom servers.

45438847-5-image.png

What's the problem with MM there?
We don't get match-making regions so we have to use either Asia, Europe or NA. As you can imagine it's not very fun playing with lag. I feel bad for SA as they never even got a custom server to use. Applies for clan matches aswell.

I know myself and the majority of the players in my clan have uninstalled and aren't playing until custom servers. The game just isn't fun without them there's nothing to do.

Also, this is a hilarious example of what TW is using their time for instead of releasing custom servers. There's really something wrong with their management if this is what they're choosing to do

If you think the competitive scene is the focus, haha, I just have to laugh at that. They were given one thing everyone asked for and that is the opportunity to play matches in organized matter, with all the problems that arise with the system that they have introduced for that. This is literally the equal of a siege server in the custom list, which we have now.
I think focus of TW is still and will be for some time single player. If you check the amount of work going into SP for each and each patch you'd come to the same conclusion.

If there's one demand by the competitive scene which is iterated again and again and again, I think it's the cry for custom servers. Like everyone else.
However if the server files are not stable enough (if you consider the massive amounts of crashes still in the game) I do see the developers point of view if they say: "No, not yet."
And that might be better. I do not like this decision, I cannot stress this enough, but if the custom servers are constantly crashing, this will drive also ppl out, especially if you consider that people have waited very long for the custom servers and if they're not working then... well... yeah... That will be the last straw.

Last edited:
If you think the competitive scene is the focus, haha, I just have to laugh at that. They were given one thing everyone asked for and that is the opportunity to play matches in organized matter, with all the problems that arise with the system that they have introduced for that. This is literally the equal of a siege server in the custom list, which we have now.
I think focus of TW is still and will be for some time single player. If you check the amount of work going into SP for each and each patch you'd come to the same conclusion.

If there's one demand by the competitive scene which is iterated again and again and again, I think it's the cry for custom servers. Like everyone else.
However if the server files are not stable enough (if you consider the massive amounts of crashes still in the game) I do see the developers point of view if they say: "No, not yet."
And that might be better. I do not like this decision, I cannot stress this enough, but if the custom servers are constantly crashing, this will drive also ppl out, especially if you consider that people have waited very long for the custom servers and if they're not working then... well... yeah... That will be the last straw.
They did focus on the competitive scene initially.

The class system design was a competitive focus, not a casual one. It's pretty obvious when it only works for skirmish of captain, both which are designed to be competitive

Back
Top Bottom